When was the last time you restarted your town?

thisistian

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pear (Fruit)
White Rose
If you remember.

For me, a couple of hours ago, after I messed up the location of an amiibo villager, who won't be moving out. I'm so happy with the river layout and location of all the buildings of my new town that I think it's worth it.

I've never restarted an ACNL town. Though I have restarted my Wild World town once now. The second time I didn't get a much better layout, but Purrl stayed and I called it fate.

I restarted one a couple of weeks ago, mind you I have multiple towns, so there's usually some kind of do-over happening every so often. My longest-running town at this point is one I started on 30 August, 2017. Prior to that I'd had one town and no restarts from 9 June, 2013 until October 2017. I usually reset because I am chronically bad at placing permanent pwps...

oh god, i used to restart a lot, especially after i resetted my first town, but i think i haven't reset since a year and a half ago. given, i keep taking massive breaks from the game, but i don't see myself resetting either of my towns anytime soon

i still have my first-ever town (wouldn't dream of resetting it tbh), and i reset my cycling town on november 27th to make it into a real town, which i'm currently working on rn :)

I lost motivation in my first town last year, didn't touch the town for over 8 months. Decided to do a soft reset to a new town but with my flowers and bells and such in August this year. It felt like cutting off dead weight and I'm so happy with the blank canvas I have now.

When I first started playing, I didn't know the importance of the town layout, but I found myself getting annoyed with how it was as time went on. I'm much happier with what I have now.

Never.
I would be nuts to go through all that again.

Just getting 100 visits to your town to get the station upgrade again, gives me the horrors! O_O

Not to mention medals, badges, filling my encyclopedia and museum, and everything else I put into the year of playing.

Last edited:
I've only restarted an Animal Crossing New Leaf town on one occasion, and it was like a year or so after the release of the game. At the time, I was overwhelmed because a majority of my villagers were ones I didn't like the designs of very much. This was before I joined the forums and learned that you could adopt villagers from other people on the site. While some of my towns have little quirks that bother me in the back of my mind sometimes, I don't ever feel the drive to restart my towns. I've put too much time and effort into the towns I have, have way too many things catalogued, don't have the space to store all of the things I'd want to keep, and don't want to go through all of the hassle of reacquiring dream villagers.

Am I the only one who literally resets like every month?
Everyone is so happy with their town, congrats to all of you 'cause I wouldn't be able to keep my town for a year! ^^
(Anyway, to answer our question, last time was last week :) )

I’ve only reset my town once, and that was because my town was basically complete so I got bored of game, and that was about 2 months ago I think

Last edited:
I've never reset. I even still have the same GameCube, DS and Wii towns.

Don't know why. I think I just like the idea of my towns being permanent and carrying on with or without me.

almost 3 years ago.

the only reason i resetted my towns on my main cartridge is because of sister drama.

i'm not like you guys to reset because the town is ugly or i have bad villagers, even if i wasn't able to hack! (which i couldn't then and didn't want to reset, my town was very ugly and had bad villagers, but i said reason why sooooo...)

i believe july 2016? ive kept that town since

I restarted my town last sometime in June 2016. I had a town called Woodhill that I was doing pretty well in. I had a nice house and pretty cool villagers but I probably was absent for a while. I restarted my town and named it Fernhill and I've had it ever since! I just broke an 8 month long absence and I've been really trying to make it look nice with some landscaping. I have one big empty space in my town that I don't know what to do with yet.

I have never reset, however, I just did a fresh start on my first town and I love it! I toyed with resetting for months, but now I'm glad I didn't. I'm about to buy a new cartridge (slippery slope, hoodathotit) tonight! My third town...have no idea what I will do with it yet, except get a diagonal waterfall and put my house right near it, and it has to have oranges for town fruit. Yup! I don't care how many times I have to map reset, thankfully!

Last night. :p

If you aren't attached to it, it can be a great way to get yourself back into the game. I wouldn't personally recommend deleting a town you've played regularly for at least six months, however, simply because it's not worth deleting all that for what is probably no big deal (ugly fruit, bad PWP placement, weird map, etc.) Too easy to get sucked into the loop of resetting that way, because nothing will ever be perfect.

If you save up a few dollars a day you can simply treat yourself to another copy.

July 30th 2017!! best decision i've made in this game tbh
my old town was really cluttered with a random theme because i didn't really plan it. restarting gave me the chance to think about my theme, villagers and where PWPs were gonna go.

i used to reset all the time. i think it had to do with my ocd, but yeah i easily reset over 300 times since 2013. i haven't played in a while though, but i think the last reset i did was about 8 months ago? so i'm doing better haha. i think it might be the oldest town i've ever had.

Back