• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you ever say no to villager requests?

I have said no a few times but I usually say yes. Like if they give me a low price on something I got or a high price for their item, I say no. They're completely fine with it though XD I hate to upset them so knowing they are oki with it afterwards lets me sigh with relief.

I always say no when they want to buy my items, bugs, fish and fossils. I want to keep the houses of the villagers as authentic as possible.

It depends on my mood and how long I'm playing for. If it's a rare fish or rare bug, I usually say no (unless I'm in a good mood). If they want to come over to my house or their house at a designated time, then no.

I say no to signature requests or requests for super rare fish/bugs that I know I won't be able to fulfill. Other than that, I kinda like just letting them do their own thing. Feels more like a town to me if villagers are allowed to change clothes, redecorate their homes, etc.

i do that when i know that i will not be able to fulfil their requests
just think that it's better to tell them i'm not feeling it straight to their faces XD

I don't like to say no, but if they want something I have in my pockets that I need for something else I definitely have no problem saying no. I also say no all the time to visiting their house, because it is never NOW, it is always over a half hour in the future and I never remember and they get mad. I really hate that the developers put that in the game, not everyone can sit around for over a half hour just to go see their house for 2 seconds!

I wasn't aware that it wasn't really "done" to deny villager requests.

I deny any request to visit at a later time - my play schedule is only a few minutes here or there, and doesn't really accomodate that kind of thing. I also deny petition requests - no-one to wi-fi with. Finally, I deny requests for hard-to-find fish or bugs that I won't be able to catch quickly - I'd rather not spend all day hunting.

Mainly, I've just been accepting convenient requests, as I've read online that denying a request decreases friendship LESS than accepting a request but not actually completing it. Lesser of two evils, and all that!

Never say no, but I don't always do their requests like the signatures if I feel lazy going to other towns. Also I never do any fish, bugs and furniture requests. I always leave them hanging lol

I only say yes if i feel like it lol like if they ask for a fruit or to deliver to someone, 9 times out of 10 i'll do it cause that's easy, but if they ask for like a golden stag... NAH. or if they ask for furniture like to replace something in their house... nAH

The only thing I will ever do, if I'm feeling magnanimous, is the odd fruit request.

No more delivering presents.

It took a week of TT'g to kill the tulip shirt trend! O_O

Occasionally I do whether it's some request for a Coelacanth or Oarfish. Other than that I do say Yes everytime.

Last edited:
I say no to signature requests or requests for super rare fish/bugs that I know I won't be able to fulfill. Other than that, I kinda like just letting them do their own thing. Feels more like a town to me if villagers are allowed to change clothes, redecorate their homes, etc.

I agree with you! I don?t mind adding things into villagers houses, unless it?s a huge fossil or something.

Back