• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's the name of your town and why?

michealsmells

🎄❄️🌟
Orange 🍊
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4757-8654-8195
Island
Utopia
White Turnip
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Lucky Lollipop
Spectral Preserves
Gastly Halloweaster Egg
Pumpkin Glow Wand
Key to Bell Tree Manor
Ghostly Preserves
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Hybrid Rose
This question is something that I just thought up and would think to be fun to answer! What's the name of your town and why? You may have a reason or not, but just look on it and reflect. Why exactly did you name your town that?

My current town is named PixelsV2. Pixels I believed was a cute name for a town. Simple and small but together makes something colorful and beautiful. Sadly, my last cartridge died and I got a new one. I just ended up naming this town PixelsV2 because I wanted to continue the story of Pixels.

And uhh shameless promotion, come dream! It's a WIP but I plan to make it full of flowers and colorful, like pixel art ^w^

Last edited:
My town is Busytown. I watched a show when I was a kid called The Busy World of Richard Scarry and seeing as it is a show about anthropomorphic animals who live in Busytown I thought it was a perfect fit!

My main town is named Haunton because I wanted to make a horror-themed town and Haunton was one of the best things I could think of to use at the time. It is a portmanteau of the word "haunting" and the "ton" shorthand for town, such that you would find in Boston, Compton, or Hampton.

My circus/magic show-themed town is named Mesmeri because I was trying to think of a name that gives the impression of people watching a performance intently and Mesmeri, as in the word "mesmerizing", was both fitting and short enough to fit within New Leaf's restrictive character limit for names. In my mind it's as if to say that the town and the events therein are so fun and entertaining that you don't want to take your eyes off them because who knows what will happen next. It's a decidedly more upbeat and lively town than the other.

Westeros.
I'm a Game of Thrones fan. ^_^

I like the wild scenery, the characters, the wolves, and of course - the dragons. (Though I had Drago as a starter, I let him go.)

My town is all natural, and it has elements of the regal part of GoT, as well as ancient looking places.

I've tried to make it a place I'd want to explore.

My current town name is No-Limit. I wanted to do Limitless but there wasn?t enough letter space. I wanted it to reflect the limitless possibilities I have.

Last edited:
Westeros.
I'm a Game of Thrones fan. ^_^

I like the wild scenery, the characters, the wolves, and of course - the dragons. (Though I had Drago as a starter, I let him go.)

My town is all natural, and it has elements of the regal part of GoT, as well as ancient looking places.

I've tried to make it a place I'd want to explore.

ooooh i also named my town after a game of thrones place! mine's called valyria it just sounds so pretty

mine's called quacktown, because ducks are my favorite animal. i kind of regret naming it that now. if i could change it i would call it windfall, after the island from my favorite game in the entire world, the legend of zelda: the wind waker.

Sycora, i based this name of the tree name Sycamore.

when i saw a play through f ACNL, i immediately wanted the game, and had the idea that my town would have a lot of bushes, flowers, and trees, and since i knew you plant a ''town tree'' ( just t give it a name ) i though Sycora would be the perfect name for my town

Last edited:
The one I just recently remade is called fresco like those wall mural things and I had this whole theme in mind for it, but now it's more like a woodsy forest theme so my new interpretation of it is like al fresco when ya eat outside n stuff lol

My other one is from 2015ish and I'm only really now just getting into really playing this town but its called vallis cause 2 years ago me couldnt think of a place so I just took the town my grandma used to live in (Corvallis) and get rid of the first 3 letters :)

Mine is called Fernhill because I wanted a town name that was kind of earthy. Plus I want to make it like a forest. I?m still working on planting trees, flowers, and bushes.

My current towns are: Weeds, DryRot, RatHole, Pitfall, Rubble, Seaweed, Rio Loco, Pitiful, RockLake, Nowhere, Old Leaf, Anarchy, Moonrise, Shamrock, Hellhole, Assylum, Twilight, Antares and Gunsmoke. As is obvious, I don't care for "cute" names. And, yes, this is way too many games but....I've had a lot more, and some with names that pre-update ACNL would not allow. Only DryRot's Mayor has my real name.

