• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are You Violent/Can You Be Violent?

moonford

moon boi
Peach 🍑
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Ruby
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Leif
We all have are moments of rage but would you ever go so far as to hit something or someone? Many people do have this problem and those people need support to better themselves to be healthier mentally and to prevent harm to others wellbeing.

If you are violent/were violent how do you/did you deal with your violent tendencies?

No. Even if I did try to hurt someone, it wouldn't be very effective because I'm a wimp.

i dont think i am at least. i dont ever resort to violence, but i think if i had to i could stand up for myself

I definitely was as a kid and got into many, many fistfights starting at the age of 6 or so. It all culminated in a really brutal situation where I injured a girl to the point where she spent 2 days in the hospital. This was when I was a teenager.

Let me first say that I absolutely don't condone this type of behavior at all and am more than happy to talk to anyone who has thoughts of hurting others to try and help them find healthier ways of dealing with their anger. I was raised in a very violent environment and had a lot I needed to work through, so I guess I wasn't above learning by example when it came to this type of thing. Thinking it would help with my discipline, my mom enrolled me in various martial arts classes, and while I really enjoyed it I can't say it helped with the issues.

As an adult, I've come to realize exactly how unhealthy it is to physically take out your anger on another person, and this is something you should never do unless as a means of self-defense. I guess one good thing that came from all of this is that I spent a year teaching a women's self-defense and fitness class where we focused on submission breaks, grappling, krav maga, and cardio conditioning, as whether I like it or not fighting is something I excel at and I firmly believe everyone should have the skills to defend themselves in a critical situation. I've also maintained an intense workout regimen that's helped immensely when it comes to keeping me grounded and allowing me to blow off steam in a positive way.

I don't know. Knowing you inflicted bodily harm on another person can weigh pretty heavily on you for years after the fact. I mean it when I say that anyone feeling angry to the point of wanting to hit someone else is welcome to message me and I'll do my best to help!

no. it just isn't really in my nature. i guess i'd only resort to violence if i really had to, like if i was saving someone's/my own life, for example.

no, im not very strong so when my family used to beat me up physically i had to find other ways to fight back with my anger like putting toothpaste in people's shoes, coloring on my brothers erasers to mess up whatever he was writing if he erased, etc. ive honestly been mad at people outside my family only once, and even then i didnt use physical violence cause i know my place

Unless people really don't listen or provoke me on purpose multiple times I don't really do that, no. Like, obviously not harming them in any way but if people think it that's fun to ignore me or provoke and it's the only way to keep em off, what can you do but hit them somewhere so they lose their provoking focus.

I try to ignore such asshats but.. you get the point, I don't use it really unless it's like my mom being a ****er lol.

Last edited:
i have pretty violent mood swings, but i'm not exactly a violent person, well maybe, i have in the past thought about murdering this one person in my life who, trust me, deserves it
i'll never go as far as to kill someone (even if it was in self defense i would probably still feel guilty about it) things will always stay in my head
i'm very aggressive towards people who try to annoy me, but instead of getting a reaction they wanted they get wary and back off and never do it again
it's kind of weird because on the inside i'm a huge softie who just has a fiery shell that's incredibly hard to crack and see through

no not at all i dont get into any kinds of fights tbh

when i was younger i got into physical fights a few times but i was way worse at dealing w/ anger then because of emotional immaturity and all that and most of the time the other person would start by hitting or scratching me and i'd hit them back

admittedly yeah. due to unfortunate high-stress situations at home I used to lash out a lot when I was younger (spill out all my toys, throw pillows, etc). I still get pretty easily irritated but don't express it as often, outletting my stress by doing something stimulating (in the summer I started running ahah)

i can be violent but it's never particularly malicious. i've never hurt anyone seriously and it was more out of annoyance than anger, and it was because i didn't know how else to tell someone that i didn't like what they were saying (and i was like 13 and under). i don't do that anymore, though. especially a couple years ago i dealt with violent thoughts/urges but never acted upon anything, and they've since gone away. it's definitely not healthy to physically harm yourself or others as an emotional response.

I think when I was a kid I could be slightly violent towards others if they really annoyed me. I used to be extremely irritable as a child, and sometimes if a friend would really annoy me I might've slapped/punched or even thrown something at them. I never came anywhere close to seriously hurting someone, but I guess it was enough for the other person to feel a little bit hurt.

Nowadays though I'm chill, can handle my anger better and would never lash out violently.

I get real angry real fast when I'm manic, so I can start to yell (does that count as violent?). But sometimes I hit my friends compulsively for no real reason. I try not to hit too hard, but sometimes I do hurt them. Of course, they know I'm joking around.

Only toward myself. I'd have meltdowns and hit, bite, scratch, cut myself. It's happened less with age.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Nope. I just dissociate.

That too

Last edited:
Back