• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you ever say no to villager requests?

brooklyn9

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Orange (Fruit)
Cake
I always am asked to find bugs and fish that I know I won?t bother looking for and say yes just to not be rude haha.
Also, if you visit a villagers house, do you ever say ?meh? or ?it?s aberage?? Again, I say it?s great to not be mean lol.

I constantly say no.
I am the mayor.
I am not a slave.

They have way more arms and legs than me, so they can pick their own fruit.

Get ME an apple for a change. ^_^

All the time. I wish more of their requests were for fruit because they always want me to take a package to another villager which is 9 times out of 10 gonna be an ugly piece of clothes or furniture that they'll put in their house which just ain't happenin

I noticed if the villager doesn't like their own house (missing 'essentials' like a bed etc) they actually seem to appreciate it more if you choose the "meh" option, once I told Yuka I hated her house and the next day she sent me a letter with her picture in it lol

I do refuse sometimes. Or sometimes I agree, then forget and give them whatever I have on hand, like a fish or insect instead of fruit and their reactions are generally hilarious.

if it's for bugs and fish, new stuff for their house, signatures, or scheduling a house meet-up, nope. otherwise, yup

I always say Yes...never deliver

Maybe thats why Ive had my game for 3 years and not one picture yet :p My villagers hate me <3

I almost always say no. I don't want them filling their houses with junk like fish and bugs. I don't mind occasional package delivery or picking some fruit, but I won't do house-trashing tasks.

I used to say yes to every request, but not anymore. I only say yes if I'm not too tired or if it isn't late or if I'm busy landscaping or if it is convenient, lol.

I do always say their house is great but I'm going to mix it up after reading Zane's response! :D

well, since i want to make their homes look better i don't help them with new furniture ( if the furniture in question is one that i like on them ) if i don't like the furniture in question, i help them.

an with fruits and deliveries, most of the time i don't help them

I don't think i've ever said no to a villager or given any negative response to anything, I enjoy doing favours for them and I just hate saying no haha

I generally try to say yes, unless they ask for an item I don't want to give away period (my Jeremiah has a nasty habit of camping outside Re-Tail and pinging me for whatever item I just had customized by Cyrus...)

I'm discovering I don't like doing the bug requests as much. I didn't realize that they actually displayed those; it was a nasty shock going into Bree's house the other day and seeing a big, ugly centipede chilling on the table in the middle of her room with the rest of her Regal furniture. I sent her stuff until she finally replaced it.

I very commonly turn down villager requests to catch fish or bugs because they just end up making their houses look horrible. I might make an exception if I think it would look nice and/or isn't too big, like a goldfish, but I'm not giving them something like a shark.

I generally complete most of their other requests.

If it's for a really rare bug or fish yes. I don't want to spend like 30 mins or even an hour or more just to find them a fish/bug in exchange for a chair or clock :I

I only say no to the villagers I don't want in my town xD its pretty sad lol.. but still I don't like them >.>

I very commonly turn down villager requests to catch fish or bugs because they just end up making their houses look horrible. I might make an exception if I think it would look nice and/or isn't too big, like a goldfish, but I'm not giving them something like a shark.

I generally complete most of their other requests.

I hate seeing fish and bugs trapped in tanks and cages.
The villagers can't manage to pick their own fruit, so how are they going to care for a Whale Shark. O_O

LOL

Last edited:
First 3 years they got things that were requested. I've stopped with large fish that are the size of a bed and some replacement furniture. I want Tutu to keep her Princess bed. Smaller bug and fish I say yes to. They can be removed later with a gift.

All the time, haha. Almost guilty about it, but they always seem to ask when I'm on a mission to do something specific.

No, but sometimes I forget to finish it.

Sometimes I would say no when it comes to house visits or delivering a present for another villager. (Especially the present one in my town Vista, we have a dress code there and you'll never know if that present is another outfit.)

Last edited:
Yeah, a majority of the times, when they wanna set up a time to meet or if they want rare/out of season stuff. or if they do dumb trades, like.. bruh no i don't want your shirt for my nugget :(

Back