Do you ever say no to villager requests?

brooklyn9

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Orange (Fruit)
Cake
I always am asked to find bugs and fish that I know I won?t bother looking for and say yes just to not be rude haha.
Also, if you visit a villagers house, do you ever say ?meh? or ?it?s aberage?? Again, I say it?s great to not be mean lol.

I constantly say no.
I am the mayor.
I am not a slave.

They have way more arms and legs than me, so they can pick their own fruit.

Get ME an apple for a change. ^_^

All the time. I wish more of their requests were for fruit because they always want me to take a package to another villager which is 9 times out of 10 gonna be an ugly piece of clothes or furniture that they'll put in their house which just ain't happenin

I noticed if the villager doesn't like their own house (missing 'essentials' like a bed etc) they actually seem to appreciate it more if you choose the "meh" option, once I told Yuka I hated her house and the next day she sent me a letter with her picture in it lol

I do refuse sometimes. Or sometimes I agree, then forget and give them whatever I have on hand, like a fish or insect instead of fruit and their reactions are generally hilarious.

if it's for bugs and fish, new stuff for their house, signatures, or scheduling a house meet-up, nope. otherwise, yup

I always say Yes...never deliver

Maybe thats why Ive had my game for 3 years and not one picture yet :p My villagers hate me <3

I almost always say no. I don't want them filling their houses with junk like fish and bugs. I don't mind occasional package delivery or picking some fruit, but I won't do house-trashing tasks.

I used to say yes to every request, but not anymore. I only say yes if I'm not too tired or if it isn't late or if I'm busy landscaping or if it is convenient, lol.

I do always say their house is great but I'm going to mix it up after reading Zane's response! :D

well, since i want to make their homes look better i don't help them with new furniture ( if the furniture in question is one that i like on them ) if i don't like the furniture in question, i help them.

an with fruits and deliveries, most of the time i don't help them

I don't think i've ever said no to a villager or given any negative response to anything, I enjoy doing favours for them and I just hate saying no haha

I generally try to say yes, unless they ask for an item I don't want to give away period (my Jeremiah has a nasty habit of camping outside Re-Tail and pinging me for whatever item I just had customized by Cyrus...)

I'm discovering I don't like doing the bug requests as much. I didn't realize that they actually displayed those; it was a nasty shock going into Bree's house the other day and seeing a big, ugly centipede chilling on the table in the middle of her room with the rest of her Regal furniture. I sent her stuff until she finally replaced it.

I very commonly turn down villager requests to catch fish or bugs because they just end up making their houses look horrible. I might make an exception if I think it would look nice and/or isn't too big, like a goldfish, but I'm not giving them something like a shark.

I generally complete most of their other requests.

If it's for a really rare bug or fish yes. I don't want to spend like 30 mins or even an hour or more just to find them a fish/bug in exchange for a chair or clock :I

I only say no to the villagers I don't want in my town xD its pretty sad lol.. but still I don't like them >.>

I very commonly turn down villager requests to catch fish or bugs because they just end up making their houses look horrible. I might make an exception if I think it would look nice and/or isn't too big, like a goldfish, but I'm not giving them something like a shark.

I generally complete most of their other requests.

I hate seeing fish and bugs trapped in tanks and cages.
The villagers can't manage to pick their own fruit, so how are they going to care for a Whale Shark. O_O

LOL

Last edited:
First 3 years they got things that were requested. I've stopped with large fish that are the size of a bed and some replacement furniture. I want Tutu to keep her Princess bed. Smaller bug and fish I say yes to. They can be removed later with a gift.

All the time, haha. Almost guilty about it, but they always seem to ask when I'm on a mission to do something specific.

No, but sometimes I forget to finish it.

Sometimes I would say no when it comes to house visits or delivering a present for another villager. (Especially the present one in my town Vista, we have a dress code there and you'll never know if that present is another outfit.)

Last edited:
Yeah, a majority of the times, when they wanna set up a time to meet or if they want rare/out of season stuff. or if they do dumb trades, like.. bruh no i don't want your shirt for my nugget :(

Back