Are You Violent/Can You Be Violent?

When I get really upset I throw my clothes and pillows on the floor (nothing hard that would break/cause damage), occasionally slam doors but not hard enough to break and also (kind of) hit my fist against the wall but again, nothing super hard.

I could never bring myself to physically hurt another person.
(although there are times where I playfully hit my friends but even then it's never hard enough to cause any serious pain)

I was a violent child. I didn't have the best childhood and as such I had alot of issues that I just didn't know how to deal with and I took my problems and feelings out on others. I hurt everyone, even my friends. I'd push, pull, bite, scratch, hit, throw things, slam doors etc. I don't condone any of that behavior now of course and I've since changed as I grew up. Though there was a time in my teen years where I turned violent on myself (burning and cutting) before I fully stopped all together.

I'll admit I still have violent thoughts, ones that I sometimes do want to act on in the moment. Every time I start thinking that way though I just get out of the situation in anyway possible and go for a walk or watch a video or whatever. Just anything to calm me down and pull me out of it. I still tend to yell alot when mad/upset and say mean things but it's something I'm working on and trying to control.

Yes but I'm better now. I was bullied and hit often as a child and it turned into rage at the adolescence, I mostly destroyed walls, doors, things and threw all furniture through the window but I also hit a few people as well. Of course I was not very proud of that and I felt stupid when it was the time to repair everything. I'm okay now but I still don't trust me, I can take a lot and I'm not easily provoked but who knows what I could do if angered, like if my neighbor kills my dog or something like that, I might as well set his house on fire, it scares me. My brother is like me, he's rather nice and patient, never yell but when someone robbed him, he beat the thief to the point where the guy was on his knees asking for forgiveness. My brother was also abused as a child.

Last edited:
I'm too used to physical violence as my father was the one for it. There wasn't a day my mother didn't have bruises and scars at her body parts where it's hidden beneath the clothes. It was my everyday to cry and beg him to please stop beating her or else she'd die, while trying to cover her back with my own body, both crouching down on the floor and dirty with blood. When the target was me only, what I said against him was always like this, "Beat me all you like. You can dominate my body, but you can't dominate my soul", and got beaten more, haha. I'm pretty hard temper.
What was more hard was that he was a famous surgeon. They told me to not tell anyone what's going on inside home. I obeyed, since I knew if I ask for help to people outside family he'd lose his "customers" and we'll be broke. I was A+ student at school, and kept acting as an excellent daughter from a wealthy family. I was lonely.
Seems like these things affected me to be having magma inside me. It was always unleashed inwards, to myself, not to people or stuff outwards. I have 3 sisters by the way, and all of them tried to kill themselves involving me when we were younger.

So, maybe due to these things, I grew up to be pretty patient. I'd never say I'm not violent, but actually I'm not physically violent. I'm more violent/offensive with words when I'm really upset, which actually only gets invoked when, well, y'know, the one who I'm with cheated on me. Those times I know I'm furious like a mad dog from the hell. I had an ex who got paranoid from my words of anger and accusing him. Isn't it one form of violence?

No it?s not really my first instinct to be physically violent when I?m angry

I have a very short temper. However, I would never harm anyone. What really happens is that I lose control of my ability to hold back being vocal about what is bothering me. Regardless of whether or not it is a smart thing to do or not. I was lucky that I was such a hard worker at my last job, otherwise I'm pretty sure I would have been on thin ice for exploding during a meeting once. lol

Yeah I'll punch u watchout b

I can believe that...

As for me, I've never really been violent that I can recall, it's just not in my nature to intentionally do anything to hurt someone physically unless I'm protecting another or defending myself. I've only really been in one or two fights, and both were way back when I was maybe age 9-11 in summer camp. These kids think physical fights are the answer to everything. I was the quiet one, the hell did I do lol.

But the only real time I can remember me actually STARTING a fight was against my little brother, who we later found out he has hyper ADHD. We're polar opposites, so I was an easy target. He'd use me as a punching bag and outlet for years, til I finally snapped. But that's about it.

I could be, but only to protect other people. A couple months ago, I was home alone with my boyfriend when my abusive ex pulled up at my house in his pickup truck with a couple of friends, asking for my boyfriend to come out. I immediately ran back inside, slammed the door, and locked it. A few minutes later, he was banging at my window and I was scared ****less. He was yelling and cursing and I was so tempted to go out there and injure him, but didn’t because I knew that if I did, I’d stoop down to his level.

Last edited:
I’m very violent at times... my brother and sister got beaten up by my parents and since I was younger back then, I got hit with a sharp stick. Nowadays, whenever my dad in particular tries to beat me now, I always have the motivation to defend myself and hit him back.
I’m not a child anymore, and I won’t tolerate domestic violence

I’m not usually violent unless someone attacks me. If it’s verbal, I argue back better at them, and if it’s physical, my martial arts comes into play.

I don't condone violence in any way, nor will I ever. I'm too soft to hurt other people, and when I see any act of violence going on I kinda go into a high-adrenaline mode and do a flight-response thing.

And I guess one of my problems is that if I were to be attacked, I would probably get hurt really badly because I honestly couldn't defend myself. My parents never taught me street smarts so I'm pretty much doomed to be a victim in a situation of violence. .-.

Back