Plot resetting in the new update? Fauna isnt moving?

mugii

baa
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Jingle Christmas Doll
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Okay so last night (around 8-9 pm in my game) i placed paths everywhere except for the one spot i want Fauna to move onto, and an empty spot where one of my villagers was moving out (he officially moved out today, and i didnt place any paths where he was bc I saved at around 9 pm and closed the game.) I then booted up the game this morning, around 6 am in the game, as a new save file and Fauna keeps moving exactly where the old villager was. I even noticed on the home screen when you first boot up the game that her plot was already in that same spot, even before i booted up any new save files. Please help me, did I do anything wrong? Is Fauna gonna move there for sure now?

Okay so last night (around 8-9 pm in my game) i placed paths everywhere except for the one spot i want Fauna to move onto, and an empty spot where one of my villagers was moving out (he officially moved out today, and i didnt place any paths where he was bc I saved at around 9 pm and closed the game.) I then booted up the game this morning, around 6 am in the game, as a new save file and Fauna keeps moving exactly where the old villager was. I even noticed on the home screen when you first boot up the game that her plot was already in that same spot, even before i booted up any new save files. Please help me, did I do anything wrong? Is Fauna gonna move there for sure now?

Keep on trying.
They can be stubborn.
Maybe the spot you want her to move to isn't viable for some reason.

Never trust in what you see on the start screen. ^_^

Last edited:
The main screen before you load up your town isn't all too accurate when plot resetting, or at least it wasn't in the past. Just because her house appears in the same spot in that preview doesn't necessarily mean that it will be that way when you create the new character to do the plot resetting.

That said, I've experienced this myself since the update. It's really annoying and all I can advise you to do is keep trying. It might take dozens or hundreds of attempts but, assuming you have any more room that a house can fit then hopefully she will place it somewhere else. Also, from what you said, you don't appear to have done anything wrong. In the worst case scenario, you can time travel back to 5:58 AM or some other time shortly before 6 AM, save and quit quickly, then resume plot resetting tomorrow or however long it takes.

Good luck.

Yeah, don't trust what's on the main screen. Yesterday I was in my second town, and when I was on the main screen I saw a plot behind Frobert's house, and then when I loaded my mayor the plot was no longer by Frobert's house, it was next to mine. which is a good thing because it's one of the villagers I wanted, and I needed them near my house! :D

I once trusted the main screen because a villager looked like they'd plotted perfectly.
Spoiler alert: They had not. The regret was instant.

Villagers can still be really stubborn when plot resetting, but you can still get them to budge. Keep in mind that if you recently built a building PWP near that area (like the police station or cafe), the game may consider the acre too full. So even if a villager was there before, another may not be able to move into that old spot.

Back