• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's the name of your town and why?

My town is called Achrome. It's based on a painting that is monochromatic. My town as well as all the villagers are supposed to be black and white ( no color ) :)

Mizukaen (Japanese)
mizu = water
kaen = flame
The word fire in Japanese is too long for a town name. :mad: But I really like the elements and those two are opposites but work together in my town of sorts. I don't really know how to word it, but it makes sense in my head lol

hey, fellow cryptid! :cool:
i feel you, i wanted a foresty autumnal town vaguely based on halloween and i'm super happy with my town name. cryptade sounds so cool, i'll have to check out your dream address :D
also, two of my dreamies (hans and drago) are based on cryptids i'm pretty sure??

OOOO NOICE! I originally planned for mine to be based in Autumn too but sometime in the summer at night there can be fireflies so I'm gonna base my DA during that time when I get far enough into development! My town is going to be a cryptid tourist spot!

And yes! Hans is based on a yeti I'm pretty sure, as for Drago I think he's might just be based on a normal dragon. But there's plenty of dragon cryptids so I think he'd still fit B) I would've had drago but I already have 2 other lazy villagers planned as well as another alligator

Starfall bc I like the idea of Shooting Stars and stuff. Also I wanted to make a Star Themed town so I chose that.

the town that i'm currently working with is called Sagano. i was looking for foresty town names on the internet since i really wanted to make my town zen and nature, and i ended up liking it quite a lot. the other one is called euphoria since the town is supposed to be based off my idea of a utopia.

kind of a funny/stupid story actually...

i had a lot of ideas for a pretty town name written down, and had a very hard time choosing. then i - i don't remember how - remembered my hobbit name that i created when i was like 12. rosamunda. i was like, ok, this is PERFECT. but it was... 1 character too long. curse acnl. but then i added luna to the end instead and thus, rosaluna was born! i'm in love with the name.

i also especially like it now, because i have a fascination with both space and plants/flowers, and it effectively combines the two.

i chose mistvale just because i was thinking up nature-y (leaf-, clover-, lily-, etc.) words and town-ish suffixes (-grove, -vale, -ton, etc.) and settled on mistvale. pretty simple but i like it

i chose mitaka for my second town's name because it's a studio ghibli town and the ghibli museum is located in mitaka, tokyo. i really do like this name because i loved the ghibli museum and it's not a stereotypical ghibli-town name

My town is called Nemuri, which means sleep, because the concept of the town is that it only exists when its mayor falls asleep.

I'm also working on a second town that's gonna be sort of an artsy hipster downtown thing, and that's gonna be called Junction.

My town is called Solitude.
It will only have red, pink, orange and yellow flowers. Warm-themed based with a hint of fairytale.
It's supposed to contrast with the often 'blue' or 'white' stigma attached to the name. :) (see what I did there?)

Last edited:
My first town is Olympus, because my mayor's name is based off a figure from greek mythology and also because I'm not creative with names. Second town is Sunshine - I wanted to make it look like an eerie town despite the name, but uhh seems like it's going in an actual happy/sunshiney direction..

My town is Gresham, and I named it such because that's the name of a city near where I live, but I also just love the name of it as well. It isn't anything too crazy and over-the-top for a town name, but it doesn't make the town sound as if it is just going to be a normal, uninteresting town, if that makes sense.

My town's name is Astoria--just a fun, elegant name that sounded like it could be a real town name!

My town's name is Chai. I like the name of it, because it is a cute name. Why I pick it because, it's based on sweet things & tea. :3

Mine's named Aria, after a kind of song. I named it that because A) it's also a pun on "area" and B) there's a Pokemon move called Sparkling Aria, the signature move of one of my favorite Pokemon, Primarina.

The names of my 3 towns are a bit odd since I named them after the flowers and themes in the towns. My first town is Foxton, which has pink, purple, and Black flowers, I named this one Foxton since the overall theme is cozy/gloomy, which is kinda like a Fox den so yeah... Second towns name is Holiday, there are only 2 flower colors here, blue and gold, meant to be a richy rich kind of town it's named Holiday since you usually spend money around the holidays (also the flowers bring on a cheery sort of mood). And finally my 3rd town Sunrise, this town has Orange, Yellow, White, and Red flowers and is eternally stuck at sunrise in spring, it's a fairly warm feeling town and it's full of preppy and snooty villagers (The towns also japanese) ?ω?

Moony
My nickname is Moony or Moonbyte on most pages (and I simply love the moon, period). There isn't really any deep meaning or thought processes behind it xD

Buuuut my flag is the night sky with a moon, my tune is the beginning of Claire de Lune from Debussy, my flowers are all white and I am working on get my whole town into a black-white Zen theme.

Last edited:
Back