• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Books You Would Like To Read?

moonford

moon boi
Peach 🍑
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Ruby
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Leif
After watching the 1990's series years ago and the most recent adaption of the book...I think it's about time to fully read IT...get it? I know a lot of details about the book, I must say that it is demented and truly horrific. The adaptions representations of the book were really holding back on what really went down in terms of narrative, which is an unfortunate relief. Unfortunate, because films are intended to show the full extent of an Author's creativity in their story, a relief because oh my actual glob it would scar!

I question what Stephen King's mental stability was like when he wrote IT, then I remember his other books.

He has such a unique, dark, funny and wonderful mind.

Another book I'm interested in reading would be Dame Agatha Christie's "Murder on The Orient Express". The book is a murder-mystery which revolves around several suspects who may have committed the murder on the express. It's something that I find interesting because the book focuses on the characters thoughts and intentions in the present rather than the past, or so it seems.

I'll also be getting a book called "Moonrise" which was written by Irish Author Sarah Crossan. The thing that intrigues me about this book would be the bond between the two brothers, who stick by each other no matter which is something I will never have so; an understanding of what it's like to have such a strong relationship with a sibling would be nice and help me possibly appreciate people more I suppose. The plot is vivid and it pulls me in because of the reality that many people had faced, something I want to experience for more understanding.

If you can't tell I'm really into psychology; cannibalism, murders, psychopath narratives and sociopath narratives grasp my attention because I lack the understanding of what they experience and why they experience the burdens or evil they have/do. I am generally apathetic which is kind of scary, it's as if my mind switches between being somewhat empathic and completely apathetic; there is rarely an in-between, maybe my interest in psychology has a lot to do with this and I'm looking at terrible people to make myself feel better lol. I'm not a sadist btw, I just rarely care about people with no malice for them whatsoever. Very strange, so...what books do you guys want to read whenever you get the chance?

- - - Post Merge - - -

When a post about books becomes a post about me being possibly crazy.

For now, definitely the poetry by Jos? Saramago, although those are not translated into English yet as far as I know (if anyone knows better feel free to link to a store or stuff as long as it is legal). I really love his novels that I've read and his poetry seems hella interesting too.

Wish I knew better Portuguese man >.>

Also yeah, some of Ryu Murakami's things. I've only found like, 2 books of his around here so might just splurge and order somewhere. Also still need to read some stuff by Yukio Mishima.

My Friend Dahmer. I think I'm getting it for Christmas, but I don't know. I also want to read the Jurassic Park novels.
I wouldn't mind reading the later Pokemon manga(s?). I've only read the Generation One ones.

the book i want to read the most is war and peace. my attention span hasn't been the greatest lately, so i'm probably going to have to wait until after i graduate before i try to read it. in general, though, i just want to read more lgbt novels -- either books written by lgbt authors or books with lgbt main characters.

I am really feeling Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson as that has been the high fantasy series for me lately. Just soooo good.

As a side note the author was the one who finished the Wheel of Time after the original author passed away so you know he's good.

I feel like every time I’m looking for a book to read, I always forget what books I’ve been meaning to read!! The book It is definitely weird. I have to be honest, usually I’m one of those that prefers the book to the movie, but I definitely preferred the recent movie to the book where It is concerned. The book was just a little too strange for my taste

The last book I've read was the biography. That was "Churchill: A life" by Martin Gilbert.
And now I wanna read "Steve Jobs" by Walter Isaacson. It seems that I really like this genre. I know there are a lot of popular autobiographies, as that one written by Anne Frank or George Orwell. But writing the autobiography is something odd to me. I remember that we had a task at the college to write an essay about yourself, 500 words minimum. I wasted 2 days, until I found a resource with college papers online, to get it done. Good to me that worked. It is interesting to read the bios of famous people, but I think that the most catchy stories written by the experienced writers, not by the people themselves unless they are the writers.

I read IT shortly before the release of the film last year. And I gotta say, I effing LOVED it! The best parts about the novel were the Losers' and the "human monsters". The characterizations and descriptions of the history of Derry were amazing.

I finished The Dark Tower series, also by Stephen King, right before tackling IT. Now THAT is a story that has a little bit of everything and it's so genre-bending. Definitely has horror elements, but I'd say it's closer to a sci-fi/fantasy/western.

I'm planning on starting Ready Player One soonish, too. I've heard excellent things, and I'd like to read the novel before seeing the movie.

Last edited:
A Song of Ice and Fire, and the Outlander series.
I'm longsighted so reading is difficult.

Oh man, I was wanting to read ?One if us is lying?.

It?s summary:
?Pay close attention and you might solve this.
On Monday afternoon, five students at Bayview High walk into detention.
Bronwyn, the brain, is Yale-bound and never breaks a rule.
Addy, the beauty, is the picture-perfect homecoming princess.
Nate, the criminal, is already on probation for dealing.
Cooper, the athlete, is the all-star baseball pitcher.
And Simon, the outcast, is the creator of Bayview High?s notorious gossip app.

Only, Simon never makes it out of that classroom. Before the end of detention Simon's dead. And according to investigators, his death wasn?t an accident. On Monday, he died. But on Tuesday, he?d planned to post juicy reveals about all four of his high-profile classmates, which makes all four of them suspects in his murder. Or are they the perfect patsies for a killer who?s still on the loose?

Everyone has secrets, right? What really matters is how far you would go to protect them.?

And omg I am SO glad my husband really does listen to me and remembers the books I want to read cause he surprised me with it yesterday claiming it as an ?early Valentine?s Day gift? :D so I?ve been hooked ever since! My husband dislikes reading but he loves hearing me read or talk about it. He?s hooked on too :) I try not to make a list of books I want to read because then I end up not getting them. I like to buy books when I see them or else I slowly lose interest. Plus I have A LOT of manga on my ?reading? list lol XD

Well I am catching up on Destiny lore/grimoire, and am trying to find a hard copy somewhere,
but will be hard because of licensing.

All the other books I want to read I've recently found <3

Back