Talking to animals at campsite

Shele

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Did the newest update change the time between being able to talk to the animals at our campsite? I haven't been able to talk to mine or do any requests for them for over 2 hours now. I really hope Nintendo didn't change it. I had a strategy in place based on being able to talk to them every hour... :(

You can no longer talk to each camp resident every hour. Instead, every 3 hours you will get a notice that 2 or 3 residents want to talk to you (you'll see a bubble pop up at the top left corner of the screen). Last time only 2 wanted to talk, but I got 3 essence from one and 6!!! essence from the other!

Dang! I can't tell if this update made talking to villagers at your campsite a nerf or a buff.

I do like that you get a pop up now telling you which want to talk to you. I noticed that the payouts for talking to them is higher now, which I like, but when you need certain items, if the one you need to talk to isn't available it puts a damper on getting extra things you need. I definitely can't check every 3 hours to talk to different animals than I did last time. It screws up my strategy for crafting supplies etc.

It's so much better this way in my opinion. It became really tiresome talking to 8 animals per visit without any guarantee of essences. Now it's just 3 animals, 100% essence.

Well, I hate it! Completely screws up my strategy. But, I guess I have to deal with it because I LOVE this game!

It's so much better this way in my opinion. It became really tiresome talking to 8 animals per visit without any guarantee of essences. Now it's just 3 animals, 100% essence.

I like the 100% essence for sure, my issue is that I have a hard time getting certain essences, and now unless they give me an animal with that essence when I am able to talk to them I have less of a chance of getting the essence I actually need more of. I can't check the game every 3 hours to make sure I get to talk to every animal now, before I was able to talk to every animal every time I was able to check in...now I will only be able to talk each one once a day if I am lucky.

I can’t decide if I like this or not... on the one hand I liked talking to my villagers every hour, on the other hand with this new method I get way more materials this way

I can?t decide if I like this or not... on the one hand I liked talking to my villagers every hour, on the other hand with this new method I get way more materials this way

Just got another notice to talk to 2 campers and got zero essence and zero materials. Got +5 friendship with each and bells, so the theory of 100% essence is false.

I'm glad I earned enough essence to build all the furniture (minus some special request items I don't want) and max out all the tier 3 amenities BEFORE the update!

nkXMRJp.png

Last edited:
Wow I didnt know that the payouts was higher now for just talking to them thanks for the tip

Just got another notice to talk to 2 campers and got zero essence and zero materials. Got +5 friendship with each and bells, so the theory of 100% essence is false.

I'm glad I earned enough essence to build all the furniture (minus some special request items I don't want) and max out all my tier 3 amenities before the update.

nkXMRJp.png

I guess I'll just bring in the villagers with the essence/resources I need and hope for the best.

Since the game will randomly choose 2-4 campers, you can send everyone home except 2-4 campers with the type of essence that you need. I think you can get 3-6 depend on your luck. One thing that I did notice is that Nintendo might raise the current maximum lvl. I received a notice from the system stating that I had reached maximum lvl for Filbert but it also stated in parentheses that the lvl cap might increased.

Since the game will randomly choose 2-4 campers, you can send everyone home except 2-4 campers with the type of essence that you need. I think you can get 3-6 depend on your luck. One thing that I did notice is that Nintendo might raise the current maximum lvl. I received a notice from the system stating that I had reached maximum lvl for Filbert but it also stated in parentheses that the lvl cap might increased.

I wonder if that means tier four amenities will be added? I need five more days to finish maxing out my tier three amenities, so I hope tier fours aren't released before then!

I think the bubble notice is nice, as even before when we got to talk to them all I always felt like I would forget one, especially when they'd switch around when I was in the middle of talking to them... So at least now we have a notice so we can talk to the people we want.

After the update 4 of my guests wanted to talk to me. Then 10 minutes latter, one of those same 4 wanted to talk to me again.

I'm noticing less framerate lag after this update.

I should've sat through more than one cycle before opening my mouth. It's not 100% but it does give more essence compared to the previous method.

It’s definitely not 100% essence, I’ve talked to the villagers for 4 cycles so far and have yet to get any essence

EDIT: Didn’t realize the post above me was about that!

Last edited:
Back