• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The funniest thing you have done on New Leaf?

mintmaple

Andrea
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
6326-8063-7035
Island
Rose Mint
April Birthstone (Diamond)
White Pansy
Father's Day Carnation
Red Rose
Mint
Tasty Cake
Mailbox
User Title Color Change
Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Hello! So I was wondering, what is the funniest thing you have done on New Leaf?

I remember doing lots of funny things on the game. However, the one I remember the most is downloading an app that allowed you to use images from your device or the internet, to create a pattern on the game (as it would then convert it to QR) I got really excited. So I decided as a joke, to make a pattern with Maple's face on and I put it up for display in Able Sisters! (I love Maple and back then I didn't have her in my town! Only on Wild World...)

Here are some pictures of my villagers from about 3-4 years ago wearing Maple's face as a t-shirt! :D xD

HNI_0005.JPGHNI_0041.JPGHNI_0098.JPG

That's awesome! ^_^

I think the funniest thing I've done, was plant a LOT of pitfall seeds outside Wolfgang's house, and just watched as he woke up, opened his door, and fell down every single one! ^_^

Making all of my villagers call me senpai as a nickname. Makes dialogue way funnier for me x)

Probably gave my villager weird phrases and greeting when they ask for them. And that you can go around the censor if you make them say some bad things in Portuguese XD (Didn't think it would work with the thing I made them say because it's kinda close to Spanish but I don't think they ever did an official PT translation of the game.. seem very few actually that does for 3ds aside for Sm4sh and maybe something else.

Oh, how could I forget the other day.
SO embarrassing!

I scanned in an RV card, and when I went in, I sat on a zen chair, or something small like that. The dude was on one side of me, and there was furniture on the other side.

I was trapped!
I tried to wriggle free, but got that goofy sound, and that goofy look that goes with it, when you can't get off your chair.

25 minutes.
Trapped in an RV!

I had done too much to turn it off without saving, so I sat, a captive audience, in that freaking little zen chair. :-/

LOL

Last edited:
This thing back in 2014:

77c3b9ed-f9dd-4b6a-ad6c-c22fc536ba54.jpg
df053bc2-922e-4a11-8a39-40a2f28b432e.jpg
5a35a391-3761-4eb5-9bf3-de1dc4b0c486.jpg

I turned the game off without saving after this, so they don't remember that happening.

Oh, how could I forget the other day.
SO embarrassing!

I scanned in an RV card, and when I went in, I sat on a zen chair, or something small like that. The dude was on one side of me, and there was furniture on the other side.

I was trapped!
I tried to wriggle free, but got that goofy sound, and that goofy look that goes with it, when you can't get off your chair.

25 minutes.
Trapped in an RV!

I had done too much to turn it off without saving, so I sat, a captive audience, in that freaking little zen chair. :-/

LOL

Why didn't you press start and save & quit? You wouldn't have lost anything then.

I once accidentally fed Rooney a Rotten Peach. I honestly felt really bad about it but he forgave me, so now all I can do is laugh about it.

Oh! I also once played really late at night, (like 3am) and had a little celebration for a Public Works Project. Isabelle thanked everyone there but,, I was the only one who showed up.

Last edited:
Why didn't you press start and save & quit? You wouldn't have lost anything then.

Because I hadn't ordered the furniture from the RV, and I feel compelled to say hello to every villager, every time I load the game. If I don't, they act like I've been MIA for a decade. I didn't want to do that all over again. :-/

- - - Post Merge - - -

you can't save in an RV

That too! ^_^

Last edited:
made an osmosis jones shirt and used its pattern to decorate my sisters house.
sadly she erased the game file so its gone T.T

but man was it funny XD

When I trapped all of my villagers in the fence pwp and fell in a pitfall seed that I didn't see. Cheri, who was talking to Punchy used the laugh emotion at the same time. Karma?

When I trapped all of my villagers in the fence pwp and fell in a pitfall seed that I didn't see. Cheri, who was talking to Punchy used the laugh emotion at the same time. Karma?

LOL!
I Love Cherry. I have her in my town. ^_^

In an old save file, Spork asked me to change his catch phrase. So I changed to "Hail Satan". Then it caught on with the other villagers.

Last edited:
Because I hadn't ordered the furniture from the RV, and I feel compelled to say hello to every villager, every time I load the game. If I don't, they act like I've been MIA for a decade. I didn't want to do that all over again. :-/

- - - Post Merge - - -

That too! ^_^

Actually you can save and quit in rvs. I just tried, I have Blanca’s RV, went in sat in the chair, saved and quit.

Actually you can save and quit in rvs. I just tried, I have Blanca’s RV, went in sat in the chair, saved and quit.

I never thought to try. As I said, I didn't want to load my game again, and say hello to all the villagers again. :(

I never thought to try. As I said, I didn't want to load my game again, and say hello to all the villagers again. :(

For next time just remember! Saving and quiting Won't make your villagers scream at you as long as you, of course, talked to them before saving and quiting as long as you, also of course, talk to them within a week

For next time just remember! Saving and quiting Won't make your villagers scream at you as long as you, of course, talked to them before saving and quiting as long as you, also of course, talk to them within a week

Mine act like they haven't seen me, if I TT a couple of hours. Wolfgang "Well, I'm glad to see you're surviving" O_O

Dude.. you saw me TEN MINUTES ago! LOL

Mine act like they haven't seen me, if I TT a couple of hours. Wolfgang "Well, I'm glad to see you're surviving" O_O

Dude.. you saw me TEN MINUTES ago! LOL
That's just a normal greeting fyi

Back