• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Gyroids: charming or just annoying?

What do you think about gyroids?

• Charming

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Annoying

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Charmingly annoying

Votes: 24 49.0%

• Total voters

Rose

give the goblin some gold
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Coco
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Ruby
Poptart Easter Egg
Pikachu Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
Pokéball
What are your thoughts on gyroids, primarily the kind you dig up from the ground? Do you ever use them as furniture or do you immediately sell them to get them out of the way?

I usually don't mind them but sometimes it seems like it's just an extra chore. Don't need them farting and oinking it up in my house. To Re-Tail they go.

All my houses use feng shui (not sure it makes that much difference tho) - and I like to use different items to at least try & make the houses look different - some gyroids are x2 of the feng shui colours - so I collect those sets & will place them in a room.
I got the info on which gyroids have the right colours from Liquefy's item list on gamefaqs.

I like the Brewster set, funny & cute, so use those, albeit not part of this survey.
If I haven't got room for Brewsters set in a feng shui town, then one set be displayed in club LOL.
I have one museum room full (with dig site wall & floor, as sort of appropriate).
Some of the sets are more charming than others. There's a few I would never use! (howloid might be one of those).

Never sold any, after the Museum room is full (I want the other rooms for event furniture), they get stored with an alt.

I want to see if they react with the music played in a room - I think they do, but yet to try it out.

I kind of sold all of mine, but that was before the WA update where you get additional storage. So now I keep all mine, so that I can have the whole collection. I have a ways to go. I actually like them. Some of the sounds go well with certain music or themes. If you throw too much in one room, yeah it's going to be hectic and annoying. But that goes for any sound or music.

If you play several YouTube clips at once, it's not going to sound all that great.

I collect them and I use them but I find them terrifying for some reason

nah i don't really like them. rather just sell if they somehow pop up in my town

but this reminds me of somewhere (maybe this forum or another forum? idk it was a forum and had something to do with animal crossing) that the people said "let's just substitute gyroid names for swear words" so they were all like "what the timpanoid"

i normally sell all of mine, but there are two or three that i think are really cute and i use them when i need a mannequin but i've already used all four- for example, one of them mans a cash register which is really cute to see

overall, even though you do have to dig them up, i like looking at them and choosing my favorites :')

I really dislike Gyroids lol, theyre also quite...phallic looking lol.
I just don't understand their purpose in the game? They annoyingly fill my town after snow/rain and I just dislike em! I dunno. Just my thought :p

(Accidentally voted charming)

(Accidentally voted charming)
Accidentally? More like subconsciously!

Also, they're clay figures that were molded with the ash of deceased. At least based off of what the source is.

i normally sell all of mine, but there are two or three that i think are really cute and i use them when i need a mannequin but i've already used all four- for example, one of them mans a cash register which is really cute to see

overall, even though you do have to dig them up, i like looking at them and choosing my favorites :')

That's a really cute idea! >v< ♫

Oh nice, I didn't think of using them for prop/mannequins. Actually I'm making a theater themed room...so having them as a noisy peanut gallery would really work well!

Don't need them farting and oinking it up in my house. To Re-Tail they go.

THIS MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD LMAOOOOO

but yeah I voted charmingly annoying. I have a museum exhibit dedicated to the gyroids I found, and I organized them based on size :) I would never keep them in my house, the only ones I would keep is the mini dinkoid (robot looking one) and the mini poltergoid (zombie looking one). I have both of them in my museum, too.

i sell them. there are a few i like but i never check to look, i just automatically sell them all.

I sell them in re-tail for 3300 and my villagers buy them up like hotcakes.

I think they're a bit of both, it depends. Sometimes they can be charming when I actually have a use for them/want to use them in an exhibit, but if I don't they can be annoying when i'm looking for fossils, and all i'm finding is gyroids. I think they should've just made a new section in the museum where you could donate gyroids and they'd display them. I think that's a missed opportunity tbh.

charmingly annoying! some of them are pretty weird but sometimes the sounds they make can really add to the ambiance of the room

I like the Brewster set, funny & cute, so use those, albeit not part of this survey.
If I haven't got room for Brewsters set in a feng shui town, then one set be displayed in club LOL..

I love the Brewster set!
I have them on stage at Club LOL.

It's a bit of a chore digging them up, especially during winter, as it's almost every day, but on the bright side, it fills the gyroid part of the catalogue pretty quickly. ^_^

Last edited:
Some gyroids are cool. Such as the ones at Ruby's House. And then there's this yellow gyroid Punchy has which goes with K.K. Love Song amazingly well.

I make sure to dig them up after a rainy or snowy day and check them off on ACNL Guide, but afterwards I just sell them. I never found a use for them. I wish there was a museum section for the gyroids. That would be nice. Either that or we had Brewster store them again.

I'm fond of the gyroids since they were more prominent in the GameCube game, which I have good memories of. I didn't really pay attention to them in New Leaf at first other than the Brewster gyroids, but since the Welcome Amiibo update added more storage space, I've been collecting them. I'll display some in my house or put them up on the flea market in Re-Tail if I think a certain a gyroid will look good in a villager's house, but some I just sell because I don't like their appearances.

I had no idea that you could display gyroids in Club LOL until reading this thread, and I've been playing New Leaf since it was released here. I'm going to have to try that sometime, even though I've never really cared about the DJ K.K. feature on weeknights.

As far as the poll goes, I went for Charming. I don't really find them to be all that annoying. I kinda wish they were just a little bit more common than just appearing after rain or snow.

Back