• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do Amiibo villagers take up the plot of the villager they're replacing?

they take a 3x3 grid where they can put a house at random.

if you want them to be in a specific place just make sure there is no 3x3 grid ( except for the place you want them to go )
with paths

in my experience, they tend to like plotting where the old villager was, but as long as there's another valid 3x3 spot, eventually they will move there. you're not stuck forever with the same placement :)

Just plot reset.
They like to move in front of you, and also like taking out parts of your town. :D

Their houses are that small, thought it was 4x4 oh well, TIL. ty.

But yeah if you are booting people with cards or amiibos, you can always plot around the houses and they shouldn't take that place again. Worked when I did it, but yeah always make sure to path your town or just plot reset.

I've noticed them plotting in a similar spot, but not exactly. It's usually been one square across.

I've can see when it happens because I always give my animals a little garden and the new plot will destroy half the flowers from the previous animal.

Back