Did you choose to build a police station?

I don't think I'm going to build it in my new town. Aside from the cafe, I really don't like the idea anymore of having permanent pwps :/ It sucks they can't be torn down or at least I wish we could change locations if they have to be permanent.

Built it in my first town (clueless, just thought you had to have it and the cafe and the reset center). No p station in my second town and don't miss it one bit! Probably will never have it in another town. I agree with Jon...useless. :lemon:

I haven't decided if I want it in my new town or not. I'm debating not having it but I do like going there from time to time to see what furniture is there. Plus it helps a lot if I forget to pick up items from the plaza before a tent is set up, I've gotten quite a few lost items back because of the police center! Idk though. The fact that it's location is permanent does bother me because I like to change stuff around a lot.

I built it and instantly regretted it... thankfully it's off the beaten path

in my current town, for some reason nobody would request the project! so instead i just hacked the police stations in :mad:

in my current town, for some reason nobody would request the project! so instead i just hacked the police stations in :mad:

That's because they're all criminals.
Redd, Nook.
The lot of them.

Wolfgang sold me a forgery. :-/

I like having the Police station in my towns, but not all towns have had it offered.
I thought you had to have it to get the other police dog to appear in the campsite RV.
Never regretted building it, but in one town I had total brain freeze & put in the modern into a woody zen town - hopeless. I tried to hide it with bamboo, flowers, didn't work, but the town is good in other ways so won't reset. Its an annoyance tho.
I've always managed to get a location I'm OK/pleased with. I like it being next to Town Hall if it looks OK/room for it.

Once in I find it useful as the Police dog does tell you if there is an NPC visitor in town. (Incl Gulliver) He sometimes mentions Phineas.
I get the occasional lost item - the Police Station is the only place I've found tricky pitfalls. (& not many of them).

Both dogs are a real hoot if they appear in the campsite, my favourite is Booker, his dialog makes me smile everytime.

Last edited:
I built the classic one. I sell any items that show up in there, because I am kind of an "every bell helps" kind of person.

i built the classic one to match my natural-ish town. i think it's cute. i feel like a cluttered town is more cozy than a bare town with a lot of paths.

I don't have it in town right now, but I do have it as a suggestion. However, I will be choosing to build it in this town. So far i've built it in every town i've had it available in, since I feel like it's part of the game and not just a cosmetic item. Without it, you're basically missing out on a special character depending on which one you choose, and i'd feel like my game isn't complete if I didn't build it. I don't think it should be a permanent PWP as well as the cafe, and it'd be nice if you could move it tbh. Buuut, that's probably why i'm choosing to build the cafe and the police station last, so then I don't do a placement that I regret.

Buuut, that's probably why i'm choosing to build the cafe and the police station last, so then I don't do a placement that I regret.

very wise, wish I had done this in my earlier towns. Now I too wait until I'm more certain of how I want the town to look.

Yes. I built the modern one because I wanted Copper and I knew exactly where I wanted it, just at the other side of the path to town, opposite the train station.

I did build one. I can understand people not wanted to waste any of their land for a police station. Its why mine is really close to the train station so its away from any usable land I will use in the future. I chose to get one because I'll be able to see if Gulliver or anyone else is in town without going down to the beach to search for him. You can also find items there and sell them if you don't need them.

I built it in one of my towns purely because I love Booker. But in another town, it didn't fit the aesthetic I was going for, so I don't have it.

I have not built mine, but will definitely be building it!
I love getting back my lost items! Also I feel like the town is not really complete without police and cafe.

yep, idk why, I used it like 2 times to ask Booker who was in town or whatever, and it's actually pretty annoying when they pick up my mushrooms and other decoration items I have around and put them in the lost & found! The building itself looks all right where it is though so I guess I don't really regret it even though it's pointless.

Yeah i built the wooden box, like the theme to it better and the dog is cuter :p But yeah I like it for the random junk you can get, man.

c: I like having them in my towns. So when Twilight gets the choice to have a police station I’m not sure which one to choose ;~; since my husband has the Modern police station while I have the other, and Twilight is basically a “in-between” town in a way.. so I’m torn on who to choose. Maybe the wooden one.

Yes I have the classic police station. It fits into my town nicely and I like having it even though it isn't that functional.

Back