• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I'm so frustrated right now with this game

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Every villager, and I mean EVERY VILLAGER in my town, even the ones who just moved in, have pinged me at least TWICE to move, EXCEPT the ONE villager that needs to move. And he's been in my town since I started it! He's in the way of where I want to build something and I'm being practically FORCED to keep this villager in my town because he just REFUSES to leave and I'm not mean to any of my villagers and I'm not ignoring them either. I"ve been more than patient enough with this game and there is only so much I can take.

I'm telling you guys, THIS is the reason I end up restarting my game, not map layout, not the native fruit, not because I build a permanent project somewhere, it's because this game forces you to keep villagers you don't need or want then refuses to make them leave unless you have Amiibo cards. I'm tired of this and I'm tired of this game.

I'm not having fun with this game anymore. And yes I made a thread to rant about this. But I don't care anymore, I'm done with Animal Crossings. Super Smash Bros isn't even this annoying and I'm telling you Super Smash Bros is pretty annoying so that's saying a lot.

Edit: I'm not going to restart though but this game just isn't fun. I mean the point of this game is to build the town the way you want, and when the game goes out of it way to make sure you CAN'T do that by placing a villager that never moves in the way then it takes away the fun. I'm not sure if I"m going to restart but maybe I will because the game feels like a chore now. But I am going to take a few days break from the game and decide whether to restart or not.

Last edited:
This is a very unfortunate encounter you have :(. I don't really know what to do since I haven't experienced this problem, taking a break is probably your best option. I hope things run smoothly in the future :) And, I do agree ACNL can get very annoying at times.

After all the work you have done, I would strongly encourage you not to restart. Restarting won’t change anything; there will always be a villager in an unfortunate place and you’ll always have to just wait for that elusive ping if you’re not using amiibo cards. The game is designed so that the player does not have ultimate control over every single circumstance. That’s kind of the point of AC, and it’s fun for some players and stressful for others. It doesn’t sound to me like you actually enjoy Animal Crossing, and I really don’t think that you ever will enjoy it unless you can accept the elements of randomness. If that’s not what you want in a game, that’s fine! Take a break or give up altogether; the world is full of lovely games. I just don’t think that restarting will ever keep you from being frustrated with the game, given your particular feelings.

This is a very unfortunate encounter you have :(. I don't really know what to do since I haven't experienced this problem, taking a break is probably your best option. I hope things run smoothly in the future :) And, I do agree ACNL can get very annoying at times.

Indeed this game is annoying. Yeah, I think a break is needed.

Burn his house down.

I wish lol

After all the work you have done, I would strongly encourage you not to restart. Restarting won’t change anything; there will always be a villager in an unfortunate place and you’ll always have to just wait for that elusive ping if you’re not using amiibo cards. The game is designed so that the player does not have ultimate control over every single circumstance. That’s kind of the point of AC, and it’s fun for some players and stressful for others. It doesn’t sound to me like you actually enjoy Animal Crossing, and I really don’t think that you ever will enjoy it unless you can accept the elements of randomness. If that’s not what you want in a game, that’s fine! Take a break or give up altogether; the world is full of lovely games. I just don’t think that restarting will ever keep you from being frustrated with the game, given your particular feelings.

I'm not going to restart, I did put a lot of work into this town, I'm not going to restart just because I can't build the campsite. I just won't have a campsite. Whatever. Apparently this game doesn't want me to have one, so I just won't have one. I have no problems with this game's randomness but I do have a problem with villager NEVER leaving. and in 4 months, he's never pinged me to move, not ONCE. And there is nothing I can do about him not leaving until I get Amiibo cards next month.

I'm going to stop dwelling on Cranston never leaving. Apparently, Ossipri is too amazing that he just he just doesn't want to go. Whatever, I need to stop focusing on what I can't do and focus on what I can do. I'll just focus on the landscaping for the campsite (like the trees, tiki torch and fire pit, then build the actual campsite when he leaves and believe me he is GOING to leave. I just got pushed over the edge when Chadder, for the 3rd time pinged me to leave, and Cranston never pinged me once. That would push even the most patient and tolerate person over the edge, and I'm neither tolerate nor patient, so it's a miracle I tolerated 4 months of this ridiculousness.

