• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I'm so frustrated right now with this game

Well this happened..... -_-

25395778_382559115519699_3157965744932048587_n.jpg

This was completely random. Now I feel bad for complaining about him. :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think the content of the letters doesn't matter, they can't read lol >v< ♫
Sending presents does up friendship, though! So it's better to attach anything to each of them (it can be flowers or whatever). If your level with him is already high, it's a matter of time! Just keep it high and sooner or later he'll go! ^v^

Well he just gave me his picture, so doesn't that mean I'm really good friends with him? I don't know how this works. But yes, I'm definitely going to send him presents.

I always send them funny letters, you should try that to Happy.

LOL I like that letter. I'll try that.

Amiibo cards are the way to go.
Then you can plot reset the new villager to where you want. ^_^

I'm planning on getting amiibo cards next month.

It gets way too annoying to have to manage who comes and who goes to be honest.

That's true but only when they are in the way. I mean, 8 out of my 10 villagers are in permanent spots.

I'm in the same boat right now. Everyone in my town can leave accept Lolly, Ursala, and Hornsby. However, the villager I want out the MOST is Rizzo. His house is in a horrible spot and he's ugly. I have double Cranky villagers too. Everyone has pinged me except for him. I got tired of waiting on him before letting others move out so I let Mint move when she asked me. I'll kick him out or something.

I have 2 smugs and 3 jocks, it's totally unbalanced. It's always the villagers you want gone that never leave but the villager that need to bounce stay put. It's irritating.

Oh no, that can definitely scare someone away from TT'ing! I think since the update, though, it's become a lot harder to lose any villager unintentionally (they upped the number from, I believe, 4-5 days to a week, which is so much nicer). And if weeds are a concern, you could always consider enacting the Beautiful Town Ordinance.

Though I know some people are opposed to TT'ing just because they want to play the game normally. I can understand this wish as it's something I would like to do on my main town, Honey, when I get all my dream villagers there (eventually).

In any case, whatever you decide, I hope the villager moves out soon!
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

I have the beautiful town ordinance. And I didn't know the update makes it harder to lose villagers unintentionally. Hmm....but yeah, I only TT backwards if I do time travel but that's only when I need to place some paths down when I'm expecting a villager. But no, I made it a goal of mine (on top of not buying anything from people on here) to not time travel.

The common solutions from what I hear is usually either ignore them completely, or try to be as close of friends as possible :0
From what I remember it's hard to use the ignore method unless you've never interacted with them since they've moved in. Otherwise you may need to keep up the bff method or try out what Bosoc suggested!

Amiibo is definitely a good option, but unless the card is a villager you know you wouldn't mind keeping for a long time then I'd pass. There's been a lot of talk about amiibo villagers taking a much longer time than a normal villager to move out. As well as needing a full town to replace someone.

Since you're going to get amiibo cards eventually (I think you said that?) Or maybe it was for Xmas? Anyway since you're going to get them, you should probably just wait until then and not stress yourself over it. I have a handful of cards to...so if you do manage to have him move and need a particular villager, I can help you there.

I got myself angry at this game again

I attempted to build the campsite where I knew it can't be built (even though it's not anywhere near the villager's house but it says it was} now I"m angry at this game again. And in about 5 minutes I'm about to rage restart. I just wish Cranston would just leave. I don't understand why he just won't go already. Oh my gosh. >: (

I'm not going to restart though, I just won't play it. I don't care about Ossipri anymore. I mean, why should I if I can't even build things where I want them?

Last edited:
lol just calm down and play another game or pick another project to do in the mean time. You're going to get amiibo cards soon anyway (next month is only 10 days away or so)

lol just calm down and play another game or pick another project to do in the mean time. You're going to get amiibo cards soon anyway (next month is only 10 days away or so)

I calmed down after I took the game and put it on my dresser. (I was about to chuck it across the room but that's childish) I'm not going back on it for the rest of the day because every time I log on and see Cranston's house it makes me angry. I'm going to play Pokemon Ultra Sun. That game is annoying but not nearly as annoying as Animal Crossings is right now. Yeah, if I continue playing Animal Crossings right now with the mood I'm in, SOMETHING, is going to get broken and/or thrown.

Last edited:
In the words of Resetti himself,

'Don't ya think that just maybe it'd be more rewardin' to roll with them punches you're takin'? That's definitely how I'd most likely recommend ya play the game.'

Those are some wise words Resetti...almost makes me not want to reset my game right now. The key word is almost. Got to keep you on your toes.

Also don't throw your system or game. Those are way too expensive. You'll regret it when the heat of the moment wears off.

I'm not going to throw anything, don't worry, I always step away from the game before it even gets close to that point.

