• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Talking to animals at campsite

Shele

Bells
Did the newest update change the time between being able to talk to the animals at our campsite? I haven't been able to talk to mine or do any requests for them for over 2 hours now. I really hope Nintendo didn't change it. I had a strategy in place based on being able to talk to them every hour... :(

You can no longer talk to each camp resident every hour. Instead, every 3 hours you will get a notice that 2 or 3 residents want to talk to you (you'll see a bubble pop up at the top left corner of the screen). Last time only 2 wanted to talk, but I got 3 essence from one and 6!!! essence from the other!

Dang! I can't tell if this update made talking to villagers at your campsite a nerf or a buff.

I do like that you get a pop up now telling you which want to talk to you. I noticed that the payouts for talking to them is higher now, which I like, but when you need certain items, if the one you need to talk to isn't available it puts a damper on getting extra things you need. I definitely can't check every 3 hours to talk to different animals than I did last time. It screws up my strategy for crafting supplies etc.

It's so much better this way in my opinion. It became really tiresome talking to 8 animals per visit without any guarantee of essences. Now it's just 3 animals, 100% essence.

Well, I hate it! Completely screws up my strategy. But, I guess I have to deal with it because I LOVE this game!

It's so much better this way in my opinion. It became really tiresome talking to 8 animals per visit without any guarantee of essences. Now it's just 3 animals, 100% essence.

I like the 100% essence for sure, my issue is that I have a hard time getting certain essences, and now unless they give me an animal with that essence when I am able to talk to them I have less of a chance of getting the essence I actually need more of. I can't check the game every 3 hours to make sure I get to talk to every animal now, before I was able to talk to every animal every time I was able to check in...now I will only be able to talk each one once a day if I am lucky.

I can’t decide if I like this or not... on the one hand I liked talking to my villagers every hour, on the other hand with this new method I get way more materials this way

I can?t decide if I like this or not... on the one hand I liked talking to my villagers every hour, on the other hand with this new method I get way more materials this way

Just got another notice to talk to 2 campers and got zero essence and zero materials. Got +5 friendship with each and bells, so the theory of 100% essence is false.

I'm glad I earned enough essence to build all the furniture (minus some special request items I don't want) and max out all the tier 3 amenities BEFORE the update!

nkXMRJp.png

Last edited:
Wow I didnt know that the payouts was higher now for just talking to them thanks for the tip

Just got another notice to talk to 2 campers and got zero essence and zero materials. Got +5 friendship with each and bells, so the theory of 100% essence is false.

I'm glad I earned enough essence to build all the furniture (minus some special request items I don't want) and max out all my tier 3 amenities before the update.

nkXMRJp.png

I guess I'll just bring in the villagers with the essence/resources I need and hope for the best.

Since the game will randomly choose 2-4 campers, you can send everyone home except 2-4 campers with the type of essence that you need. I think you can get 3-6 depend on your luck. One thing that I did notice is that Nintendo might raise the current maximum lvl. I received a notice from the system stating that I had reached maximum lvl for Filbert but it also stated in parentheses that the lvl cap might increased.

Since the game will randomly choose 2-4 campers, you can send everyone home except 2-4 campers with the type of essence that you need. I think you can get 3-6 depend on your luck. One thing that I did notice is that Nintendo might raise the current maximum lvl. I received a notice from the system stating that I had reached maximum lvl for Filbert but it also stated in parentheses that the lvl cap might increased.

I wonder if that means tier four amenities will be added? I need five more days to finish maxing out my tier three amenities, so I hope tier fours aren't released before then!

I think the bubble notice is nice, as even before when we got to talk to them all I always felt like I would forget one, especially when they'd switch around when I was in the middle of talking to them... So at least now we have a notice so we can talk to the people we want.

After the update 4 of my guests wanted to talk to me. Then 10 minutes latter, one of those same 4 wanted to talk to me again.

I'm noticing less framerate lag after this update.

I should've sat through more than one cycle before opening my mouth. It's not 100% but it does give more essence compared to the previous method.

It’s definitely not 100% essence, I’ve talked to the villagers for 4 cycles so far and have yet to get any essence

EDIT: Didn’t realize the post above me was about that!

Last edited:
Back