Last edited:
As frustrating as it can get, I personally don't think it's worth starting all over with everything else you've accomplished in the town, especially if you have your favorite villagers already (or most? I'm assuming). That's just me though. Don't force it if it still feels like a chore. This game shouldn't cause this much stress, so if it feels right, do so? But think it through first.

Good luck!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh just saw your above post about not restarting.
Good thinking <3

You could just keep hitting him with a toyhammer and or net. Also scream in his ear with a megaphone. It won't make him move, but it may make you feel better.

As frustrating as it can get, I personally don't think it's worth starting all over with everything else you've accomplished in the town, especially if you have your favorite villagers already (or most? I'm assuming). That's just me though. Don't force it if it still feels like a chore. This game shouldn't cause this much stress, so if it feels right, do so? But think it through first.

Good luck!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh just saw your above post about not restarting.
Good thinking <3

Yeah, it's not worth it since 8 of the 10 villagers in my town are in good spots, it's just Cranston and Julian that need to go and I have Tutu so I'm not restarting. Also, if I restart, it's going to likely be the same thing, villager in the way never moving. So restarting isn't the answer. Also, I have a lot of work to do on Mayor Raven and Swan's houses so the campsite really should be the least of my concerns. At least I can work on their houses without worrying about something and someone in the way. I also need to make some money so i can buy the overpriced Gorgeous series for Raven's house.

See I don't know why I made an angry rant thread about a camp site when there are way too many other things I need to do. -_-

- - - Post Merge - - -

You could just keep hitting him with a toyhammer and or net. Also scream in his ear with a megaphone. It won't make him move, but it may make you feel better.

LOL i might do that, just to take out my frustration.

Have you tried befriending Cranston? Like BFF status? Because the more you do that the more likely he is to leave. As bothersome as that is since you hate him, I've found that to work the best!

Hey, I'm sorry to hear that this has upset you so much!
The only thing I can suggest is referring to the cycling of villagers. I've been cycling for many years now for, not just myself, but for my real-life friends who play ACNL, too. Because of this and wanting to help others get their dream villagers, I decided to open up a cycling thread here on TBT, and I've come to learn a lot about cycling villagers where I would not have been able to before. I would like to share this knowledge with you, in hopes that it will help you with your villager problem.

♥.?:*??*:?.♥.?:*:?.♥.?:*??*:?.♥

If you want to get rid of this villager, here's what I suggest you do:

1) Be patient.
Villagers don't have a rhyme or reason for why they are the next in line to move. I've searched high and low for any code, sequence, pattern, etc. that might tip off when a villager decides to leave, to no avail. Why some choose to go while others stay boggles my mind. There has been some suggestions that the "older" villagers will ping your mayor first, then it will go down the line of oldest residents to most recent move-ins, but I have to say that there's very little evidence to support this claim in my own experiences. So, just accept the fact that it may or may not be random and it may or may not make a particular villager want to move.​

2) Understand the timeframe of cycling.
There are countless, amazing guides out there (and here on TBT) that detail how to successfully cycle villagers. One of the greatest pieces of information you can leverage in your situation is understanding the phases of the average villager moving in and out of your town. For example, when a villager who you don't want to leave pings you, don't get mad, get happy! Why? Because the game is actually trying to check with you about which villagers you want, and which you don't. It understands that you might change your mind about a villager down the road, so, even if you once said you don't want the villager to move, guess what? The game may ask you again the next cycle. It sucks, but think of it as a safeguard instead!

Back to a villager pinging you: if it's a villager you want to keep, tell them not to move, save and quit, and TT a few days forward (something like 2-3, maybe even 4 if you live on the edge). When you load up the game, go to a villager you want to keep and talk their ear off until they tell you one of three things:
1. Someone in town is thinking about moving.
2. They mention something about rumors.
3. They tell you to leave them alone to think about things.​

If number one happens and it's not the villager you want to boot, repeat the above process (telling them not to leave, save and quit, TT, talk to keeper villager).