Cryptid!! because I love cryptids lmao, I thought it sounded unique and kinda spooky??
it was either gonna be that or Dawnstar, after the skyrim city :)

Okay...well, here we go!

Balamb: my first NL town. Long story short, I realllllly wanted to name my town Daguerreo (after my favorite location in Final Fantasy IX), but alas...was one letter too many. So I just couldn't think of anything else and settled on Balamb. The town is mostly filled with hamsters (I think of them as moogles).

Gilead: named after the "hometown" of the main protagonist of The Dark Tower series. I know it's also used in The Handmaid's Tale, but there's nothing I can do about that.

Shiveria: named after an area of the same name in Super Mario Odyssey. I completely fell in love with the area, and I decided to make a winter-themed town based around it.

Bunifrey: this one is my gaming baby. My hubby actually named this one for me. It's a memorial town for our Princess Bun Bun McCloud, and the name is a combo of Bun Bun and Gallifrey, since I'm also a big Whovian.

Cryptid!! because I love cryptids lmao, I thought it sounded unique and kinda spooky??
it was either gonna be that or Dawnstar, after the skyrim city :)

Yes!! I love Cryptids too! My town name is Cryptade for the same reason, but spelled/pronounced differently so that it sounded like a town name :0

I had to wait til Christmas the year that New Leaf came out to get it, so in the meantime I watched someone's play-through and I decided to go ahead and plan a town name. In which Crytpade was born! I was really into cryptids at the time (and I'm falling back into that phase again lmao). I didn't really do much with my towns relating to the name until now. Luckily I love the name enough to not get tired of it after restarting my town and using it so many times :'>

If I get a second town I'd want the name/town to be relating to something like Nostalgia. I'd have villagers that reminded me of my past ;v;

Red Town because Shark Town wouldn't fit. It's probably not the name I would have chosen now but I don't know what I'd change it to if I could. I don't dislike it or anything so it doesn't really matter lol

My main town’s name is Cocona, because why the coco-not?! ( ;~; I feel nothing... I’m sorry!)
Though in all seriousness, I just wanted a “unique” name and not something from an anime or game because I know one day I’ll get over my “obsession” with that said anime/game and be like “ugh why did I name it that?!” But even now I’m like “ugh why did I name it that?!” XD ;~; can’t win with myself..

My second down is Twilight and only becuase it goes with my husband’s town which is named Midnight c: they are suppose to be “opposites” of each other though .-. Not sure how really since they both don’t have “themes”. Lol. But meh. And my husband didn’t want a dumb town name (like Cocona ;~; jerk.. lol) And he chose Midnight c: Good thing too cause I was originally going to name it something dumb just to mess with him XD so yeah... lol

Primrose! Simply seemed to fit the idea I had in mind. Something cute and playful.

Yes!! I love Cryptids too! My town name is Cryptade for the same reason, but spelled/pronounced differently so that it sounded like a town name :0

I had to wait til Christmas the year that New Leaf came out to get it, so in the meantime I watched someone's play-through and I decided to go ahead and plan a town name. In which Crytpade was born! I was really into cryptids at the time (and I'm falling back into that phase again lmao). I didn't really do much with my towns relating to the name until now. Luckily I love the name enough to not get tired of it after restarting my town and using it so many times :'>

If I get a second town I'd want the name/town to be relating to something like Nostalgia. I'd have villagers that reminded me of my past ;v;
hey, fellow cryptid! :cool:
i feel you, i wanted a foresty autumnal town vaguely based on halloween and i'm super happy with my town name. cryptade sounds so cool, i'll have to check out your dream address :D
also, two of my dreamies (hans and drago) are based on cryptids i'm pretty sure??

Back