What's the name of your town and why?

I really really like both of those ideas a lot! I wonder how people make towns that aren't super colorful like PixelsV2. Acnl is such a colorful game already.

My main town is called Miori because my alias and pen name is Mio and I think it's sounds so cute! Plus it's kind of a mix of Mio and Mori which we all know is japanese for forrest and is in the original title for the game. At first my Mayor had my given name but now (4 years and a few resets later) she's called Mio as well and at first 'Mio of Miori' bothered me but now I think, well it's her village so she named it after herself, haha.

My second town is called Nyala. It's inspired by the childrens' book 'The brothers Lionheart' where the the place you go to after you die is a fairytale like kingdom called Nangijala. My town is a fairytale inspired and surreal so I chose something that reminded me of it but shorter and simpler and 'my own thing'.
I also wanted something that goes well with Miori because the two belong together in some way like the real world and the dream world and I think 'Miori & Nyala' goes great together!

My town is called Dasc?tt, because the pronounciation sounds like... a Dutch, vulgar way to say "That sucks" xD Let's just say it was meant as a joke, because it looks fancy but means the opposite.

My first town is called Meadow because I wanted a name that's somehow related to spring and lots of greenery. I looked up a list of words related to spring and decided on Meadow since I haven't seen other towns with the name. I also lean towards simple town names, so it just clicked with me.

Second town is called Clover because I like how it sounds, and it's a naturey forrest town. And again, another simple name.

My town is named Zoatar

Basically, I decided to name it based on a fictional planet I created named Zoaterra, but since their wasn't enough space, I named it Zoatar. Zoaterra is basically another version of earth were their are "zoans" (anthropomorphic animal like beings) instead of humans.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I also have a secondary town named E.C.H.O. (named after a high tech company in my story). Which is supposed to be a more futuristic version of Zoatar

I named my Mayor first, I named her Porkbun after my small prince of guinea pig. Then I had to think of a town name that would go with that so I settled on Bacon... ha ha it's cute! And Kevin was one of the first villagers to visit my campsite but I didn't let him stay…there are no pig villagers just bacon :3

Koriko. Because it's the name of a town in the Ghibli film, Kiki's Delivery Service :rolleyes:

This has been a really good read. Goes to show that there are a lot of smart and imaginative people here.

Update: Restarted Both towns.

First one has entirely Sindarin names from this list, With my mayor being named Taluharn ("Flat Stone"; the gender neutral translation for the human name Chelsea, my IRL name.) and the town itself is Pellavan ("Animal Enclosure"; which is also a gender neutral translation of the name Byron, figured it was absolutely perfect as soon as I saw it on the name list.)

The second one I'm still looking for ideas for the name, but I know it will be Witch/Spooky-themed, rather than Elf/Woodsy themed. The problem with the former is finding furniture...

Now that I have a new town I otta explain that one too! My new town's name is Alleyway because I wanted to make a town that was kinda like a run-down part of a city. Kinda slummy, darkly themed. Think of it as the perfect place for our favorite pig Rasher to live.

My town is just called Willow since Willowfield or Willowstreak had too many characters. Willowfield is the name of the place where my OC stories and all that happen so it worked nicely as an inspiration.

I got another copy of NL for Christmas and after briefly naming it Hanami, a yellow raincoat in the Able Sisters shop had other plans. I recently read IT for the first time and seeing that raincoat made me think of little Georgie Denbrough, so I decided to reset, and Derry was born!

I made Pietro the star attraction since he's playing the role of Pennywise, with Ben acting as mayor; and of course he has his Winter Fire right by his side. (Ben + Bev forever!)

My town name, Elenrast, means 'star shores' in Elvish. My town theme is Lord of the Rings. My DA is set on a clear night in August with a half moon and I have a lot of water PWP's to listen to on my "Star Shores Water Walk" along with the sound of the river, the waterfalls and the ocean waves.

I named my Kushiro based on a Japanese City in the Hokkaido. I just really love Japanese culture and how it looks.

Originally, I wanted to name my town Plopsville. For those of you that watch Adventure Time, I'm just ridiculously obsessed with the character, Me, Elder Plops, the pope-like character in the Slime Kingdom. Sadly, Plopsville had too many characters. Ugh. In the end, I went with Layton because one of my all-time favorite video games is the Professor Layton series :D

My new town is called Nothing. Because it started with nothing, an empty deserted village with a few animals. And also because when I started it I had no idea what theme to go for, I just want to play it in a very relaxed way. No TT, no rush on completing, slowly landscaping, and I wanna keep the original villagers as long as possible, maybe forever. What happens, happens. The theme will slowly reveal itself day by day. I started on Jan 1, and it’s already looking pretty! The name Nothing will always remind me that everything starts from Nothing. But then you work on things and make it Something!

When I was trying to think of a town name I realized I didn't know how many letters I had to work with. I started typing in goofy names adding another letter to each new one. While I was doing this my husband happened to be talking to me. I was picking names that were totally the opposite of what I'm into. I'm a steampunk, goth, horror, shadows, night, moon, blacker than black sort of girl. At one point I entered Cutetown and realized 8 letters was the limit. As I went to start deleting my husband called my name and I instinctively looked up at him and in that second instead of repeatedly tapping my styli on the "backspace" I hit "Confirm", totally missed the chance to say "No, no!" and ended up with a town named Cutetown and a map I didn't realized I had picked. My son thought it was hilarious that I accidentally named my town Cutetown. I briefly thought of starting all over again but I realized I thought it was funny too so I kept it. Now as I go along I add things that I consider "cute" and it's ended up making my town more my style.

I'm so bad at naming things. I spend such a long time trying to come up with names for characters or places in games. I didn't set out with a theme in mind for my town and I ended up naming myself Flora and my town Fauna. I like botany and biology and had been trying to come up with plant names, but didn't really like any of them, so I went general haha.

Back