• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Any tips for landscaping :)?

FuwaKiwi

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Hello there :)
After my New2DS broke, I thought all my datas are lost, so my main town Akkala, which was purchased digital, and I started a second town at my cartridge. After receiving my New2DS back, all my datas are still there :D

But, yeah, too many new games lately and yeah, I got a little bit tired of ACNL, also I scrapped my second town. Thanks to Pocket Camp, I going to play ACNL again, and Akkala is a big mess, flowers and yeah, items everywhere xD
But I'm motivated :3!

I'm quite new to landscaping, yeah. Maybe any tips how to lay some paths, my neighbours and my second character? I will sort all my neighbours out, I need some new villagers xD

The villager houses could be scattered, I don't like the houses in a row ^^;, and at the free space left to the train station, I've planned to put the windmill :)

Here's my map with the houses
HNI_0059.JPG

And here's the map where I removed my neighbours houses (via MSpaint, lol) :)
HNI_0059 - Kopie.JPG

Well then, thanks in advance :)

I think surrounding your paths with different flowers of the same color looks really pretty. Re-planting the default perfect fruit will be helpful for prettier trees in the long run. Honestly, just think ahead about what theme you want for your town and make your early gameplay surround and prepare for that. Breed hybrids early if that's what you're into.

If you want to lay down paths, I'd suggest starting from the top of your town and walking where you would naturally go as a path, and then start marking them down as you go! I found that very helpful, and since I have diagonal bridges too, it was fun to make the diagonal paths.

A good tip I've seen a lot is definitely decide where the bigger PWPs go first, and landscape around them. Also, do you have all the PWPs you want? Sounds like that's the hardest part, getting them from animals. Once you have them, it's pretty easy so long as you know how you want to shape your town. And it's always okay to plan while you go!

Btw, I like your map, the windmill is gonna look great next to the train station, and I like how your plaza is right in the middle. Your river shape looks unique too!

I like planting flowers near villager homes, once I have villagers I like, in a spot I like them in. Usually two separate colors, alternating. If there's three spaces between villager homes instead of two, I also like planting bushes, trees, and bamboo near the homes.

Fun fact, cut bamboo when it's growing on the first day looks super cute.

If you must insist on pathing, I would suggest waiting until all your dreamies are obtained before you start laying paths. Otherwise, you'll just keep re-doing them over and over again. Also I, myself, am a big fan of a tree line near the train tracks as opposed to the traditional orchard, especially if you line the tracks with perfect fruit trees. I think that looks really nice and organized, and like a real town.

i made a few sections in my town.

one part represents winter.
one part represents spring
one part represents summer
one part represents fall/autumn
one part represents the city
one part represents a town
one part represents the seaside
one part represents the country side
one part represents a forest

bust most of all it represents home.

( trust me it represents a lot of things, i've spent years on building, and planting, constructing, planning, and more on how make my town look )

maybe, start with some paths you made yourself, planting a few trees and bushes.
or maybe start with a few PWP's
that's how i started.

or just ''steal'' some random aspects of towns you've been to ( IRL and IG )
and mix it up a bit

Hey, thanks for the advices. I currently obtaining all my Dreamies right now and collecting the PWPs with the diving trick.

I still have some hybrids from my previous town. :)

Back