What's the name of your town and why?

Decided to call my town Utopia I think the best way for me to explain it is through the definition. A utopia is an imagined community or society that possesses highly desirable or nearly perfect qualities for its citizens. The opposite of a utopia is a dystopia. :)

Domden gives me town vibes, Dream because I wanted to have a town by that name, and Drexel (new town) because I wanted to have another town that started with D.

Vanilla. i wanted a natural-ish town and vanilla just sounds very light and natural. plus i just love the smell of vanilla, so the word just has a happy feeling for me.

these are a few of my favourites (i've had so many towns hahah...)

surda- from a book
amaryllis- a type of flower
atheos- i saw it somewhere and decided to steal it.

I called mine Elomar in homage to a brazilian singer and songwriter I really love. I also think it sounds cosy and kinda small town-ish, although the english pronunciation is a bit different than in portuguese.

I also tried using one of his songs for my town tune but turns out I'm really bad at doing that haha

Mine is Nouvelle, which is a French word for new. It’s really pretty, plus I feel it’s very soft and sweet sounding.

lol I restarted my town so nvm this

Last edited:
Shamplin
Locoroco is one of my favourite games. :) Remastered/Final Mix Locoroco 1 & 2 came out for the PS4 last year!
Hate the trophies for Locoroco 2, though. I think I got 99.9% on the orignal PSP game. :D

I named my town Slice in homage to my favorite author, Terry Pratchett. His Discworld series included a town called Slice and a character named Nanny Ogg. So, basically, my town is a loving tribute to book characters who have been my "friends" for decades, and the author who brought them into my world.

Sogndal.
It's a little and adorable town in Norway, which is surrounded by mountains.
I fell in love with the town when we visited there, that's why I wanted to pick it. :blush:

My first town is named Solumbra, which is SunShadow in latin, and my second town is named Darkmoss.

I just like dark aesthetics. Sue me.

Back