• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's your favorite thing to do in Animal Crossing?

michealsmells

🎄❄️🌟
Orange 🍊
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4757-8654-8195
Island
Utopia
White Turnip
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Lucky Lollipop
Spectral Preserves
Gastly Halloweaster Egg
Pumpkin Glow Wand
Key to Bell Tree Manor
Ghostly Preserves
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Hybrid Rose
I'm not even fully sure if I should be making a thread on this but its a genuine query I have. Being someone who hasn't had much part in the community for the game (I just joined yesterday by when this post is created), I want to know what kinds of things people like to do in the game. I mean, ACNL is a really simple game, of course, but there are plenty of things to do to the point of where sometimes I try new things and find new hobbies! I was hoping to find some other interesting things, too.

My personal favorite things to do are garden, landscape, and create fun rooms in my house. More recently I've gotten more into landscaping and want to dedicate a bunch of time to making my town perfect, making my own paths, etc. Putting together rooms and changing them seasonally is also a really fun pass time that I wished I heard of more people really loving to do.

But yeah! What particular activities do you guys enjoy doing in the game? :D

I'll reply occasionally to people, not too much case I don't want this thread to become annoying.

Last edited:
Recently I have been really into landscaping too! I finally got all the flowers and bush starters I needed to make my town exactly as I want it. I?ve been working really hard on it and it?s really rewarding.

My favourite thing about the game is the changing of the seasons. Every time a new season begins I love fishing, diving and bug catching. I also love seeing the physical changes in my town. Yesterday I had snow for the first time this year and it?s so pretty. I also look forward to the events each season brings. All my villagers are currently talking about Toy Day which I?ve never played before so I can?t wait :)

I love landscaping, and since all my hybrid breeding was completed long ago, I'm finally getting to do my rooms.

I've got almost all of the RV cards, with new items, which got me interested in designing rooms.
I wasn't that interested before.

I like doing the island tours, and really enjoy fishing. ^_^

So far, I'd have to say that I really enjoy diving. It's neat not knowing exactly what you'll dredge up, and there's a remarkable variety of critters. Selling them is surprisingly good money, particularly the crabs and lobsters. Also, the rhythmic button presses are kind of relaxing, and fairly easy to do even while distracted (usually by relatives or Netflix).

Wasn't much fun earning the medals for the wetsuits, though.

I actually enjoy interacting with the villagers most. Designing clothing and path patterns is also a favorite, and I have recently discovered how much I love diving.

I love landscaping a lot. I’m not the best at it but you don’t have to be great at something to enjoy it! I also love interacting with villagers and visiting dream towns :D I also wish I could play multiplayer with friends as that was one of my favourite things to do back on ACWW

i love landscaping and breeding hybrids, decorating my houses and designing patterns :)

i also spend a lot of time fishing. i have anxiety and it really calms me, it’s so peaceful, especially in the rain and at night.

This is my first town that I've gotten into landscaping and putting a bunch of paths, flowers, trees and PWPs down. I spend a lot of time breeding hybrids and I always look forward to catching bugs/fishing on the island at night after a long, stressful day.

Recently I have been really into landscaping too! I finally got all the flowers and bush starters I needed to make my town exactly as I want it. I’ve been working really hard on it and it’s really rewarding.

My favourite thing about the game is the changing of the seasons. Every time a new season begins I love fishing, diving and bug catching. I also love seeing the physical changes in my town. Yesterday I had snow for the first time this year and it’s so pretty. I also look forward to the events each season brings. All my villagers are currently talking about Toy Day which I’ve never played before so I can’t wait :)

You've never done Toy Day before? It's so simple but its also so calming and just nice, you'll love it. Snowfall is 100% my favorite weather pattern in the game too. I love how it changes the music.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i love landscaping and breeding hybrids, decorating my houses and designing patterns :)

i also spend a lot of time fishing. i have anxiety and it really calms me, it’s so peaceful, especially in the rain and at night.

Oh yes, fishing used to be my most common pass time. It really is so peaceful, and yeah, rain does make it even moreso.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I love landscaping a lot. I’m not the best at it but you don’t have to be great at something to enjoy it! I also love interacting with villagers and visiting dream towns :D I also wish I could play multiplayer with friends as that was one of my favourite things to do back on ACWW

Dream towns! I really do have to visit some more now that I've started to become more close with the community!

I've had chronic anxiety for many years.
Playing AC helps. Especially when anxiety related insomnia kicks in. :(

Last edited:
I love hybrid breeding, river fishing (always more fun than ocean fishing to me idk why), and interior decorating!

Recently I have been really into landscaping too! I finally got all the flowers and bush starters I needed to make my town exactly as I want it. I?ve been working really hard on it and it?s really rewarding.

My favourite thing about the game is the changing of the seasons. Every time a new season begins I love fishing, diving and bug catching. I also love seeing the physical changes in my town. Yesterday I had snow for the first time this year and it?s so pretty. I also look forward to the events each season brings. All my villagers are currently talking about Toy Day which I?ve never played before so I can?t wait :)
Tip: for toyday pay attention to what your villagers want

My favorite thing to do is make money-
I enjoy this sense of achievement you get when you sell stuff you worked hard to get like fishes or fruits, and then get to see all the bells pile up in your bank account-

More seriously I really enjoy fishing and diving, because of the anticipation and then pride at grabbing something cool. It's a small surprise every times(though I could do without all the seabass(es?)).

Otherwise I very recently decided to try and decorate my town with paths and have become obsessed with making the best patterns by myself and then getting them set down in nice ways.

That moment when a villager has a PWP request.

There?s the thrill of the perfect ping, and the satisfaction when it?s a PWP you really want :)

I live for those ACNL moments!

That moment when a villager has a PWP request.

There’s the thrill of the perfect ping, and the satisfaction when it’s a PWP you really want :)

I live for those ACNL moments!

I seriously just grind for PWP requests sometimes,, yes! Theres a few I still really want but can't get! I like to play the game as legitimately as possible though so sometimes I hold off on grinding.

Lately my favorite thing to do in New Leaf has been to play with my friend. We've been visiting each other's towns, catching bugs and fish on the island to help her afford Public Works Projects and house expansions, and playing Snowman Bingo.

Aside from that, for a long while I suppose my favorite thing has been collecting my dream villagers from the Villager Trade Plaza so that I can fit as many of my favorite villagers into my towns as is possible. I need to get on that a bit more as there are only about five or so villagers that I still want to acquire before I'm content.

Acquiring new furniture and clothes that were added in the Welcome Amiibo update has been a fun thing to do as well, and if they count since they don't actually originate in New Leaf, I've been greatly enjoying Animal Crossing Puzzle League and Desert Island Escape. I prefer Puzzle League since it doesn't cost Play Coins (I don't own any amiibo cards or any way to scan them in currently) but I'm worse at it.

Back