• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

(How) do you celebrate Christmas?

Anactoria

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Green Candy
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
White Pansy
If you celebrate Christmas, what kinds of activities do you do? I want to warm my heart with your festive cheer

I've never really had a super festive Christmas, secular or religious, since we have more of a buy-what-you-need-when-you-need-it and have-activities-throughout-the-year kind of mentality. We put up lights, and sometimes give gifts, and eat. I guess that's what most people do lmao. We also save almost all our shopping for boxing day, which is slightly depressing but also sensical.

So what do you all do? Are there any activities you particularly enjoy? Gingerbread cookies/houses? Ornament making? Mid-winter hiking trips?

Last edited:
Decorating the tree of course (though usually do that around the beginning of the month), watch Christmas movies and make a gingerbread house. That's about it, never been to big on celebrating holidays apart from a few things here and there.

We have two trees we decorate. Normally, the flashy, glittery ornaments will go on the white tree and the traditional red and green will go on the green tree, but this year my grandma passed away so I decorated the white tree completely with her ornaments. :) Other than that, I have dinner with my family, open gifts and watch Christmas movies. I also like to take a nap after the dinner on Christmas Day since I always eat way too much food.

Watching Christmas movies, opening gifts, eating crab, opening one gift on Christmas Eve. We decorate usually towards the beginning of the month. The past few years we have done gingerbread houses but this year we didn't. I also drink a disgusting amount of eggnog.

My cat and I are going to sit through a SAW marathon!

Oh yes.
There WILL be blood!

Just eat dinner with my family, not even a Christmas dinner just a regular old dinner. But I'll usually request something I'd like my mom to make since it's not all the time I get to come home. We don't celebrate X-mas/we're not religious and we stopped exchanging gifts long time ago. But I do buy books for my dad.

With family, traditionally we gather around in the morning, and open presents.
Then we eat, then relax.

No matter what issues we may have, we always have this day together.
This may be my first ever Christmas away from home.

- - - Post Merge - - -

We have two trees we decorate. Normally, the flashy, glittery ornaments will go on the white tree and the traditional red and green will go on the green tree, but this year my grandma passed away so I decorated the white tree completely with her ornaments. :) Other than that, I have dinner with my family, open gifts and watch Christmas movies. I also like to take a nap after the dinner on Christmas Day since I always eat way too much food.

Prayers go to your family, have a Merry Christmas <3

What I enjoy most for this holiday has been to see how it turns out, the strategy I planed out so crazy carefully for someone who I love.♡ Ahhhh thinking of it is already making me have rough breath! (Oh no please don't call me a creep )

how we celebrate christmas eve and christmas day is like this:
on christmas eve we go to my grandmothers' house for a few hours, then go to the candlelight service at church, and then we come home an open the gifts we've gotten for each other.

On christmas day we make a hearty breakfast, and then go back to my grandmother's house to open gifts with the extended family. then we come back home again and spend the rest of the day eating sweets we've made, watching christmas movies, and enjoing our new things. :)

Last edited:
i usually go to eat with family, but i'd rather be at home. family gatherings make me anxious

typically, my family goes to midnight mass because the morning masses are always so crowded. after opening gifts in the morning, i usually get together with my family on my dad's side on christmas. its really great to see everyone, especially my cousins who are now in college, and the food is always good. there's a lot of drama, but it's whatever.

Aside from decorating the house with lights & the tree, on Christmas Day my family & I go to mass and then go to relatives' house and stay there for a while (unless we go on Christmas Eve). After that we go home and open presents and then eat lunch and and put on a movie.

Usually with the family watching movies or listening to some oldies mixtape on the stereo lol Also eating tamales and drinking some warm champurrado lol Speaking for myself, I would also drink some wine bottles through out the day and get buzzed. The champurrado comes in handy afterwards lol

Last edited:
My Christmas always goes like so:

20th-24th: Drive around to see Christmas lights.
24th: Go to my aunt and uncle's for a family gathering and dinner.
25th: Get up around 5-7AM to open Christmas presents with my mum and sister.
25th around 11AM: Go to my grandparents' house for lunch.

Then that's that. It's awesome, and it's tradition.

Back