• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Towns without a campsite

I personally never build it. I find that I rather trade for my dreamie rather than hoping they decide to camp. I don't like how it looks.

I don't have a camp site. Not because I don't want one, it's because a villager is in the way of where I want to place it.

I have the campsite in two of my four towns, but I don't plan to ever build it in those towns. I've come to really despise permanent PWPs.

I?m in a similar position.

YET - If you could see the tent or igloo in a Dream Address I would be more willing to build it!

I built mine on the far southern corner of the map. It looks nice being by the cliff-side and surrounded by a few trees. The ocean crashing also helps give it a nature like feel. Of course, when WA came around, Harv's campsite plopped practically right next to it.

It does look nice when there is a tent or igloo, but I agree...it's not to pretty when it's empty.

Before the update, I only use it to obtain a villager I really want.
Vista and Moonview are my only towns that have it.. Moonview's is only for decoration purposes only and Vista...well I put it up before the big update to get a villager I really want though it (by camp resetting).....but unfortunately I ended up getting someone's voided villager instead at the time. -sigh-, it was a huge waste!

Having the tent can really clash with a strictly modern theme. Otherwise if you have something like a winter town it'd be great since it becomes an igloo!
Personally I've always built it since I usually go with a rustic/natural look and it just seems to fit really well in most cases. Plus I find it entertaining to see who comes up in your campsite :>

Last edited:
I have a campsite. I actually had a really nice place for it - my river starts very far north in my town and I managed to squeeze the campsite into the only accessible 3x3 area up there, so I know no other villagers will move in. I think it's really nice positioning in-game since it's near the waterfall, on the outskirts of town, there's a nice forest in the area, and it's a short walk away from the Train Station. I probably wouldn't have built it so quickly if my town hadn't given me quite literally the perfect spot.

If you don't build the campsite then you can't have all 10 villagers I thought
Really? I mean I know they can't come in, but can't you still get another village's moving villager or use an amiibo card? I don't know, as I never tried...I might test that out.

Really? I mean I know they can't come in, but can't you still get another village's moving villager or use an amiibo card? I don't know, as I never tried...I might test that out.

I think they meant that they used to think you couldn't fill all 10 slots without a camp. You can definitely still get a 10nth villager other ways like the ones you mentioned :0 I could be wrong but I think it's possible for your 10nth villager to be someone's voided villager. A normal villager under normal circumstances can't move in when you have 9 though
sorry if I misread what you said ;o;

Last edited:
I built it! I just like the way the little igloo or tent looks. It's on a small bottom corner of my town, so I don't really see it too often anywho.

I like the campsite and even though I've only invited one villager in ever in both my towns (Cheri the cub), I always check it and play games with the campers~ I especially love the lazy ones, since you can get a big profit if you're patient enough. :)

Also, I believe the campsite does look good even in modern towns, as it kinda looks like a construction area. It'd look great in a little "in the making" area with the pipes and drill. :)

I have all 10 villagers and no campsite.

You're bound to pick one up from someone's void.
I did. :-/
What sucks is after I booted them out, I am faced with him every day on Main Street.

You're bound to pick one up from someone's void.
I did. :-/
What sucks is after I booted them out, I am faced with him every day on Main Street.
Well the good thing for me is, I have all my dreamies. If a mistake happens and one moves out, I'll either quickly adopt someone. Or I'll keep my town stuck on a day until I can get a replacement.

I've gotten voided villagers plenty of times. Each time they ruined my plans of either adopting a dream villager. Or a space in my town that I may or may not have finished.

I never notice if another town has it or not, unless they've built a cool campsite area around it.

I have it in my town and I don't regret it despite not having any use for it anymore. I did get several villagers from it that I kept for a looooong time although I did let them move out eventually.

Back