flashing green dot of doom...

Lissly

ACNH: Ashe from Laceport
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Pear (Fruit)
Okay I have two characters and have done this on both.

I went to the HHA showcase, didn't go away.
Talked to the chick in the post office, she has nothing.
Pete isn't bugging me.
Also did the dream check as well

What am I missing? And why won't it go away? So confused

Last edited:
What green light?
None of those things have ever worked for me.

No DLC, and I don't go out to streetpass.

On your main screen. The acnl icon, on the bottom right is a flashing green dot. I've done everything I can think of to make it go away. But it wont...

I loaded my game and I can't see any dots.
Is it internet or something?

On your main screen. The acnl icon, on the bottom right is a flashing green dot. I've done everything I can think of to make it go away. But it wont...

No no, on the main home screen of your 3DS. My acnl icon that I click to open the game, has a green flashing dot in the right corner of the icon.

Have you tried disabling and reactiving Streetpass for Acnl? I had this happen once on Pokemon Omega Ruby and that fixed the issue. :eek:

Oh!
No idea, sorry. Maybe it's a spotpass thing?
I've never had anything to do with any of that crap.
Nothing works here in Aussie. :(

No no, on the main home screen of your 3DS. My acnl icon that I click to open the game, has a green flashing dot in the right corner of the icon.

I have had it too lately. I have checked StreetPass Plaza and talked to Digby inside ACNL.

It hasn?t gone away for me either. I have no explanation, just empathy that I wish it were resolved!

Huh, that's weird. Usually mine goes away after a day or two. How long has yours been like that?

I had it too for a while, it just went away by itself. I dunno how to fix this, sorry....maybe just wait?

I have seen this question many times before this, and I have googled it more than once to try to find the answer. No one seems to have a definite answer, even dating back to the beginning of the game. So now I just ignore it and it goes away eventually...:confused:

Still...inquiring minds want to know...mine included!

Last edited:
Oh!
No idea, sorry. Maybe it's a spotpass thing?
I've never had anything to do with any of that crap.
Nothing works here in Aussie. :(

Green is Streetpass...
Anyway, I've had this happen with games before. Such as Mario Tennis Open telling me I found a new Ring Tennis opponent to play with but there was nobody who showed up in-game. Normally it would also give you a notification on the Home Menu I think, did you try checking those messages to see what it could be?

Otherwise I have no clue!

Concur with lars708 - green dot is streetpass, anything from Nintendo is spotpass and is a blue light. So if the green light is connected to acnl then its HHA plaza. Can't think of anything else that would give a green light ingame.

As lars708 says, I'd check notifications on the home menu, reading them (well clicking on the unread ones) should remove the dot.

The only other thing I can think of is, if its streetpass then go to HHA plaza with all characters, as far as I've observed the green dot goes with the first look at HHA plaza, but well its the only xtra thing I can think of to try.

Back