Getting along with villagers you actually don't like

Sweetley

- Gone -
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Yesterday, I started a new town and one thing that I want to do (besides finally stop
resetting my town after like 3 days for dumb reasons), is to not stick with any dreamies,
just let the villagers move in and out like they want, so that I have the chance to get to
know some villagers better and also have some variety in the town. That means I also give
villagers I don't like a chance.

And how it had to be, I got Cobb, that one villager I hate the most, as one of my starter
villagers. But instead of freaking out about it, I decided to give him a chance. And to be
honest? My hate for him became a little bit less, maybe because unlike in the past, he
didn't mess up anything or didn't make me angry about something, which were the
reasons I start to hate him.

I guess I will try to start getting along with more villagers I don't like, just to see if my
opinions about them change after a while. After all, I got bored by just sticking with the
same villagers, even if they are my favorites/dreamies.

Haha, I also have been giving Cobb a chance. He and Violet are enemies and it is pretty amusing so that's a plus!

I tolerate them.
Though yesterday put a smile on my face.
It was Freya's Birthday, and I gave her a rock guitar. She loved it so much, she sent me her picture today! ^_^

I'm doing something similar with my current town. I let whoever move in to just get random villagers instead of my favorites. I'm trying to like Jacques, but yesterday he suggested that Midge take a swim in the shark tank at the museum. I'm also trying to like Sterling, but he said that Midge smelled. I'm actually chuckling over this now, but I think their comments just made me like Midge more. I'm waiting for Cherry, Croque or Astrid to put those two in their place lol.

I'm doing the same thing now! I'm going to let them come and go as they please, no matter how attached I get to them. Right now one of my starters is Rizzo, a mouse I never much liked but having him in my new town is helping him grow on me, it's also hilarious to hear that deep cranky voice come from a tiny little mouse haha

I restarted a town recently, and I'm trying not to give into the temptation of hacking for a while. I started with 3 koalas which I thought was cool, and I got old favorites Yuka and Melba back. I'm gonna see what the game gives me for a while before I go hack crazy on it, and I think that'll be a fun way to learn about more villagers and have a fun change of pace.

Kevin, one of my starter villagers, yeah I literally hated him. Today, he traded me a flooring for a piece of furniture I've been wanting and planted a flower that I needed just one more of. Kind of love him now.

I officially no longer like Stu.

Firstly, a few weeks ago, I didn't talk much for a few days. I was ill IRL.

He abused me, saying 'You know, I don't like being ignored!'

Today, he wanted furniture.
I rarely do requests, but I wanted him to have music in his house, so I ordered a kiddie stereo, even customized it, and proudly gave it to him.

He said 'I guess I'll figure out where to put this later'.

Normally they position the furniture while you're there.
I went back to his house over two days, and still no sign of it. :-/

Never doing another request.

Last edited:
I've gone to USELESS Isabelle a dozen times about Stu's shirt. She said she'd make him change right away.

He hasn't!

I even TT'd and still nothing!

What is the point of Isabelle and the problematic citizens/clothing, when she does absolutely nothing! o_O

Last edited:
For like the first year of having the game I didn't have wireless internet so I couldn't start trying to adopt my favorite villagers right off the bat and also didn't know about the random move-in resetting trick or whatever so I just had to deal with whoever moved in lol I didn't find it especially difficult to have lame villagers in the town for awhile but I wasn't sorry to see them go most of the time (except Cesar who was my fake Peewee until he actually showed up) and it helped me get more PWP's faster because I had a larger variety of villagers. Any villager that I hated before NL I still hated when they turned up again, letting them hang around never makes them grow on me. :p

I just tolerate them until they ping to move out.. I use to really like marshal but now I?ve mellowed our about him. He?s neutral to me. Don?t want to let him go since he?s my 10th villager on my main town and my husband?s... And to search for another 10th Villager is NOT going to happen since I restarted another one of my towns and currently looking for villagers.. I think what I dislike the most is having to find villagers you like for the town. I honestly hate Cherry now in my twilight town. She?s being rude >.> She?s not rude to my husband?s mayor. But she is to Yumi.

Lmao I can't get along with Wart Jr no matter what. I'm trying to get along with Jane in my GameCube town, but it just isn't working. She ticks me off all the time.

I got Rizzo from my friend’s town via streetpass. I hate him. He’s ugly. I have double cranky villagers and his house is in a horrible spot. I’ve been nice to him to get him to move but literally I everyone has pinged to move EXCEPT RIZZO. Ugh.

There are certain villagers I moved in that I don't want to lose (Etoile, and Chelsea. Because I paid for their cards, and no longer have them if they move out) but the rest I kind of like the randomness. There aren't any animals I "hate" but there are definitely some I like less than others, as well as some I really love.

I've been doing something similar! I'm taking my time with getting dreamies and experimenting and experiencing all the other villagers that move in! (plus my town is a growing tourist spot, so it'd make sense for so many people to come in and out) and you never know when a rando moves in and you end up attached!
Before I had my dreamies planned out, Rolf moved in and he grew on me so I tried to see if I could get him to fit my theme, and he does!

Back