Scariest Moment In Your WHOLE Entire Life of Living?

I have two.

1) This one isn't as scary as the next, but it was terrifying at the time. So a friend and I were at a theme park and we were going to go on this ride together. We'd been on it a couple times before, so it was no big deal. Basically, you're strapped into a cage and then get spun (like a ferris wheel) at high speeds upside down (if you're curious, look up "Black Widow's Web Lightwater Valley"). The kicker is, you're not actually strapped in at all, just held in by centripetal force. So as we were upside down, I clutched to the edge of the cage too hard and heart a click. I pretty much died in that moment and thought I was going to fall out of the ride and die. I didn't, but I'm now cripplingly scared of theme parks (thanks to Shane Dawson's conspiracy theories).

2) The time I got chased down by a crazy girl with a knife in the woods. She accused me of bullying someone over the phone (it was a prank call and she didn't even know me) and said if I didn't stop she'd scoop my eyes out with the knife she had. She had 2 or 3 friends with her on BMXs. Me being me, I argued with her to defend myself. It ended with her and her friends chasing me and my two friends out of the woods to the corner shop. I thought I was going to die that day.

I have a fear of clowns. Coulrophobia.

When I was 7, I had chicken pox.
Nanna hired a clown to cheer me up.

In he walks.
I thought he was going to eat me.

I start screaming, "Nanna! WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG?!!!"

Twas utterly terrifying.

Last edited:
When I was about 13 or 14, I went to a really nice Christian overnight camp for a week. It was fun and the activities were great, but the last day we went to a waterfall. It was huge and had several pools at the bottom of it, all full of sharp rocks. I swam for a bit before climbing to the top of the waterfall and hanging out on a patch of wet rocks. The only problem was that the rocks were extremely slippery. I suddenly felt myself sliding off the rocks toward the waterfall edge, where there was a pool about 10 feet below. It was shallow and I could see the rocks sticking out of it. I remember thinking to myself in a remarkably calm mindset, "I'm gonna die. I'm gonna hit those rocks and die a horribly painful death." I closed my eyes, too scared to scream, when suddenly I felt a hand grab my arm and wrench me away from the edge. It was one of the chaperones who had been sitting a foot away. She had this look of shock on her face and that was when I realized she had just saved my life. I still remember that event to this day.

Oh god, either when my home was destroyed by Hurricane Sandy, or when I flew off a gargantuan ramp after falling off my sled.

A traumatizing moment for me was during one terrible typhoon that got us stranded in a cemetery. It was the funeral for my gradmother's sister and it was raining extremely hard so we (my family and a couple of others) had to find shelter in a 2-storied building nearby. The rain kept on pouring until it filled the 1st floor and trapped us all in the 2nd floor, no electricity and a few packs of crackers to get by the day. I was like 9 and I was crying so much because it was so dark and I thought we were going to starve to death. Eventually, like after a day or two, the rain subsided but the flood was still very high so we had to swim home, chest-high deep in very dirty water.

Hmm.
It was when there was a thunder and lightning storm at night; we were on holiday when we were outside in a sand desert. There was no form of transport nearby and we had to rely on our travel guides to quickly guide us back to safety, away from the lightning. The sand was blowing on our face and the wet sand was stacking up in our shoes. Trust me, having lightning in the desert at night is scary.

p.s. I was hyperventilating

Last edited:
Besides my panic attacks, the scariest moment for me was at a Church camp on a mountain. We were coming down on it and I was walking weird on another path right above the main path, where the others were on. As I was coming down, it was a sudden and steep drop. I almost fell off the main path on top of cacti which were 10 feet under the main path until a girl named Abby stopped me from falling off even though I was three times her size.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also when my Mom passed out making thanksgiving dinner and started seizing.

When my house was broken into when I was 12 or 13 years old. I'm 20 now and I'm still terrified to stay by myself.

Back