• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Disney have bought DreamWorks... :(

MarineSong2001

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Mailbox
Edit:DON'T PANIC, DISNEY HAVE BOUGHT TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX, NOT DREAMWORKS.

Last edited:
I'm sad about them taking DreamWorks, for sure. DreamWorks was special, and I can't see it being the same again.

What? Disney bought 21st century fox. Not dreamworks

W-wait wut?
If they really did buy DreamWorks I'll be so sad
EDIT: It was 21st century fox

Last edited:
Oh yes, I probably got confused. :) (At least, I'm really really hoping so...) My dad told me it, so he most likely got confused as well. Sorry!

Last edited:
huh. thought the ceo of illumination entertainment (creators of hellspawns such as sing and minions, other forgettable awful animated movies too) had taken over dreamworks. i guess to me it's a tiny bit of a relief.
i like dreamworks, but i don't at the same time. they have made great movies but really awful ones too COUGH SHARK TALE BEE MOVIE HOME TURBO
well disney have created a bunch of crap too, not really sure how to feel. i'm pretty worried since disney never ever do traditional animation anymore or animation at all really, so that's my take on it

- - - Post Merge - - -

whoopsie looks like they bought fox instead! should've read the replies first. looks like illumination is still doing what i said ha HA HAAA

i like dreamworks, but i don't at the same time. they have made great movies but really awful ones too COUGH BEE MOVIE

But Bee movie is legitimatly good.

Personally I don't care if Disney Did buy Dw because I don't really care for them or their movies...

Now if something happened that could ruin Pixar....

Now that you know it's Fox, and not Dreamworks, you should probably edit your original post so as not to cause any more confusion.

I don't think Disney buying Dreamworks would have been necessarily a bad thing anyway.

There's a small handful of their movies I really like, they can put out some decent movies at times...But they do seem to just throw crap at the walls and see what sticks rather than putting out consistently good movies. I do get the feeling that even with the movies I like, they just got lucky more than anything. Perhaps if Disney owned them, they might at least curate it a bit, maybe stop things like the Boss Baby from happening.

At any rate, it would have been better than Dreamworks being in control by the same people as Illumination, which is the actual reality here.

20th Century Fox. I hope they create a sequel to Chronicle set in another universe about other kids and a different power (they used telekinesis in Chronicle). It'd be cool to see them use pyrokinesis or another psychic power.
But I'm not too fussed, honestly.

Back