This is important: because you want to remove a specific villager, tell all villagers who ping you not to move, even if you don't want that villager, either. This will pass the moving code to the next villager in the sequence, hopefully hitting the exact villager you wanted to boot to begin with.

If it's number two or three, save and quit and TT forward one day. Just one. Then repeat the process.

It's a lengthy process, but it might be the only way for you to guarantee moving out this specific villager. I wish there was an easier way outside of the Amiibo cards feature they introduced, but those can be expensive at times, and they're not always guaranteed.​

3) Talk to the villager.
This might not help you now with the current villager you want gone, but it might help with any future move-ins for villagers that you don't want. Talking to them on the day they first move in and then not speaking to them again, for whatever reason, seems to work really well in moving out that particular villager. I'm not even sure where I remember reading this, but I tried it and it works.

Also, make sure that you talk to this villager every once in a while. If they haven't talked to you in months, they won't ping you. They just won't. When you talk to them after so long, they'll mention that they haven't seen/talked to you in x amount of time and will drop the conversation. After that, they will be able to ping you normally when you save and quit and boot up the game again.

If you've done these things already, then you can avoid talking to this villager for the most part. Don't hit them with your net, either, that doesn't work. Just wait for them to ping you or for one of your villagers to mention that the unwanted villager is moving.​

4) Lastly, make sure they leave.
We've all been there: a villager we despise finally announces they're leaving. You either hear it from a villager you've been talking to, or the unwanted villager pings you when you walk by. This is the moment you've been waiting for!... then you talk to them, tell them "See ya!" and they immediately shoot back with some defiant bs about wanting to stay to improve your relationship with them.

What do you do?

Well, I suggest two things:
+ If you hear about it from another villager, take a moment to save the game, then talk to the unwanted villager.
+ If an unwanted villager pings you and starts running towards you, immediately save the game.

With both of these cases, you have protected anything you've done in your town at that point so, when the villager mouths off to you about staying in your precious town, turn off your DS. I know, terrifying, but it's the only way to keep them from residing longer in your town.

The best part of this is that they will also provide you with the date of their move-out when this conversation is happening. Use the date to your advantage and TT to the day after. Poof! They'll be gone. There's no need to worry about it being another villager, because the game has already decided that the next in the sequence is that villager.​

I hope that this will be of some help to you. I know a lot of people decide to restart their towns because of a single, pesky villager, but sometimes there are better ways! After getting my second town, I realized just how much time, energy, and work I had put into this game because I almost couldn't remember how to do anything! I was starting from scratch, even though I had been playing the game for years. For some, they really enjoy it. I know I would personally break my own heart if I restarted my town of Honey.

Here's hoping this pesky villager moves for you!
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

i give you some tips on how i move out villagers~

im a time travler, so if you arnt it may be a bit harder lol

create a new villager,
get their house places and etc, than talk to the villager you want to move with that new player you created, only speak to the villager ONCE, then after a week the villager will talk to you about moving out, though i suggest waiting until the other villagers start talking about how the villager you want to move is thinking about moving, to make sure they arnt just randomly ping you.

i personally find this the fastest, and easiest way, it just takes a little patience lol

Adding on to the roumer way, I'd say if theyre roomered to move then Just ignore them. it makes them move no matter what.

Do not give up, Happy! I felt the same way with Cobb for long months too, he was a starter and would never leave as well... so I sent him 3 letters a day, spoke to him a lot, did every favor he'd ask... and after a while, he decided to move! From the beggining of the town and his move something like 5 months went by.. But he left.
Keep going and eventually I'm sure he'll go away! Sending him hateful vibes from here, lol. >v<

Have you tried befriending Cranston? Like BFF status? Because the more you do that the more likely he is to leave. As bothersome as that is since you hate him, I've found that to work the best!

I'm sure I'm friends with him, I mean he walked into my house uninivited twice while my character was changing. I mean, I read that only villagers with really high friendship walk uninvited into your house.

Hey, I'm sorry to hear that this has upset you so much!
The only thing I can suggest is referring to the cycling of villagers. I've been cycling for many years now for, not just myself, but for my real-life friends who play ACNL, too. Because of this and wanting to help others get their dream villagers, I decided to open up a cycling thread here on TBT, and I've come to learn a lot about cycling villagers where I would not have been able to before. I would like to share this knowledge with you, in hopes that it will help you with your villager problem.

