• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

ways to lose tbt?

mythic

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Mint
Tasty Cake
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Jingle Christmas Doll
ok i just joined this site like 3 days ago and im really new to all of this stuff as a result, please bear with me! c:

so i looked at another thread mentioning this same thing and it said that the reason I 'lose' tbt is because im using an image uploader and it takes away my tbt because of it? I used imgur to get my image url/image address but im still confused...

what does the 'image uploader' mean? how do i avoid using it?

also are there other ways that tbt can be lost? i looked through my balance history and sometimes I see entries that say "spent 0.7 bells" or something like that but it doesn't state how or why I lost tbt?

i'm not sure about the image uploader stuff, but you can loose bells by editing posts. if the word "post" in the transaction history is slashed through it means you edited it. moderators and administrators can also take away your bells if you break the rules. maybe just upload the file straight from your computer to avoid any confusion

- - - Post Merge - - -

never mind, i was wrong!!

I see the issue! It looks like you're using the site uploader when posting photos, which charges 2 TBT bells per photo uploaded. To avoid this, just use an external hosting site like imgur and you can bypass the charge.

:)

i think what oblivia is saying is that if you post the picture straight from your computer, they charge you bells. so just upload your picture to imgur or something and you'll be fine

If you mean losing TBT by natural means, you can lose TBT by editing posts you posted or posting images via Attachment or Imgur. Both methods cost about 2 TBT per image, so your out of luck if you're trying to post images without losing TBT. it doesn't work that way.

You can also lose TBT if you break a rule, or have an "infraction" (See TBT rules here
HTML:
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?94559-The-Bell-Tree-Rules-amp-Guidelines
)

I'd like to clear up something that I see posted far too often. :p

You do not lose any TBT bells for merely editing your posts; what actually happens is an automatic recalculation of the earned bells depending on whether your new post (after the edit) is longer or shorter than the original. If it's longer, you'll gain back the bells you lost plus earn bells for the additional text, and if it's shorter, it'll calculate and redistribute a new total taking into account the lost text. If it's the same length, it'll show that bells were taken, but if you check your log again the system would have credited them back to you post-edit.

The only events where people actually lose bells are if they use the site photo uploader, are given an official warning or infraction, or if they're constantly shortening their posts. Occasionally we staff will have to manually wipe bells, but this is a relatively rare occurrence and the person is always notified when it happens.

You do not lose any TBT bells for merely editing your posts; what actually happens is an automatic recalculation of the earned bells depending on whether your new post (after the edit) is longer or shorter than the original. If it's longer, you'll gain back the bells you lost plus earn bells for the additional text, and if it's shorter, it'll calculate and redistribute a new total taking into account the lost text. If it's the same length, it'll show that bells were taken, but if you check your log again the system would have credited them back to you post-edit.

The only events where people actually lose bells are if they use the site photo uploader, are given an official warning or infraction, or if they're constantly shortening their posts. Occasionally we staff will have to manually wipe bells, but this is a relatively rare occurrence and the person is always notified when it happens.

Yeah I have a piping hot method of losing TBT if you're interested.

Ohhh ok thanks so much for your help, this all makes more sense to me.

if you get banned you will have 0 until you are unbanned

The only events where people actually lose bells are if they use the site uploader, are given an official warning or infraction, or if they're constantly shortening their posts. Occasionally we staff will have to manually wipe bells, but this is a relatively rare occurrence and the person is always notified when it happens.

thanks, oblivia! i seriously thought we lost a ton of bells whenever we edit posts :)

Back