• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favourite Christmas Movie?

cornimer

grab acorns 'til you're delirious
Cherry 🍒
Banana 🍌
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Island
Crayola
Pink Balloon
Green Balloon
Pink Balloon
Green Balloon
Pink Balloon
Space Whale Plush
Splat Easter Egg
Green Fair Pinwheel
Kaleidoclover
Flower Glow Wand
My favourites are The Polar Express and The Year Without A Santa Claus

Ehh, tough one, I never really watch specific things for the season and stuff lol. But uh, sure Die Hardis good?

Okay, I probably have others that are better suited to the title of "favorite", but literally the first thing that comes to mind is
Home Alone 1&2.

i really like rudolph & the island of misfit toys

The Nightmare Before Christmas and the first two Home Alone movies.

the grinch, elf, die hard, home alone, it's a wonderful life, white christmas, deck the halls, national lampoon's, nightmare before christmas are all amazing.
but muppets christmas carol really steals it for me.

I don't really watch Christmas movies very often. I used to watch A Christmas Story throughout my childhood but I long ago abandoned television, where it would genereally be marathoning, and I haven't really bothered to watch the DVD in recent years.

I watched Michael Dougherty's Krampus movie when it was in theaters two years ago and thought it was enjoyable, so I might try to watch that again this year.

The original 1974 version of Black Christmas was alright, but I didn't actually watch that around Christmastime when I first saw it. Maybe I'll do that.

I don't go out of my way to watch it but I like the 1966 cartoon version of Dr. Seuss' How The Grinch Stole Christmas! since Boris Karloff is both the narrator and the voice of the Grinch.

That's all that really comes to mind at the moment. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is alright but I don't really care about it. Die Hard is fine but I'm one of the people that feels like, even though it takes place on Christmas, isn't really that much of a Christmas movie. Same with Gremlins. The 1982 version of The Thing, while not even slightly related to Christmas, is a nice Winter movie.

If I remember anything else I'll make another post, but yeah, that's about it.

The Muppet's A Christmas Carol
Elf
Santa Clause
Santa Clause 2
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the Jim Carrey one)

Q: Favorite Christmas Movie?

A: I don't really watch Christmas movies all that much. Been pretty much into those action movies and whatnot. Though... A Christmas movie that I really liked watching a lot when I was a little kid was called Jingle All the Way. I'll stick with that movie that I've mentioned as my favorite Christmas movie. Probably going to watch that movie again sometime soon to see if I can remember why I liked the film.

I guess The Nightmare Before Christmas? We watch A Christmas Story every year (and by watch I mean have it on in the background) but I guess I don't like Christmas movies much. I think I prefer TV shows that have holiday episodes.

The 1947 Miracle on 34th Street, the 1951 A Christmas Carol, and Meet Me In St. Louis are probably my favorite films. For the rest, I grew up on Rankin & Bass, so those are always fun to watch. I picked up most of them on DVD, because some aren't shown on television anymore, and the ones that are still shown are cut.

My favorites are The Year Without a Santa Claus, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus, A Claymation Christmas, A Charlie Brown Christmas (no holiday is really complete without the Peanuts), and my all-time favorite animated holiday program, Mister Magoo's Christmas Carol. If you've never seen that (and it never gets shown on television, so you probably haven't), do check it out. It's actually a well-done adaptation.

The Polar Express and Elf! It's a tradition every year to watch those two movies around Christmas time. :)

Back