• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Talking to animals at campsite

I officially HATE this! Thought I'd try just having 4 villagers at my campsite who give me the resource and essence I need most... Signed on this morning and only two wanted to talk to me and only one of them gave me anything and that was just bells!!!! The other one just talked about something random and I got nothing from him. This is so frustrating for me it makes me not want to play anymore. What's the point of having a full camp when you can only talk to a couple of them every three hours???? This sucks!!!! :mad:

This update with talking to the animals at the campsite is awful! I haven't gotten any essence at all and now I'm limited to which ones I can talk to!?? I will likely be removing this game by the new year once I can't level up animals or build things because I'm maxed out on leveling... :mad:

This was bound to happen sadly.

Too many people were breezing through the game without spending money.

- - - Post Merge - - -

But once we get the OK Motors slot machine, we’ll be okay.

It makes me sad because I really love this game. But with it going so slow now with getting essence and building up resources, it's not even fun for me any longer. I liked being able to talk to whoever I wanted to at my campsite. Why ruin a great game? I know, I know... it's all about the Benjamins. :(

I know what you mean! I enjoyed talking to all of my campers at the campsite. It's kinda insulting when half of them ignore me now!!! lol

I officially hate this upgrade. I am not getting essences at the rate I was before, so upgrading is going to take forever, because 1.) getting only 1 essence here and there and 2.) then waiting the hours it takes to upgrade anything. I am pretty much feeling over it right now. Unless I want to keep redecorating my RV or camp, it is starting to feel tedious, and too time consuming. I know they probably made it really easy in the beginning to get people interested, and I was really happy it didn't feel like a cash grab, but now it is starting to feel like a cash grab to me, and I won't give in to that.

Like all the other crafting materials, essence becomes unnecessary. Once you've maxed out your amenities and built all the furniture, it's pretty much useless. I'm just stockpiling it now for when new furniture comes out or if they introduce tier 4 amenities.

But it looks like most of the new furniture and the 5th set of amenities (soon to be released) use the new green Rustic essence, so I may never use the essence I'm saving up now.

I used to check in a lot throughout the day, but as I've run out of things to do, I check in less and less, so not being able to talk to campers every hour is not an issue for me.

I find that it’s ruined my at camp routine too. Being at camp is less interesting and rewarding. Although the times I do talk to them they give out extra friendship points. Like 6 instead of the usual 1 or 2. And occasionally when they do give essence they sometimes give much more of that too.

Like all the other crafting materials, essence becomes unnecessary. Once you've maxed out your amenities and built all the furniture, it's pretty much useless. I'm just stockpiling it now for when new furniture comes out or if they introduce tier 4 amenities.

But it looks like most of the new furniture and the 5th set of amenities (soon to be released) use the new green Rustic essence, so I may never use the essence I'm saving up now.

I used to check in a lot throughout the day, but as I've run out of things to do, I check in less and less, so not being able to talk to campers every hour is not an issue for me.

I am still in the middle of crafting amenities, and not even close to done, so at this point it is going to take a lot longer to get them done. I wish I had started this game sooner, as I would have been done with them already. Either way, I do feel that once I do finish the amenities what is left to do? I would like to craft all the furniture, but again what is left to do?!

I am still in the middle of crafting amenities, and not even close to done, so at this point it is going to take a lot longer to get them done. I wish I had started this game sooner, as I would have been done with them already. Either way, I do feel that once I do finish the amenities what is left to do? I would like to craft all the furniture, but again what is left to do?!

Right now I'm breeding flowers to collect the new items. Other than that...not much! I still have some campers who aren't at level 20 yet so I fulfill their requests but it won't be long before they are all maxed out.

Other than that, I've run out of things to do. I know another big update is coming out after Christmas so we'll have new villagers, furniture and amenities to craft. Until then, I'll just work on my flowers and max out the rest of my campers' friendship levels.

There isn't really a lot of content in this game yet. It seems like it at first, but everyone will be running out of things to do soon. Especially the folks like me who started on October 25th.

I'm one of those people that actually likes the change. Though they will speak less often, when they do give you stuff, they give you a lot more, and I've gotten more essences lately than they used to give me, on top of sometimes getting like 30 of a material.

It's also nice to not feel as pressured to speak to them, since it can take up a lot of time, especially with the new gardening feature being implemented. There's a lot of things that can get tedious and speaking to all the villagers that need favors on top of the 8 other conversations on the campsite could get tiresome for me.

I like the change. Less chatting, more stuff!

Also, so many of my animals are around level 18 that I'd soon max them out. It was too easy to exploit the campsite animals for rapid levelling up.

The only thing I am getting more of is bells. I had two of them give me 2500 bells, but otherwise they aren't giving me much of anything in the way of crafty supplies and essences? what are those?!

Back