• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Town Overrun by Flowers!

Vivienne

Be kind to yourself.
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
Hey guys! It's been months since I've picked up ACNL and recently decided to continue working on my town.

But as I'm walking around, my town has been invaded by unwanted flowers! EVERYWHERE!

I do have the "Keep Town Beautiful" ordinance active, so I'm wondering if I where to inactivate it will the flowers wilt and die off on their own? Or should I do the work and try to dig them out by hand?

-Thanks!

If you get rid of the ordinance yeah they'll eventually all wilt, but I think it'd be faster to just dig them up or run through them since it might take a few days for them to all die off.

If you get rid of the ordinance yeah they'll eventually all wilt, but I think it'd be faster to just dig them up or run through them since it might take a few days for them to all die off.

Thanks for the advice! I actually took it and eradicated all the flowers in my town by digging them up. It took me awhile, but my town is A LOT more clear to run through. Now I have better ideas where to put PWPs and paths. :)

Last edited:
Not sure if its just the words or not, but you don't have to dig flowers up, just pick them, same as for picking weeds & picking up items off the ground. I have a flower purge every so often, I sell them to Reese, mounts up.

Wilted flowers count as a weed - so you could water only the flowers you want and pluck the dead flowers and work on your weeding badge!

This happened to me! I have the beautiful town too and time travelled a bit and my town became FULL of flowers.. like I mean everywhere. So I got fed up and took off the ordinance, then got anxious seeing my hybrids wilt along with the flowers I placed on my own. So I sucked it up and put it back on and dug up/ sold every flower.. took forever!

I have a problem with my villagers dropping flowers, constantly.

I dig up five, and ten more are dropped.
It's so time consuming, and they usually choose to do it during an event.

I never got to enjoy any of the fireworks shows, as I spent it digging up flowers. :-/

Last edited:
This also happened to me! I was so overwhelmed I also posted a topic lol

I eventually cleaned up my whole town. I went around grabbing a specific type of flower and then put them on the beach so I could replant the way I wanted to.

This...took me 4 literal days lol. But now my town is clean!!

That ordinance is a savior and also a massive pain in the behind. I swear, I never have any free space to complete trades when my town is fully covered in paths and flowers sprout up in literally any available corner! I'd appreciate it in more manageable numbers but sometimes the flower cavalry is just out of control.

The issue of all these flowers meant I've never even tried the beautiful ordinance. The villagers plant enough flowers without it. I either have no ordinance or bell boom (have several towns). I water the flowers, silver can makes it fairly fast & I keep the number of flowers in total at a manageable level(Or let them wilt & pull for the badge as HHoney does).

I will eventually put on beautiful ordinance - when I make a concerted effort (if I ever do) for blue roses.

I have this problem too. I spent a couple days replanting all my flowers in a checkerboard pattern all over town to make hybrids. Now I just pick up the non hybrid flowers, do a little landscaping every day and sell them to Reese. It gets out of hand quickly if I don't do my landscaping though.

You guys mentioning the flowers and villagers dropping them reminds me of this...

0916f8a2d9773386298c7bf571f34ff9.jpg

If you deactivate the "keep town beautiful" ordinance the flowers are bound to wilt off and die eventually. A little bit unrelated but if you do plan on making golden roses anytime soon, deactivating the ordinance will cause any black hybrids to wilt (and any hybrids to wilt) and you can make golden roses with the black wilted ones!

I once had a cycling town and my town was completely covered in flowers -

Someone was picking up a dreamie villager and they complained about all the flowers.
It?s kind of funny looking back now - after all they weren?t the person (me) who had to pick them up eventually!
I left the beautiful Ordinance because back then some people used to pick up extra red, white or yellow common flowers.
This was before the update too - so cycling villagers would plot ANYWHERE.

I do wish there was a less time consuming way to rid of unwanted flowers - digging takes time. Picking up takes time.

Before the update where placing patterns would prevent villagers from moving from unwanted spots, I had a plague of pink tulips around Stitches and Phoebe's house thanks to Red and White Tulips being planted all over. Not to mention Stitches and Phoebe watered those flowers everyday. :p

Now it doesn't happen but I do occasionally have like 5-7 flowers in a spot huddled.

Back