• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

hold my items while I sell/reset my town? & questions about selling my town

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Feedback
100% (23) +
Oh man. The anxiety kills me - I'm trying to place my police station and I've realized how bad it is...

I haven't played in a year or two - but I've been playing for about 2~ weeks now. There's a lot of things I love about my town, but at the same time... ugh. I have a LOT of items. Way too many - I'll try cutting down before hand for you. I'll even count my items once I do. (I might do it before anyone offers, and edit this post, too.)

(I've come to realize I'm probably at 400~ items... please be aware if this! I haven't counted yet, but I'm assuming based off of the secret storage space amount + normal storage amongst other things.)

I'll be storing golden tools, clothes, wallpaper, flooring and furniture items, of course. I wish I could store my goldfish I was going to use for future decorating, but I can wait to catch more. ;^)

You'll have to give me a few hours to a day or perhaps two, - you've probably realized I'm very picky about my things. I'll try my best to be swift! Maybe I'll get lucky?

I can compensate for your time, of course! I'll definitely hand over some sweet, sweet TBT bells to you for your hard work of being my temporary inventory. (Not sarcasm, it's annoying when you have items everywhere on the ground.) Just suggest a price.

You'll also be able to catalog any items you want. It's not like it affects me. :^)

Oh! I'll need lots of pine saplings, saplings and sweet olive starts afterwards. I will, however, be bringing my own fruit and some rare flowers. I don't want to bother with the common flowers, since they grow normally. I'll be buying some. Care to think of a price? Perhaps 1 TBT each? I'll also need a silver axe as I sold mine, forgetting what it does! (Please message me about this or leave a VM)

I'll miss Molly! That's for sure...

I also have some questions. I have searched these but want to double-triple/quadruple check. I'm paranoid. I actually would've just hacked, but it's too stressful and I feel a new town will add "years" onto this games life for me. I still don't want to lose my items... you can understand, right?

1. Do you keep your PWP list? (Even the perfect town ones?)
2. Do I keep the clothes I'm currently wearing?
3. Do I keep patterns that are currently on my person?
4. My registration date will be wiped on my card, right?
5. Do I keep my name?
6. If I don't get a map I like in the 4, can I turn off my game and try again while still receiving the bells from Nook?

C'mon, be a darling and help make an anxiety-ridden person a little less anxious?

(Gah! I had anxiety over if it was anxiety-ridden or anxiety-riddled...)

* I posted this in the Re-Tail sub-forum, too. If either aren't appropriate for said sub-forums for whatever reason, please tell me.

Well, first: To sell your town to Tom Nook, it must be level 4. That means you have played 50 hours/50 days of the game.
And as for your clothes, patterns, name, they are all reset.
And yes, if you get a map you don’t like you can turn off the system and go back in for other possibilities.
You can store items at my place if you need. :)
If you want to save patterns, you can put them up in my Able Sisters store.
PWPs are saved if you sell. If you just delete, they are reset.
I’m not sure about the registration date, but from what I’ve seen: it wipes it and once you make a new save file it registers that as your registration date.

Last edited:
I actually saw a video about this. The only thing I know apart from what MayorKami said is that you can choose to sell your catalogue too so it’s reset, or keep it meaning you have access to everything still. The other, is that you wouldn’t keep your face and name, but can give them to yourself again. I can find the vid and link to it if you want.

Well, first: To sell your town to Tom Nook, it must be level 4. That means you have played 50 hours/50 days of the game.
And as for your clothes, patterns, name, they are all reset.
And yes, if you get a map you don’t like you can turn off the system and go back in for other possibilities.
You can store items at my place if you need. :)
If you want to save patterns, you can put them up in my Able Sisters store.
PWPs are saved if you sell. If you just delete, they are reset.
I’m not sure about the registration date, but from what I’ve seen: it wipes it and once you make a new save file it registers that as your registration date.

Okie dokie! Thanks for answering my questions! 50/50 days/hours of actual gameplay or 50/50 days/hours since you started? If it's gameplay, how would o check?

Someone else offered to help, we're still figuring everything out - I'm not 100% sure if we'll do it, I'm asking if they're okay with my wonky schedule. I suffer from migraines and consequently, memory loss. So if they're not comfortable with that but you are, I'll message you about it if you'd like! However, I would love to store a pattern or two at your place if I can. I'm not sure if they're comfortable with that, (I forgot to ask! I'll have to in the next reply) so thanks for offering just in case!

I'm all rambly as I haven't slept. Whoops. My apologies!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I actually saw a video about this. The only thing I know apart from what MayorKami said is that you can choose to sell your catalogue too so it’s reset, or keep it meaning you have access to everything still. The other, is that you wouldn’t keep your face and name, but can give them to yourself again. I can find the vid and link to it if you want.

That'd be great, thank you!

