• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia The Real Housewives of Mafia - Town Wins

toadsworthy

Tangsworthy
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1777-6372-7112
White Star Fragment
Yellow Star Fragment
White Star Fragment
Yellow Star Fragment
White Star Fragment
Dreamy Party Popper
Christmas Gold Candy
Weird Doll
Christmas Gold Candy
New Year's Party Popper
swxFfWC.png

Game Setup

-Outside of Thread Communication
THIS IS A PM GAME AND OUTSIDE COMMUNICATION IS ALLOWED. For now the only outside communication allowed is through TBT PMs. Discord is not allowed because not everyone has discord and we need to be fair. If everyone does have it and agrees to use discord, then it will be added and announced. Mafia rules apply to outside communication as well. Reporting of this is by a person-to-person basis, please let me know if someone breaks these rules in outside communication.
-Activity
You must contribute one substantial post at least once every full day/night cycle. This means that if you only make one post, it needs to be more substantial than simply saying "I agree" or "RIP". If you post multiple times, this rule may may be less strict. There may be exceptions to this if day/night phases progress rapidly at any stage in the game.
-Day/Night Cycle
Days will be 47 hours long, with nights at 23 hours. Day/Night cycles will end at 9:59PM (no actions timestamped 10 will be accepted), and results will be posted in the hour following End of Cycle. The thread will be locked when the phase is over. Day/Night cycles may be sped up later in the game.
-Replacements
This game will use replacements until day 3. Any rule-breakers/inactives will be modkilled afterwards
This is a closed setup. Rolenames are unique, but have no correlation to their roles.

Basics of Mafia

Basics/Credits
Be warned - Mafia requires a time commitment. This generally depends on the player, but at minimum, 30 minutes a day of solid effort is required. As part of the time commitment, Mafia requires a great deal of reading. Most people are actually quite poor at reading comprehension and playing Mafia is a great way to improve your reading ability, as well as your writing and ability to think and argue logically. In addition, Mafia is not for the faint-hearted or overly emotional. While not occurring every game, sometimes people can get into very heated arguments with one another. People can get very emotional playing Mafia, as it is a high-intensity endeavor. That being said, playing Mafia is an excellent way to develop thick skin, improve your patience, and make yourself a stronger person mentally.

In it's most basic form, Mafia is a game of 2 teams: Uninformed Majority vs. Informed Minority, otherwise known as Town vs. Mafia. The Town doesn't know who each other are or what eachother's roles are; only their own. The Mafia are informed from the start of the game as to who they are and who their team mates are.

The Town's win condition is achieved through killing all the mafia through voting during the day. Everyone is given 1 vote, including the mafia. Whomever has the most votes during the day is lynched, and out of the game forever. There is only one catch: The town members only know their own role, not anyone elses. So, the town needs to determine who to trust and who not to trust by reading into a player's motives.

The Mafia's wincondition is to survive until they equal or outnumber the town. This is achieved by killing players at night. The Mafia's kill per night ratio is determined by the number of mafians divided by 2 rounded up.

General Mafia Rules

Cheating includes (but is not limited to):
1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
2. Ruining the game by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM timings to try and work out roles.
5. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host without permission.
6. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
7. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
8. Offering favours/items/bells outside of the game for a ingame information.
9. Sharing accounts with other players.
10. Breadcrumbing the specific phrasing of your role PM. Do not compare the phrasing in your role PM to prove your alignment. You can claim the abilities you have, but you can't use the specific phrasing of your role PM.
11. Posting a false PM phrased as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.
You may paraphrase your role and PM, but no posting specific phrasing or flavor text from the PM itself. Break this and you will be mod killed.
Mod Font: This game is hosted by Toadsworthy
This is the mod color. It is reserved for the host. Please do not use it, as the host will answer questions and make announcements in it
Question Font:
This is the question color. Use it to ask the host questions about the rules in public. You can also PM me.
- Spamming the thread is not allowed. Strategic spam is acceptable, within reason.
- You must contribute one substantial post at least once every full day/night cycle(being inactive for a night phase then day phase also counts). This means that if you only make one post, it needs to be more substantial than simply saying "I agree" or "RIP". If you post multiple times, this rule may may be less strict. There may be exceptions to this if day/night phases progress rapidly at any stage in the game. You also must vote at least once every two days. Please be on your best behavior during this game to avoid being banned.
- Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be modkilled.
- Mafia games can get heated and emotional. Please keep it civil and remember that what happens in Mafia stays in Mafia.
-Observers' Chat: While dead players will be keen to give valuable "insight" into the game, please refrain from revealing game-changing information (eg. the identities of your fellow Mafia). If enough people request a spoiled obs, I will create a separate obs that has the entire rolelist posted in it.
-Play to win: You should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game.

