• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Watering flowers

Gruntilda

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
I am a little confused by this. One of my new stretch goals is to water a certain amount of flowers. First thing I tried was walking over to the watering can - no go. Second thing was to see if I could get a prompt to do so from the gyroid - no go. Then I noticed in my friends list that I was told I could go and help 5 friends water their flowers. But the "visit the garden" link was paled out so I couldn't do that. Does this mean I will have to go find friends to water my flowers too? Kind of like the quarry requests? I just can't figure out how to do that though.

you have to wait for the soil to turn dry, or go to a friend's garden whose soil is dry and water their flowers.
I'm not really sure how often you need to water flowers to harvest them however

Seems the soil goes dry after 1 hour. You can water your own plants and friends plants. If the garden is grayed out, that most likely means they haven't started their garden yet.
Not sure how long dry flowers can survive.

The soil is dry but I still can't work out how to water
Tap the flower mound. This confused me too. If the soil isn’t dry it won’t give you the option but if it is dry it equips you with a can and you water that clump if flowers.

Ah i think I have the hang of it now, it goes a slightly different colour

You can water your own flowers? For some reason I thought it was just in friend's gardens. Maybe my flowers just don't need it now since I don't think I can do anything with them yet.

Hardest part is finding a friend who's plants haven't been watered yet.
Reward is +1 friend power per friend.

You can water your own flowers? For some reason I thought it was just in friend's gardens. Maybe my flowers just don't need it now since I don't think I can do anything with them yet.

Yup! You can water your own. It’ll give you the option to water when they need it and the soil will be a lighter color

Quick notes of Watering from what I can gather;
  • Stretch Goal "Water flowers 2 times." - Watering ANYONE's plants counts, including your garden and friends garden
  • Soil dries up approximately every 1 hour
  • Damp soil CAN NOT be watered
  • Wilted Flowers CAN be revived by watering them
  • Watering phases occurs while the plant is GROWING (matured plants will stay watered indefinitely)
  • Helping water friend's garden rewards you with 1 Friend Powder (limited 5 per cycle)
  • Flower soil dries up approximately every 1 hour
  • You CAN NOT water something that's already damp

Depending on how well you know your friends, you can probably guess if their garden is well maintained.

E.G. If one of your rando friends is constantly visiting your garden, you can be pretty sure their garden is well tended.
OR If you know one of your friends is only online maybe 2-3 times a day, you can probably find a period between to water their plants.

Last edited:
When your flowers dry out and no one waters them (like over night) do you lose them? I have some great rare ones and I worry they will be gone by morning.

The only friend that I can find to water is a friend I know who only has 4 friends. XD All my other friends either play too often or have a million friends like me, I never find any dry plants in my own garden cause I have too many friends all visiting. XD I mean it's a good thing but hard for the goals and free stuff!

Orange tulip on purple tulip seems to give some nice seeds.
But still no blue seeds...

Last edited:
Orange tulip on purple tulip seems to give some nice seeds.
But still no blue seeds...

I have blue tulips! You can visit my garden (we're friends), if you want. Name is Wendy and I have pink hair, LOL. Hope you'll get blue seeds soon!

Hello pink ponytail Wendy. Just visited your camp to buy a coral.
Which combination did you use to get blue seeds?

Hello pink ponytail Wendy. Just visited your camp to buy a coral.
Which combination did you use to get blue seeds?

sy3bCYb.jpg

I have all of the hybrids always out in my garden if you wanna give it a go.

Hardest part is finding a friend who's plants haven't been watered yet.
Reward is +1 friend power per friend.

This. I have the max amount of friends, 85% daily users, & I only ever find 3 people with wilted flowers. Well, they're going to implement bugs into the garden soon, so maybe there will be a social aspect to them as well.

I have all of the hybrids always out in my garden if you wanna give it a go.

I am aware of the existence of said file. Yet I've crossed 200+ orange tulips with a purple one, and got 0 blue seeds.

Last edited:
Back