If you want to get rid of this villager, here's what I suggest you do:

1) Be patient.
Villagers don't have a rhyme or reason for why they are the next in line to move. I've searched high and low for any code, sequence, pattern, etc. that might tip off when a villager decides to leave, to no avail. Why some choose to go while others stay boggles my mind. There has been some suggestions that the "older" villagers will ping your mayor first, then it will go down the line of oldest residents to most recent move-ins, but I have to say that there's very little evidence to support this claim in my own experiences. So, just accept the fact that it may or may not be random and it may or may not make a particular villager want to move.​

2) Understand the timeframe of cycling.
There are countless, amazing guides out there (and here on TBT) that detail how to successfully cycle villagers. One of the greatest pieces of information you can leverage in your situation is understanding the phases of the average villager moving in and out of your town. For example, when a villager who you don't want to leave pings you, don't get mad, get happy! Why? Because the game is actually trying to check with you about which villagers you want, and which you don't. It understands that you might change your mind about a villager down the road, so, even if you once said you don't want the villager to move, guess what? The game may ask you again the next cycle. It sucks, but think of it as a safeguard instead!

Back to a villager pinging you: if it's a villager you want to keep, tell them not to move, save and quit, and TT a few days forward (something like 2-3, maybe even 4 if you live on the edge). When you load up the game, go to a villager you want to keep and talk their ear off until they tell you one of three things:
1. Someone in town is thinking about moving.
2. They mention something about rumors.
3. They tell you to leave them alone to think about things.​

If number one happens and it's not the villager you want to boot, repeat the above process (telling them not to leave, save and quit, TT, talk to keeper villager).

This is important: because you want to remove a specific villager, tell all villagers who ping you not to move, even if you don't want that villager, either. This will pass the moving code to the next villager in the sequence, hopefully hitting the exact villager you wanted to boot to begin with.

If it's number two or three, save and quit and TT forward one day. Just one. Then repeat the process.

It's a lengthy process, but it might be the only way for you to guarantee moving out this specific villager. I wish there was an easier way outside of the Amiibo cards feature they introduced, but those can be expensive at times, and they're not always guaranteed.​

3) Talk to the villager.
This might not help you now with the current villager you want gone, but it might help with any future move-ins for villagers that you don't want. Talking to them on the day they first move in and then not speaking to them again, for whatever reason, seems to work really well in moving out that particular villager. I'm not even sure where I remember reading this, but I tried it and it works.

Also, make sure that you talk to this villager every once in a while. If they haven't talked to you in months, they won't ping you. They just won't. When you talk to them after so long, they'll mention that they haven't seen/talked to you in x amount of time and will drop the conversation. After that, they will be able to ping you normally when you save and quit and boot up the game again.

If you've done these things already, then you can avoid talking to this villager for the most part. Don't hit them with your net, either, that doesn't work. Just wait for them to ping you or for one of your villagers to mention that the unwanted villager is moving.​

4) Lastly, make sure they leave.
We've all been there: a villager we despise finally announces they're leaving. You either hear it from a villager you've been talking to, or the unwanted villager pings you when you walk by. This is the moment you've been waiting for!... then you talk to them, tell them "See ya!" and they immediately shoot back with some defiant bs about wanting to stay to improve your relationship with them.

What do you do?

Well, I suggest two things:
+ If you hear about it from another villager, take a moment to save the game, then talk to the unwanted villager.
+ If an unwanted villager pings you and starts running towards you, immediately save the game.

With both of these cases, you have protected anything you've done in your town at that point so, when the villager mouths off to you about staying in your precious town, turn off your DS. I know, terrifying, but it's the only way to keep them from residing longer in your town.

