2017 Reflections Thread

My personal 2017 has been a mixed bag.

2017 in general, in terms of issues affecting the world, has been an awful hellscape and that has been affecting me on the personal level in the way of bouts of high stress and anxiety. This was at its apex around February and early March, but this ironically led to me finally meeting my best friend on the Internet that I've known for around 8 years in person for the first time. Those were a few of the best days of my life and for as awful as this year has been, that definitely puts some points into 2017's favor on the micro scale. Other than that, it's been a pretty similar year to the past few years: tough. I feel like I've matured a bit mentally. Even though, on the macro scale, I figure 2018 will be a horrendous year for the world that will probably be worse than 2017 has been, I intend to do my best to make my own personal next year a more positive one.

2017 was my last year in college... it?s weird to look back at it (I?m not gonna lie: I hated every second of it, haha). But I got the job I always wanted now, so I guess it was worth the hassle in the end.

But yeah I hope 2018 will be better, and than I get either a job or at least work practice/internship somewhere c:

Hate to be the pessimist here, but 2017 was pretty much the worst year of my life.
To put it shortly...
- Lost my Dad on Valentines Day <3
- Lost my cat, my Dad's best friend
- My grandparents moved into a care home
- Boyfriend who was one of the only things keeping me tethered to reality broke up with me (i completely deserved it tbh tho)
- I lost the majority of my friends
- Psychiatrist appointments - pretty much diagnosed with a mental illness. I feel like **** 24/7 :')

So yeah. Hoping 2018 will be better, aha

Last edited:
2017 was probably the biggest year for me so far. I changed so much as a person but I still feel like I'm at the same place I was last year. At the start of the year I finally made friends and grew more out of my shell. My anxiety got better and I was happy with a group of people I felt like I belonged with. I got a boyfriend for the first time in October. We broke up the next month and I ended up losing all my friends as well. I've moved schools now but I feel as alone as I did last year. I've matured and I've grown and changed so much but I'm still in the same place. Life really sucks rn.

i've had my ups and downs this year.

reconnected with my best friend and hung out like all the time, had a decent job, my anxiety was low
but then i moved out of state and can no longer hang with my friend and can't find a job so the year is ending on a low

but here's to next year!

Back