• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Campsite Invitation

Luke Vander

The Man
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Jingle Christmas Doll
Sorry if this is obvious, but how do you get villagers to want to move in from the Campsite? I have slots open but they always say they can't leave their hometown. Does it have something to do with the villager saying they are moving out? Or just bad luck?

You have to talk to the villager in the campsite enough times and beat them in whatever mini-game they challenge you to. Once you do that they'll mention that they'd like to move into your town if you'll have them.

That's at least how it used to work. If it has changed since the release of the Welcome Amiibo update, I have no idea what those changes would be.

The only thing that comes to mind is if you have 10 villagers currently and the 10th villager has not yet moved out despite planning to. In that case you are out of luck.

Last edited:
When you say you have slots open I'm assuming you mean you don't have the max amount of villagers already in your town, right ? If that's what you mean then just keep at it is the best advice I can give you lol, some campers will say yes right away but others may take a loong time, it's happened to me but they eventually agreed after a game of charades

I've heard that going into the tent (or igloo at this time of year) with no bells or items that they might want to buy off of you can expedite the process but I've never tried that so idk about that for sure..

Either way good luck !!!

When you say you have slots open I'm assuming you mean you don't have the max amount of villagers already in your town, right ? If that's what you mean then just keep at it is the best advice I can give you lol, some campers will say yes right away but others may take a loong time, it's happened to me but they eventually agreed after a game of charades

I've heard that going into the tent (or igloo at this time of year) with no bells or items that they might want to buy off of you can expedite the process but I've never tried that so idk about that for sure..

Either way good luck !!!

Yeah, that's also a thing. Don't have anything in your inventory that they might want to purchase from you because that lowers the chances of them playing the game with you that will allow you to invite them to your town.

I don't remember ever playing a game with my old Shep or Skye from the campsite. I talked to them until they bought up the idea, I think.

I don't remember ever playing a game with my old Shep or Skye from the campsite. I talked to them until they bought up the idea, I think.

It might be an issue where beating them in the game isn't mandatory but simply increases the chances of their agreeing to move in.

Just keep trying, they'll say yes eventually. Pashmina was a campsite villager for me and she was super stubborn. It's not uncommon to be rejected a bunch.

Just keep trying, they'll say yes eventually. Pashmina was a campsite villager for me and she was super stubborn. It's not uncommon to be rejected a bunch.

Same, just keep asking, have no items or bells so they wont ask for anything or want you to buy stuff. I usually say no if they want to play a game to which if I win they move in, it just takes time and patience. Keep saying they should move in and it should be fine.

Back