The best part of this is that they will also provide you with the date of their move-out when this conversation is happening. Use the date to your advantage and TT to the day after. Poof! They'll be gone. There's no need to worry about it being another villager, because the game has already decided that the next in the sequence is that villager.​

I hope that this will be of some help to you. I know a lot of people decide to restart their towns because of a single, pesky villager, but sometimes there are better ways! After getting my second town, I realized just how much time, energy, and work I had put into this game because I almost couldn't remember how to do anything! I was starting from scratch, even though I had been playing the game for years. For some, they really enjoy it. I know I would personally break my own heart if I restarted my town of Honey.

Here's hoping this pesky villager moves for you!

Wow, that's a lot of reading. LOL um, problem is, I don't time travel. The one time I time traveled forward, my town got ruined. Now I'm scared to do it :(

i give you some tips on how i move out villagers~

im a time travler, so if you arnt it may be a bit harder lol

create a new villager,
get their house places and etc, than talk to the villager you want to move with that new player you created, only speak to the villager ONCE, then after a week the villager will talk to you about moving out, though i suggest waiting until the other villagers start talking about how the villager you want to move is thinking about moving, to make sure they arnt just randomly ping you.

i personally find this the fastest, and easiest way, it just takes a little patience lol

Well, I don't time travel but will this still work? I mean, I don't understand how this will work. Will Cranston talk to Raven about moving, or talk to the new character about moving?

Adding on to the roumer way, I'd say if theyre roomered to move then Just ignore them. it makes them move no matter what.

Ignoring them never worked for me. I tried that at the beginning and it just made them stay longer.

Do not give up, Happy! I felt the same way with Cobb for long months too, he was a starter and would never leave as well... so I sent him 3 letters a day, spoke to him a lot, did every favor he'd ask... and after a while, he decided to move! From the beggining of the town and his move something like 5 months went by.. But he left.
Keep going and eventually I'm sure he'll go away! Sending him hateful vibes from here, lol. >v<

I'll try that with Cranston. I'll send him letter and keep talking to him. Hopefully he'll decide to move by the beginning of the year. LOL hateful vibes. Should I send him nasty letters? I'll also send him a shirt because I'm tired of looking at this ugly shirt he's wearing. It's not enough that he doesn't move, but he insists on wearing this goshful blue shirt that doesn't look good on him at all.

Also, I want to thank you all for responding with suggestions and words of encouragement. I know this was is probably a childish and not needed thread but I appreciate you guys not pointing that fact out. I'm going to focus on just continuing to build my friendship with him, and put most of my focus on decorating Swan's and Raven's houses.

Last edited:
Wow, that's a lot of reading. LOL um, problem is, I don't time travel. The one time I time traveled forward, my town got ruined. Now I'm scared to do it :(

Oh no, that can definitely scare someone away from TT'ing! I think since the update, though, it's become a lot harder to lose any villager unintentionally (they upped the number from, I believe, 4-5 days to a week, which is so much nicer). And if weeds are a concern, you could always consider enacting the Beautiful Town Ordinance.

Though I know some people are opposed to TT'ing just because they want to play the game normally. I can understand this wish as it's something I would like to do on my main town, Honey, when I get all my dream villagers there (eventually).

In any case, whatever you decide, I hope the villager moves out soon!

I'm in the same boat right now. Everyone in my town can leave accept Lolly, Ursala, and Hornsby. However, the villager I want out the MOST is Rizzo. His house is in a horrible spot and he's ugly. I have double Cranky villagers too. Everyone has pinged me except for him. I got tired of waiting on him before letting others move out so I let Mint move when she asked me. I'll kick him out or something.

I'll try that with Cranston. I'll send him letter and keep talking to him. Hopefully he'll decide to move by the beginning of the year. LOL hateful vibes. Should I send him nasty letters? I'll also send him a shirt because I'm tired of looking at this ugly shirt he's wearing. It's not enough that he doesn't move, but he insists on wearing this goshful blue shirt that doesn't look good on him at all.

I think the content of the letters doesn't matter, they can't read lol >v< ♫
Sending presents does up friendship, though! So it's better to attach anything to each of them (it can be flowers or whatever). If your level with him is already high, it's a matter of time! Just keep it high and sooner or later he'll go! ^v^

Amiibo cards are the way to go.
Then you can plot reset the new villager to where you want. ^_^

Last edited:
Back