But I did make a decision. I'm just not going to build a camp site. I technically don't need one. Just like I decided I'm not going to have a theme for Ossipri because I'll get frustrated waiting for PwP for a specific theme, I'm getting frustrated here waiting for a villager to move so I can build something. So I'm just going to let him stay there, whatever because he's not going to move, because this game knows I want him gone so it's going out of it's way to make sure he DOESN'T go. It's not worth my frustration anymore.

But I do want to point out that this game is ANYTHING but relaxing. Just saying. I don't know who's fresh idea over at Nintendo came up with the idea that this was supposed to be be a calm, soothing game. If you are the kind of person who has UNLIMITED patience and tolerance and like to wait months for something to happen, then yes, it's soothing and relaxing. I"m not a patient and tolerant person as you can see.

Last edited:
i'm sorry you feel like this. did you try the villager moving guides? they have them on tumblr and stuff, and say they can help move out any unwanted villager.

did you also try being very friendly to the villager you want gone, and have them ping to go that way?

if neither work, you can use an amiibo card and plot reset the new villager.

sorry if those were already suggested. i see how frustrated you are about this, and i'm glad i don't have to deal with it anymore.

That's sad. :(

I hope they move so you can do what you want to. :(

Last edited:
Looking at your situation... If you want the truth, there is no wrong or right way to play this game. If you have the curse of the unmovable villager - and it is making you incredibly miserable and not letting you enjoy the game - you really should take desperate action. Use the villager move-out cheat as a temporary fix, and then go back to playing normally.

Now, I don't normally suggest nor do things like this, as I, like you, play the game in a traditional manner. Yet I managed to be incredibly lucky with move-outs later in the game. Your villager you want to move out has stayed in town for over 3 1/2 months - and even I would go absolutely crazy if that happened!

I have waited just under 2 1/2 months for my first desired villager to move, early in my town. Since, then every other villager I wished to move out took under 1 month each to do so. Your villager has to be a fringe case here, and there must be something screwy with the RNG here.

Sometimes you must learn when something is turning into abuse upon you, and to take action against it. If I had a villager I wished to move out stuck for well over 3 months, I'd definitely use the guides to stop this madness.

Boone just pinged me to me, even though I made sure to go to Cranston first to see if he pinged me and he didn't but Boone did. I've had ENOUGH! I just want Cranston OUT!!!

Yes, it's this ONE villager that making me not want to play this game anymore. It's getting ridiculous now. It really is.

I'm about to rage restart.....I'm at the point where I just don't care about this town anymore.
I read that guide and it's too confusing.

Last edited:
Hey Happy!! I just wanna let you know that I feel bad that Cranston is giving you such a hard time. As of now I don't have my second copy of ACNL anymore (I don't have enough space on my SD card for everything), but once I get it back I would be willing to cycle a villager of your choice for you. I don't have every villager of course, but I have many of them. I'm going to make it a priority to get a new SD card, but let me know if this is something you wanna do. I feel awful you're having such a hard time right now! And I know you've been playing a long time and also been a member here for awhile, so I'd like to help if I can.

Boone just pinged me to me, even though I made sure to go to Cranston first to see if he pinged me and he didn't but Boone did. I've had ENOUGH! I just want Cranston OUT!!!

Yes, it's this ONE villager that making me not want to play this game anymore. It's getting ridiculous now. It really is.

I'm about to rage restart.....I'm at the point where I just don't care about this town anymore.
I read that guide and it's too confusing.

Just talk the everyone, tt 5 days, talk to everyone, someone will ping or tell you someone's thinking about moving, if it's somone you want to keep, you tell them no, if not, you ignore them until they are gone.
Talking to everyone is imperative, so you don't miss a ping or move out rumor.
You might want to even save and tt a few hours to make sure you contacted everyone.
Good luck

I honestly think my game is glitched because this doesn't seem normal. 4 months and not ONE ping to move. It seems like something is wrong. All the other starters in my town (excluding Whitney who I won't let move) has moved, except Cranston. And I'm Best Friends with him, I got his picture not too long ago. So something isn't right. I don't know. I'm still holding off on restarting though.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just talk the everyone, tt 5 days, talk to everyone, someone will ping or tell you someone's thinking about moving, if it's somone you want to keep, you tell them no, if not, you ignore them until they are gone.
Talking to everyone is imperative, so you don't miss a ping or move out rumor.
You might want to even save and tt a few hours to make sure you contacted everyone.
Good luck

Oh okay, I'll try that. Thanks.:)

Oh, and if you don't hear anything, just tt 1 day instead of 5, to make sure you don't lose anyone you want to keep.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Let me know if you have any questions, I use this method a lot.

Back