• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia The Real Housewives of Mafia - Town Wins

okay toads has a frigging point i feel so stupid now

- - - Post Merge - - -

Medium is op esp faarobi has a lot of information

Nice job on faking that slip about Trundle with me waffles, I thought you were authentically tired of the game and didn't care anymore.

My arrogance didn't kill me, Waffles/Mog playing against their win con did.

Very impressed with Vanessa's play, if Kat wasn't around you would've gotten away with it too.

The real arrogance here is accusing mog of playing against her win condition: "You win when all hostile parties are eliminated and you kill everyone else." Having you dead was part of her win condition lol. Furthermore when Waffles knew she wouldn't win because of what everyone knew both town and mafia should have ignored her because that kind of player is nothing but an agent of chaos and it's where we all went wrong. She technically wasn't playing against her win condition either.

Nice job on faking that slip about Trundle with me waffles, I thought you were authentically tired of the game and didn't care anymore.

The real arrogance here is accusing mog of playing against her win condition: "You win when all hostile parties are eliminated and you kill everyone else." Having you dead was part of her win condition lol. Furthermore when Waffles knew she wouldn't win because of what everyone knew both town and mafia should have ignored her because that kind of player is nothing but an agent of chaos and it's where we all went wrong. She technically wasn't playing against her win condition either.

I'm not referring to her killing me, I'm referring to her not dousing waffles the following night

its hella scary how i got both informations (two parties)

I'm not referring to her killing me, I'm referring to her not dousing waffles the following night

If that's when mog played against her win condition then you can't blame her 'playing against win con' as a contribution to your demise because you were already dead when she supposedly played against her win condition. Which honestly just looks like defeatist vegging to me, not gamethrowing.

Also I think Waffles asking 'okay should we all vote Vanessa' and later saying he wants to mafside is reverse psychology to make remaining town think that Vanessa is probably town due to that.

Whoops :eyes:

If that's when mog played against her win condition then you can't blame her 'playing against win con' as a contribution to your demise because you were already dead when she supposedly played against her win condition. Which honestly just looks like defeatist vegging to me, not gamethrowing.
2 town, 1 mafia, 1 unjester, 1 arsonist.
In this scenario, town has lost if all roles are playing towards their win condition.
In this scenario, it's up for grabs which of arsonist and mafia win.

However, because mog gave up, town could just hunt mafia - which meant that both mafia and arsonist lost.

As far as my demise goes, that was solely waffles fault for outing me. Arguably, mafia shouldn't have told themselves to a third party, even one who gained nothing from outing them, but I digress.

Yeah but if the tp and mafia worked together to take town down before each other it would work if said tp was a SK, but given that maf can kill one day faster than arsonist the endgame would favor mafia over third party. idk if she ignited you anyways because she realized this or was just getting a roleblocker/strong voice out of the way but again, not gamethrowing lol.

Also she probably gave up because it was obvious that it was her due to the PM circle and process of elimination.

Yeah but if the tp and mafia worked together to take town down before each other it would work if said tp was a SK, but given that maf can kill one day faster than arsonist the endgame would favor mafia over third party. idk if she ignited you anyways because she realized this or was just getting a roleblocker/strong voice out of the way but again, not gamethrowing lol.

Also she probably gave up because it was obvious that it was her due to the PM circle and process of elimination.
Let me rephrase: I would not be salty if she won. I'm salty that she was not trying to win.

The fact that she was not trying to win meant that she was eliminated as a threat without any lynch power being used by town.

If she ignited me as a strategy to play towards her wincon rather than as a method to help town, I'd have thought it prudent.

Let me rephrase: I would not be salty if she won. I'm salty that she was not trying to win.

The fact that she was not trying to win meant that she was eliminated as a threat without any lynch power being used by town.

If she ignited me as a strategy to play towards her wincon rather than as a method to help town, I'd have thought it prudent.

Why would you be salty over that? Mog was an obstacle to mafia winning so her not working towards her wincon should've made that easier for you. Unluckily she doused all three mafia members which is a reason to be salty, but she would've had no idea about Heyden and to an extent, you.

