Do you ever say no to villager requests?

I have said no a few times but I usually say yes. Like if they give me a low price on something I got or a high price for their item, I say no. They're completely fine with it though XD I hate to upset them so knowing they are oki with it afterwards lets me sigh with relief.

I always say no when they want to buy my items, bugs, fish and fossils. I want to keep the houses of the villagers as authentic as possible.

It depends on my mood and how long I'm playing for. If it's a rare fish or rare bug, I usually say no (unless I'm in a good mood). If they want to come over to my house or their house at a designated time, then no.

I say no to signature requests or requests for super rare fish/bugs that I know I won't be able to fulfill. Other than that, I kinda like just letting them do their own thing. Feels more like a town to me if villagers are allowed to change clothes, redecorate their homes, etc.

i do that when i know that i will not be able to fulfil their requests
just think that it's better to tell them i'm not feeling it straight to their faces XD

I don't like to say no, but if they want something I have in my pockets that I need for something else I definitely have no problem saying no. I also say no all the time to visiting their house, because it is never NOW, it is always over a half hour in the future and I never remember and they get mad. I really hate that the developers put that in the game, not everyone can sit around for over a half hour just to go see their house for 2 seconds!

I wasn't aware that it wasn't really "done" to deny villager requests.

I deny any request to visit at a later time - my play schedule is only a few minutes here or there, and doesn't really accomodate that kind of thing. I also deny petition requests - no-one to wi-fi with. Finally, I deny requests for hard-to-find fish or bugs that I won't be able to catch quickly - I'd rather not spend all day hunting.

Mainly, I've just been accepting convenient requests, as I've read online that denying a request decreases friendship LESS than accepting a request but not actually completing it. Lesser of two evils, and all that!

Never say no, but I don't always do their requests like the signatures if I feel lazy going to other towns. Also I never do any fish, bugs and furniture requests. I always leave them hanging lol

I only say yes if i feel like it lol like if they ask for a fruit or to deliver to someone, 9 times out of 10 i'll do it cause that's easy, but if they ask for like a golden stag... NAH. or if they ask for furniture like to replace something in their house... nAH

The only thing I will ever do, if I'm feeling magnanimous, is the odd fruit request.

No more delivering presents.

It took a week of TT'g to kill the tulip shirt trend! O_O

Occasionally I do whether it's some request for a Coelacanth or Oarfish. Other than that I do say Yes everytime.

Last edited:
I say no to signature requests or requests for super rare fish/bugs that I know I won't be able to fulfill. Other than that, I kinda like just letting them do their own thing. Feels more like a town to me if villagers are allowed to change clothes, redecorate their homes, etc.

I agree with you! I don?t mind adding things into villagers houses, unless it?s a huge fossil or something.

Back