• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favorite cat?

Cats!

• Total voters
tabby! I have an orange tabby cat named Harry, I got him in June and he's the cutest. I have a few scratches thanks to him but he's really playful lol

I love both tortoiseshells and calicos, I have 1 of each named Mimi (the calico), and Mocha (the tortoiseshell). Wanted to pick both :p

Calico! I have one myself. Her name is Amelia Pond (yes named after Doctor Who because I'm a dork), Amy for short. She's absolutely gorgeous, the vet was enthralled with her when I took her in, I think he wanted to take her home with him lmao

technically i like fluffy cats best, but I can;t not vote for tortoiseshell since my Sassy girl is a wonderful tortie

Calico! I have one myself. Her name is Amelia Pond (yes named after Doctor Who because I'm a dork), Amy for short. She's absolutely gorgeous, the vet was enthralled with her when I took her in, I think he wanted to take her home with him lmao

aww! my parents love doctor who

I really like Norwegian Forest Cats and Maine Coons. I just have a thing for cats that are really big and really floofy :blush:

I'm hoping someday I'll get a Maine Coon but it'll prob be a while since I already have 2 fuzzy children :,)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Fun fact, tabby is actually not a breed of cat but rather a fur pattern. There are many breeds of cat that have the tabby pattern, but what you're likely thinking of is an American shorthair.

Don't judge I'm a cat fanatic xDD

i don't know anything about cats irl, but since lolly is an american shorthair i'll have to like them the best.

Excuse me? Why didn’t anybody invite me to this thread? I BELONG here.
I love Bengals so much. The Manx is adorable. Ragdolls and long hairs are so cute, I once owned one myself, but sometimes they shed too much. But overall, I’m in love with the Russian Blue. It’s my favourite of all time. I guess I’m voting ‘other’.

I like Munchkin cats a ton. :p
Probably gonna get one of them someday.

I love cats (although there are some breeds I do not like. Guess that comes from working at a vet)
I have 2 cats now, both american longhair. One has tabby markings with white paws (I am rather fond of cats with the tabby markings) and my other has pointed markings.

If I had to choose specific breeds, I would say American short hair/longhair, British short hair, Scottish Fold, Norwegian Forest cat (I saw one for the first time the other day and he was beautiful), Maine Coon, Oriental Shorthair.

Calico and tortoiseshell cats are cute but they are not a breed, just a fur marking. A number of breeds can be calico or tortoiseshell.
Fun fact, almost all calico and tortoiseshell are female.

I love cats (although there are some breeds I do not like. Guess that comes from working at a vet)
I have 2 cats now, both american longhair. One has tabby markings with white paws (I am rather fond of cats with the tabby markings) and my other has pointed markings.

If I had to choose specific breeds, I would say American short hair/longhair, British short hair, Scottish Fold, Norwegian Forest cat (I saw one for the first time the other day and he was beautiful), Maine Coon, Oriental Shorthair.

Calico and tortoiseshell cats are cute but they are not a breed, just a fur marking. A number of breeds can be calico or tortoiseshell.
Fun fact, almost all calico and tortoiseshell are female.

lol ik but i put it there anyway

was gonna say black cats (shorthair i guess) but i saw maine coon on there and had to pick it cuz one of the cats i grew up with was a maine coon and i loved him and theyre so big and beautiful

Probably Maine coons, but it's tough to chose because most cats are great

I really like Norwegian Forest Cats and Maine Coons. I just have a thing for cats that are really big and really floofy :blush:

I'm hoping someday I'll get a Maine Coon but it'll prob be a while since I already have 2 fuzzy children :,)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Fun fact, tabby is actually not a breed of cat but rather a fur pattern. There are many breeds of cat that have the tabby pattern, but what you're likely thinking of is an American shorthair.

Don't judge I'm a cat fanatic xDD

I'm not judging lol I knew that wasn't the breed so I looked it up and couldn't find the name but thank you for telling me! now I know :D

Back