• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Phobias- please say I'm not the only one

Mayordaisy

hiatus
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
Christmas Candy
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
Silver Mailbox
Mailbox
Blue Candy
Hallo
So, does anyone have any weird phobias or stories about them? I can't be the only one with this problem.

Last year, me and my friends went shopping for Christmas presents for each other. When we were done, we went to Starbucks to get hot chocolate to warm us up. One of my friends, Selena , made me laugh so much, I almost spat out the hot chocolate so I ran to the bathroom. I locked myself in a cubicle and laughed. Then I randomly heard a MAN IN THE GIRL BATHROOM vomiting. I an emithaphobic. I freaked out, started getting really warm and dizzy. I was afraid if I went our I would see him. I heard someone walk away but I couldn't smell vomit, weird. The girl gave me a drink of water and rang my mom to collect us.

My mom had a baby earlier this year. She was born on a Monday so we visited her after school each day. On tues

- - - Post Merge - - -

day, the girl in the ward with her was ready to go down to have a baby. They gave her an injection or something and she got sick everywhere. The same thing happened. I got really hot and felt dizzy but this time I did pass out.

Please say I'm not the only one?

A lot of people have that phobia. Seeing or hearing it doesn't really bother me, but if I smell vomit I might vomit, for me it's just smell and it's a pretty fast reaction. My best friend's little sister was sleeping with us in a bed at her grandma's house after we had all gone out to Red Lobster. She was closest in on the wall, then my friend, then me, and she went to crawl over my friend and I to get out of the bed to go to the bathroom and puked all over me and my friend... I still remember my PJ pants covered in half digested noodles, I hopped out of bed and as soon as the smell hit me I puked all over the floor... funny enough all the "adults" in the house were drunk and my friend's adult sister was in the bathtub...puking all over herself. It was just a puke fest.

i have a phobia of most sports balls. volleyballs, soccer balls, basketballs, etc.

i am waaaay to chicken around them, and i always feel like i'm going to get hit when i'm the least bit near one flying in the air. now, i just can't handle it and i try to hide in a corner during those kinds of sports in gym class. i might even run out of the gym because i'm too scared

i have a phobia of most sports balls. volleyballs, soccer balls, basketballs, etc.

i am waaaay to chicken around them, and i always feel like i'm going to get hit when i'm the least bit near one flying in the air. now, i just can't handle it and i try to hide in a corner during those kinds of sports in gym class. i might even run out of the gym because i'm too scared

Oh no! As someone who has been hit a million times, and once gotten a bloody nose from a ball to the face, I really don't trust being around balls, but I never developed a phobia. That must make gym class really hard for you. =[

Oh no! As someone who has been hit a million times, and once gotten a bloody nose from a ball to the face, I really don't trust being around balls, but I never developed a phobia. That must make gym class really hard for you. =[

i just fail it.

the teacher has no care about my situation at all.

most useless subject ever, honestly.

This may seem odd, but I think I have a people phobia.

It's probably mostly because I have crippling social anxiety, but whenever I'm about to pass someone in the hallway or on the sidewalk I get really scared. I get even more nervous when I have to ride an elevator with someone, because I feel like I'm obligated to talk to them and I never have anything to say.

And my teachers used to give me a heart-attack when they'd say things like "OKAY GET INTO GROUPS" and I'd be like "welp today is the day that ends my life" and then proceed to go into panic mode as my teacher found a group for me to be in. :,)

This may seem odd, but I think I have a people phobia.

It's probably mostly because I have crippling social anxiety, but whenever I'm about to pass someone in the hallway or on the sidewalk I get really scared. I get even more nervous when I have to ride an elevator with someone, because I feel like I'm obligated to talk to them and I never have anything to say.

And my teachers used to give me a heart-attack when they'd say things like "OKAY GET INTO GROUPS" and I'd be like "welp today is the day that ends my life" and then proceed to go into panic mode as my teacher found a group for me to be in. :,)

I'm the exact same!

I also have a phobia of mirrors and bathrooms. Oh boy they scare me (especially at night and when I'm home alone). It's probably because I get paranoid that I'll see something otherworldly. *shivers*

i have the classic height phobia. i used to live by a bridge suspended over traffic, and whenever my family wanted to walk around in town, i would take forever to cross it since my fingers would be gripping the railing as i took like one step per five seconds. however, that's not even the worst part. last year, my gym elective was adventure ed (which basically means you get to climb trees and do ziplines and other things in the woods while working as a team). i usually don't participate except to work on the belay team (which helps the person climbing since we're holding on to the rope that supports them), but then my teacher forced me to do the lily pads, which look something like this.