Okie dokie! Thanks for answering my questions! 50/50 days/hours of actual gameplay or 50/50 days/hours since you started? If it's gameplay, how would o check?

Someone else offered to help, we're still figuring everything out - I'm not 100% sure if we'll do it, I'm asking if they're okay with my wonky schedule. I suffer from migraines and consequently, memory loss. So if they're not comfortable with that but you are, I'll message you about it if you'd like! However, I would love to store a pattern or two at your place if I can. I'm not sure if they're comfortable with that, (I forgot to ask! I'll have to in the next reply) so thanks for offering just in case!

I'm all rambly as I haven't slept. Whoops. My apologies!

- - - Post Merge - - -

That'd be great, thank you!

Yep, I'm fine with whatever you want to do. I'd say pretty much all of my Able sister pattern spaces are open so if you need to store multiple patterns it's fine by me :)

from personal experience, if you're talking about not getting a good map and resetting the game, the money you were supposed to get from nook wont come, it mainly i guess stops the trade since you automatically get sent to rover once you've sold your town.

so if you don't get a map you like, take any map, set you house and everything, get your id pic so you can take the train, and drop the money from the bank which you got from nook to the other persons town that's helping you, then reset till you get a better map, although the problem is if you do reset to get a better map, the pwp you had also wont move over, so keep that in mind

also the perfect town pwp wont move to you new town since well, it's for, well, perfect towns lol, i would just place a bunch of street lamps and flowers until you get the perfect town, i can supply you with the money to do that if you plan on doing that~

so to make sure i have everything explained,
1- resetting your game will not get you your bells and pwp
2- your clothes and looks will be completely new once you reset
3- your basicly starting completely over, like a newborn baby

oh and i forgot to mention, i'm willing to help you move all your items lol, i have a large open area by my train station so you can just drop your items off from there, i also have shampoodles so you can get your hair cut once you've reset

if there is anything else you may need, lemme know, it's currently 4:17 pm, i am central time,
and tomorrow is friday so i should be available for a long time lol

Thank you!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yep, I'm fine with whatever you want to do. I'd say pretty much all of my Able sister pattern spaces are open so if you need to store multiple patterns it's fine by me :)

Thank you! They said they'll be able to tolerate my schedule, so I'll just need your able sister space for a few patterns. Thank you! :^)

- - - Post Merge - - -

from personal experience, if you're talking about not getting a good map and resetting the game, the money you were supposed to get from nook wont come, it mainly i guess stops the trade since you automatically get sent to rover once you've sold your town.

so if you don't get a map you like, take any map, set you house and everything, get your id pic so you can take the train, and drop the money from the bank which you got from nook to the other persons town that's helping you, then reset till you get a better map, although the problem is if you do reset to get a better map, the pwp you had also wont move over, so keep that in mind

also the perfect town pwp wont move to you new town since well, it's for, well, perfect towns lol, i would just place a bunch of street lamps and flowers until you get the perfect town, i can supply you with the money to do that if you plan on doing that~

so to make sure i have everything explained,
1- resetting your game will not get you your bells and pwp
2- your clothes and looks will be completely new once you reset
3- your basicly starting completely over, like a newborn baby

oh and i forgot to mention, i'm willing to help you move all your items lol, i have a large open area by my train station so you can just drop your items off from there, i also have shampoodles so you can get your hair cut once you've reset

if there is anything else you may need, lemme know, it's currently 4:17 pm, i am central time,
and tomorrow is friday so i should be available for a long time lol

Others have told me that you keep your bells even if you don't like the map, since you just turn the system off and ask for Nook's appraisal again, but if you tap "I want to take a break" it'll just delete your town with no reward. Kinda risky!

I appreciate your input, I really do! I'm glad you've warned me, too. :^) Perhaps you tapped the wrong option or saved? I'm not 100% sure. Since posting this I've had quite a few confirmations (some via PM) but I'll keep this in mind!

Thank you!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thank you! They said they'll be able to tolerate my schedule, so I'll just need your able sister space for a few patterns. Thank you! :^)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Others have told me that you keep your bells even if you don't like the map, since you just turn the system off and ask for Nook's appraisal again, but if you tap "I want to take a break" it'll just delete your town with no reward. Kinda risky!

I appreciate your input, I really do! I'm glad you've warned me, too. :^) Perhaps you tapped the wrong option or saved? I'm not 100% sure. Since posting this I've had quite a few confirmations (some via PM) but I'll keep this in mind!

Let me know whatever time you want. I run on est and today is Friday so I won’t be home until like 4:00, and I’m free through the whole weekend

Let me know whatever time you want. I run on est and today is Friday so I won?t be home until like 4:00, and I?m free through the whole weekend

Thank you! I might have to do it next weekend though - if that's okay. There's a lot going on right now :^)

I say might as hopefully everything works smoothly, heh! But things happen.

Back