• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Trading hold my items while I sell & reset for a new town? & question about selling town

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Feedback
100% (23) +
hold my items while I sell & reset for a new town? & question about selling town

Oh man. The anxiety kills me - I'm trying to place my police station and I've realized how bad it is...

I haven't played in a year or two - but I've been playing for about 2~ weeks now. There's a lot of things I love about my town, but st the same time... ugh. I have a LOT of items. Way too many - I'll try cutting down before hand for you. I'll even count my items once I do. (I might do it before anyone offers, and edit this post, too.)

I'll be storing golden tools, clothes, wallpaper, flooring and furniture items, of course. I wish I could store my goldfish I was going to use for future decorating, but I can wait to catch more. ;^)

You'll have to give me a few hours to a day or perhaps two, - you've probably realized I'm very picky about my things. I'll try my best to be swift! Maybe I'll get lucky?

I can compensate for your time, of course! I'll definitely hand over some sweet, sweet TBT bells to you for your hard work of being my temporary inventory. (Not sarcasm, it's annoying when you have items everywhere on the ground.) Just suggest a price.

You'll also be able to catalog any items you want. It's not like it affects me. :^)

Oh! I'll need lots of pine saplings, saplings and sweet olive starts afterwards. I will, however, be bringing my own fruit and some rare flowers. I don't want to bother with the common flowers, since they grow normally. I'll be buying some. Care to think of a price? Perhaps 1 TBT each? I'll also need a silver axe as I sold mine, forgetting what it does! (Please message me about this or leave a VM)

I'll miss Molly! That's for sure...

I also have some questions. I have searched these but want to double-triple/quadruple check. I'm paranoid. I actually would've just hacked, but it's too stressful and I feel a new town will add "years" onto this games life for me. I still don't want to lose my items... you can understand, right?

1. Do you keep your PWP list? (Even the perfect town ones?)
2. Do I keep the clothes I'm currently wearing?
3. Do I keep patterns that are currently on my person?
4. My registration date will be wiped on my card, right?
5. Do I keep my name?
6. If I don't get a map I like in the 4, can I turn off my game and try again while still receiving the bells from Nook?

C'mon, be a darling and help make an anxiety-ridden person a little less anxious?

(Gah! I had anxiety over if it was anxiety-ridden or anxiety-riddled...)

* I feel like this is the most appropriate sub-forum for this topic as I'm offering compensation if you'd like. If it's not, please point me to the right direction.

Last edited:
I can't answer your questions since I was an idiot and didn't sell my town to Tom when i reset mine 8C

But I do have Molly's amiibo card so I can help you get her back after you get your new town :D

Last edited:
I can only answer some of your questions.

- Yup! (Not sure about perfect town ones though, never got that far)
- Nope!
- Nope!
- Registration date as in when your town was created? In that case, yup!
5. Do I keep my name?
- Nope!
6. If I don't get a map I like in the 4, can I turn off my game and try again while still receiving the bells from Nook?
- Yup! Just be careful to sell it again just like before. I didn't plan on selling my catalogue but during all of the resets (looking for a map) I accidentally did. I was happy when I didn't find a map I wanted though, and started over again with the mission to find a new map.

I can't answer your questions since I was an idiot and didn't sell my town to Tom when i reset mine 8C

But I do have Molly's amiibo card so I can help you get her back after you get your new town :D

Aww. I hope you got your new town to be 300x more awesome though!

I'd love that! Would you like anything in return?

Do you also have Erik, Fauna, Dobbie, Whitney, Phoebe, Piper, Antonio, Marshal, Shep, Maddie, Julia, Billy or Maple? I listed more than 9 so I have a higher chance, heh! If you do, what would you like in return?

EDIT: Oops, never mind!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I can only answer some of your questions.

- Yup! (Not sure about perfect town ones though, never got that far)
- Nope!
- Nope!
- Registration date as in when your town was created? In that case, yup!
5. Do I keep my name?
- Nope!
- Yup! Just be careful to sell it again just like before. I didn't plan on selling my catalogue but during all of the resets (looking for a map) I accidentally did. I was happy when I didn't find a map I wanted though, and started over again with the mission to find a new map.

Thank you! :^)

Last edited:
Hey, I can hold your items! Its no big deal since my town is already a mess :p you can place them on my beach since its big and don't worry if its a lot of stuff I don't mind!

I have them all except for Erik, Fauna, Antonio and Maple. The only thing I'll ask for is patience since I'll need to plot reset to make sure they don't destroy my town ; v ;

Hey, I can hold your items! Its no big deal since my town is already a mess :p you can place them on my beach since its big and don't worry if its a lot of stuff I don't mind!

Thank you! I appreciate it, but I'm setting this up with someone else. Thank you for offering, though! :^)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have them all except for Erik, Fauna, Antonio and Maple. The only thing I'll ask for is patience since I'll need to plot reset to make sure they don't destroy my town ; v ;

Oh! Thank you! I can wait, no worries. Take as much time as you'd like! If it's not too much of a hassle I can take Molly, Dobie, Piper, Whitney, Phil* and Deidre*?

* I actually looked at villager lists again, and I think I'd prefer Deidre over Phoebe, and Phil over Marshal or Shep. So I won't waste your time getting villagers that [possibly] won't stay. That's not fair for you.

(I'm going for a Canadian theme, heh.)

Aw I don't have Phil or Deidre D: I can get you the other ones though, no biggie! Just shoot me a VM when you're ready to move in these guys~

Back