11178-8662243.jpg

except, the "lily pads" were suspended fifty feet in the air, and i had to climb up a tree to get up there. my classmates had to hold onto the ropes underneath the lily pads and move the lily pads closer to me so i could get on them. now there's two problems with this scenario:
1. i CANNOT stand heights.
2. i didn't trust my classmates at all. i knew those jerks would screw up somehow.

my experience was not fun to say at the very least.

the climbing part was actually the easiest part. i just didn't have to look down, but then when i got on the platform, that's when everything went to *****. i took one glance down at my classmates who were fifty feet below me, trying to get me on the first lilypad as anxiety began choking me, and the first thought that came to me was, "nope, i'm dying today."

i sat on the platform, gripping on the rope, and told my teacher, "i can't do this!" and then he told me that i can do this. of course, i rolled my eyes because this is the guy who thought it would be a good idea to suspend a short girl with an extreme fear of heights in the air. then i tried to step on the first lilypad. the keyword is tried. the thing shook, even with my classmates trying to steady it. then my anxiety took over, and i started cursing like a sailor. loudly. my classmates from below heard every word. i'm pretty sure one of them were recording me, close to tears, calling them a**wipes. i screamed at my friend who was in charge of the belay team that i would haunt her a** if i died today, she laughed at me. there's another girl who tried to get me on the first lilypad by doing a countdown, but i ignored her, because if i'm going to die this horrendous death, i might as well die whenever i feel like it.

somehow, after ten minutes of screaming and cursing and crying, i gathered the courage to get on the first lilypad, and i nearly fell off because my classmates suck at doing anything. in a short period of time, i managed to get across the lilypads while thinking "i'm going to die, i'm going to die, i'm going to die and i'm going to haunt all of them for the rest of their sad lives". everyone cheered when i got down, i flipped them off behind their backs in my moment of adrenaline, and i quietly apologized to my friend for yelling at her. it was the scariest thing i did last year, and i only ever tired the zip lining after that experience.

thankfully, i don't have adventure ed as my gym elective this year, because next time, i'm going to make that teacher go up there and see how he likes it.

I'm not entirely sure what my fear would be called, but I can get quite overwhelmed by very tall things. Having to look up at something big with lots of detail is hard for me.

I have no idea what specific situation I could use as an example, or if that's considered a phobia at all.

My best friend has that too. In primary school, she was hit in the face with the ball and pushed into the wall. She fell, her chin scraping against the wall. There was blood everywhere and she needed stitches. She is still TERRIFIED of balls

I have emetophobia as well. I always have nightmares about people getting sick :(

tryphophobia makes me want vomit- it's not just fear of holes for me, it's the fear of reoccurring patterns in close spaces that look 3d

Last edited:
I know exactly what you're talking about D:
I always go to the third or fourth bathroom stall because i always assume that people puke in the first one... and i dont want to be near that when it happens.

I wanted to see a therapist or someone to help me get over it because it's seriously affecting my life & future career so i booked an appointment for it a few weeks ago, but they cancelled it -___-
I need to reschedule that after my finals.

I have a phobia of vomit too I think it?s pretty common

However my phobia more surrounds myself throwing up - like I get super super anxious if I even feel a tiny bit like I might vomit

My best friend has a phobia of vomit too, but her phobia is more like op?s where she can?t handle people near her throwing up. She has like a total panic attack if someone even starts coughing too hard near her

I don’t quite have what I call phobias. I get anxious if an unable to communicate with my parents (like if I call and don’t get any answer, especially if we are out and I cant find them.) mind you I’m 32 but I’ve never lived on my own.

There is one thing that freaks me out. There are times at night when I pass this room that is under the stairs that is another storage room, I will feel absolute panic. The door has a window for som reason, so the room is dark. I have had this reaction ever since we moved into the house when I was 6-7 years old.

I have Thalassophobia and Arachnophobia. Fear of deep water, especially deep water than has things under it like sunken boats, seaweed etc. (I don't like buoys or those ropes either) and fear of spiders. Funnily enough I'm okay with tarantulas (eight legged hamsters I always say) but any others I can't stand.

I have Thalassophobia and Arachnophobia. Fear of deep water, especially deep water than has things under it like sunken boats, seaweed etc. (I don't like buoys or those ropes either) and fear of spiders. Funnily enough I'm okay with tarantulas (eight legged hamsters I always say) but any others I can't stand.
Same I can't stand swimming because of the water dept.

Back