Voting

This game uses plurality lynch. Whoever has the most amount of votes by the end of the day will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the person first to reach the amount of votes will be lynched. You must vote at least once every two days or be modkilled. Voting but not posting at all will not spare you from a modkill. If a majority is reached before half of the day has expired, a lynch will occur immediately.

You may vote for yourself. You may vote for no lynch. You must vote for an alive player in the game. Joke votes(ex. Voting for the host or people not playing) is tolerated, as long as it is not excessive and annoying after a while.

You vote in the following format ##VOTE: USERNAME. To unvote, simply type ##UNVOTE in the voting thread. Voting thread will be separate.

Last edited:
Player List

PandaDarling Lynched Day 4 - Kyle the Townie
SensaiGallade Killed Night 5 - Yolanda the Messenger
VanessaMay18 Lost at Endgame - Melissa the Godfather
Mogyay Lost at Endgame - LeAnn the Arsonist
Zendel Won at Endgame - Lisa the Vanilla Townie
Farobi Killed Night 1 - Ramona the Detective
Ness Killed Night 3 - Phaedra the Medium
AmazonEvan19 Killed Night 2 - Sonja the Vanilla Townie
Arstotzkan Won at Endgame - the Vanilla Townie
PunchyDaHufflepuff Lynched Day 1 - D'Andra the Townie
Dedenne2 Lynched Day 2 - Brandi the Townie
ITookYourWaffles Won at Endgame - the Vanilla Townie
Endless Killed Night 3 - Tamra the Roleblocker
Heyden Lynched Day 3 - Luann the Mafia Doublevoter
Dad Killed Night 4 - Nene the Jailkeeper
Dolby Killed Night 2 - Caroline the Townie
Chele Trundler Lynched Day 5 - Kenya the Townie
Glow Killed Night 1 - Teresa the Bus Driver

Replacements
Trundle, byngo

Observers
Xcleb, Seroja, Ryumia, Tom

Day/Night Cycles

Day 1 Night 1
Day 2 Night 2
Day 3 Night 3
Day 4

Announcements​
-Please refresh yourselves with the rules of a PM game and the difference between standard set-ups above
-Observers chat will be reserved only for players not in the game from the start. Dead players will not be added until further notice
Check out my previous games to understand how I run things. PM me on Discord or here if you have concerns. While wording of past roles and situations will be similar, know that anything is subject to change as I grow and develop my skills as a host. Using host meta for a read is not illegal, but its poor play bro.
- I reserve the right to reject anyone from signing up for this game.
- WOTC is in effect, PM/DM me if you would like to use this power.

Last edited:
I'm gonna go ahead and start sign ups... the three people ahead of me told me I could go, all three hardly ever post in the discord or on TBT. I know we need to wait for Tina, but it took 4 days for me to hear from them and sign-ups need to a long time to drum up excitement. If someone has exams or will be significantly less busy in the next few days, post with your sign up

I'm not keeping up with the Joneses, I am the Joneses.

Player List

1. PandaDarling
2. SensaiGallade
3. Vanessamay18
4. mogyay
5. Zendel
6. Farobi
7. Ness
8. amazonevan19
9. arstotzkan

Replacements
Trundle

Day/Night Cycles

Announcements​
-Please refresh yourselves with the rules of a PM game and the difference between standard set-ups above
-Observers chat will be reserved only for players not in the game from the start. Dead players will not be added until further notice
Check out my previous games to understand how I run things. PM me on Discord or here if you have concerns. While wording of past roles and situations will be similar, know that anything is subject to change as I grow and develop my skills as a host. Using host meta for a read is not illegal, but its poor play bro.
- I reserve the right to reject anyone from signing up for this game.
- WOTC is in effect, PM/DM me if you would like to use this power.
Am I in?

/in

hopefully i wont go full lazy ass mode

Back