• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What should I get for Christmas?

USUM or Miitopia?

• Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Miitopia

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Other game (specify in comments)

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

EvieEvening23

Queen of Ducks
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
May Birthstone (Emerald)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Hi! So Christmas is approaching really soon and I'm kinda torn between getting these two games: Ultra Sun/Moon or Miitopia

I heard that USUM is actually challenging which is pretty great. I always love good story lines and occasionally the mini sidequests you get to do during the main story, and I heard that it's more complete and fleshed out than SM (which I've already played).

But, there aren't that many new Pokemon and I always look forward to whatever the Pok?mon crew can come up with, so that's a bit disappointing.

---

On the other hand, Miitopia has been out for quite some time. I really liked the randomness of Tomodachi Life and the randomness appears to be present in it's predecessor, Miitopia. I love the customization options so that's cool as well.

I do feel like I may get bored of it later and that's what's holding me back from buying it.

---

A little info: I'm a pretty casual player but I do like hunting for shiny Pokemon and obtaining all the gear in a game so there's that. Also, if you suggested an alternative game, I'd like to hear your opinions!

Just going to talk bout usum here

Usum is a improved version of sm with much more features and much more ( returning ) Pokemon,
But please remember the game really is sm but with the climax of the story change.

Also sorry, but no new sets of Pokemon till Pokemon switch.. ( it's how pokemon Generations work )

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just going to talk bout usum here

Usum is a improved version of sm with much more features and much more ( returning ) Pokemon,
But please remember the game really is sm but with the climax of the story change.

Also sorry, but no new sets of Pokemon till Pokemon switch.. ( it's how pokemon Generations work )

I'm just going to say MiiTopia, as it's something new. In my opinion, I don't like getting games that are super similar to ones I own, but you may think differently. At least Miitopia would be fresh, in my eyes at least.

It's safe to say that USUM is practically an expansion to SM, so of course you're not going to have much mileage on getting the former if you already played the previous installment in first place.

I don't know much about Miitopia, but this looks significantly more substantial than Tomodachi Life from what I've seen. Even if you've grown over the novelty of Miis, you still got an intriguing gameplay to look forward before reaching the staff roll.

I don't know what your gaming library consists of, but I feel that none of the titles you mentioned compare to what I'll list:

• Either Kirby: Triple Deluxe or Planet Robobot
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Star Fox 64 3D
  • Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
  • Any Professor Layton installment
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Bravely Default
  • Any BoxBoy installment
  • Pushmo
  • Rhythm Heaven Megamix
  • Kirby's Dream Land 2 (Game Boy)
  • Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (Game Boy)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (Game Boy Color)
  • Super Mario World (SNES)
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
  • Super Metroid (SNES)
  • EarthBound (SNES)

In case you somehow obtain a Nintendo Switch, Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Sonic Mania and Stardew Valley might tickle your fancy.

Last edited:
I'd do Miitopia, I'm enjoying the heck out of the demo. But I've never played pokemon, so my opinion not especially unbiased. :p

I probably would go with Miitopia, I've played the demo and it seems super fun. I would go against the Pokemon moon/sun games (I'm not referring to ultra, never played that) cause the game seems pretty easy and I got through it in only a few days. Seems easier from past installments within the Pokemon Franchise and that didn't set well with me. That opinion might not apply to Ultra versions of the game but who knows, right? I only played the moon game. You say it's challenging so I assume it's better than my experience with moon.

Miitopia sounds really fun and I might get it soon. I like games filled with customization's and randomness, which fits my criteria of genre of games. I'm not sure what you should get, but I would pick Miitopia.

thanks guys! I decided to get my parents to get Miitopia. I do have Tomodachi Life (the first game I got for the 3DS) and I'm excited to see what crazy abominations and relationships I can conjure up.

Back