Why would you be salty over that? Mog was an obstacle to mafia winning so her not working towards her wincon should've made that easier for you. Unluckily she doused all three mafia members which is a reason to be salty, but she would've had no idea about Heyden and to an extent, you.
To explain this in an intuitive way, I'm going to pose the scenario of 17 players, 3 mafia, 1 unjester.
This would be unbalanced in favour of town.
Now, what mog did resulted in worse than that - it resulted in town effectively having an additional blue role, as not only was she playing against her win condition, she was still actively using her power to help town.

To explain this in an intuitive way

vd4Nc8Y-s.jpg

Two things, at least regarding the end there:

1. Mafia was guaranteed lost pretty much at that point. The only chance mafia would have had to win there is if Vanessa advocated a mog lynch, which she primarily advocated a town lynch.
Town lynched:
1/1/2
Either: Vanessa kills town or Vanessa kills Waffles or Vanessa kills mog
__________0/1/2____________1/1/1______________1/1/1

Mog ignites Vanessa:
__________0/0/2____________ 1/0/1______________1/0/1

members left:
_________Arsonist___________Arsonist_____________Unjester
_________Unjester___________Townie _____________Townie

Winner:
_________Arsonist_________Arsonist/Unjester______Townie

2. At the end, the reason mog had for not playing towards her wincon was an ethical one. She said she felt like she hadn't given the game any effort since she made the mistake of revealing herself to Ness, and that she felt wrong just sweeping in and taking the win. Tbh I don't blame her, I'd feel bad doing that too. And from my understanding, when she ignited you, it was "ignite Abe or we lynch you tomorrow" iirc. She told me that she wished she would have been able to douse another person but yeah that threat's gonna stick lol.

Two things, at least regarding the end there:

1. Mafia was guaranteed lost pretty much at that point. The only chance mafia would have had to win there is if Vanessa advocated a mog lynch, which she primarily advocated a town lynch.
Town lynched:
1/1/2
Either: Vanessa kills town or Vanessa kills Waffles or Vanessa kills mog
__________0/1/2____________1/1/1______________1/1/1

Mog ignites Vanessa:
__________0/0/2____________ 1/0/1______________1/0/1

members left:
_________Arsonist___________Arsonist_____________Unjester
_________Unjester___________Townie _____________Townie

Winner:
_________Arsonist_________Arsonist/Unjester______Townie

2. At the end, the reason mog had for not playing towards her wincon was an ethical one. She said she felt like she hadn't given the game any effort since she made the mistake of revealing herself to Ness, and that she felt wrong just sweeping in and taking the win. Tbh I don't blame her, I'd feel bad doing that too. And from my understanding, when she ignited you, it was "ignite Abe or we lynch you tomorrow" iirc. She told me that she wished she would have been able to douse another person but yeah that threat's gonna stick lol.
1. I mean sure, once Vanessa claimed. Prior to Vanessa claiming, she had the option of lynch mog -> kill town at night -> force nl with waffles -> kill waffles.
Since mog gave up, this wasn't a viable strategy - but had mog not, this would've been one.
2. I already understand that from her point of view, this is the reason she did what she did, but she clearly didn't understand that by giving up herself, she actually impacted the balance of the game. (4 town threats down to 3)

As for mog being lynched if she didn't ignite me, the strategy I posed to her was that she didn't ignite me, doused waffles, then claimed to have been roleblocked. This would've set her towards her win condition and if anyone was going to get lynched from it, it would've been me.
However, like I've said before, if she chose to ignore that plan on the basis that she thought she had a better chance if she killed me, that would've been fine. But that's not why she ignited me. She ignited me because she'd given up, and was trying to end the game faster.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Addendum: Mog wouldn't have even necessarily ignited at night if she'd decided Vanessa was town.

Addendum: Mog wouldn't have even necessarily ignited at night if she'd decided Vanessa was town.
Yeah I'm pretty sure this is true. Mog told me she had been planning on dousing me for some time, I bet she would've doused me N2 had she not been roleblocked. So I was actually kind of already doomed for some time because she believed I was scum, otherwise I possibly could've won

Back