• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

It's Official

Tsukuri_Yukimura

Peach 🍑
Banana 🍌
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1570-8628-4897
I have had it with my game. This is the 3rd time I turned on my file and all it had was new game. Where the heck did my save data go?

I had a ton of hybrids thanks to you guys...and items I really loved and had a pretty cool layout...so this has officially ticked me off for the last time!

Anyone had this happen before? If so what did you do?

I might come back to the game, but not sure...time to spend a few days on Fantasy Life again.

Do you have a digital or physical copy? I've fortunately enough never had it happen and I've mostly kept physical throughout the years, although this time I had to go digital because it was impossible to find here.

I don't know if digital ones are still as unstable but I'm sorry if the files somehow corrupted the game :( Unless you messed with your 3ds some way or you can't find the data while checking in the game, try taking out the sd card and check if there is something wrong with that ,if you can plop it into your computer (or with the newer ones connecting directly).

I have a retail copy of the game that I got in late May 2014, and the town corrupted in late July of 2015.

Luckily I've had my new town for almost two and a half years and I haven't had it corrupt again (though I'm afraid that it will. If it does I'll prob just stop playing New Leaf tbh).

It's digital. Most of my games are. I had never had this happen so I don't know if i did something or not.

It's digital. Most of my games are. I had never had this happen so I don't know if i did something or not.

I guess there is some file/files associating with it being corrupted.. but yeah unless someone can check that I don't know. I feel you though, I'd flip so hard if my copy did that since I paid like $40 for it digital so yeah.

I tried doing some research on Google/GameFaqs and I'm only finding situations where people turned it off at the wrong time, or the game card came out on accident, or whatever.

When it happened to me it happened at complete random. Maybe you should try to contact customer support?

I tried doing some research on Google/GameFaqs and I'm only finding situations where people turned it off at the wrong time, or the game card came out on accident, or whatever.

When it happened to me it happened at complete random. Maybe you should try to contact customer support?

Yeah idk, if Ninty handles it when digital unless you can like prove it live in front of their noses or stuff but yeah might be worth a try. There are probably something random files or hardware issue on the 3ds maybe

*knocks on wood it won't happen to me*

since it's a digital bought game as you stated.
it doesn't necessarily mean that it is the game file that is broken.
tell me, who has excess to your nintendo ID that you use for that DS system ?

and did something similar happen to other digitally bought games you have on this DS ?
or has this also happened with physical games you own, and play on this system ?

I don't know if this is possible since I don't have experience with digital versions of games, but is it possible that while clearing out some data on your 3ds that you may have accidentally deleted your New Leaf save data?

aw sorry to hear that!

i know there's a way to save your save file and then if it corrupts you can go through a save editor and get it back

I've had that with my physical copy.
It couldn't load the data, so I googled it, pulled my DS apart as instructed, took out the SD card, wiped it, and put it back in.

That did the trick! ^_^

I don't know if this is possible since I don't have experience with digital versions of games, but is it possible that while clearing out some data on your 3ds that you may have accidentally deleted your New Leaf save data?

most unluckily, all current devices ask for confirmation regarding adding, deleting, or updating something

Sorry to hear that :(

Maybe get a physical copy next time? They should be safer; I've never had anything happen with any of my save files.

Thanks so much for the tips guys! I am going to Walmart tomorrow so I will be getting a physical copy of NL. I hope things go better after that.

Back