• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

IF I delete my town, will my dream address also be gone?

Bluebellie

Apple 🍎
Lychee 🍇
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Island
Melancolia
Red Envelope
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
I want to start a new town, but I worry that my old town will forever be forgotten. If I delete it, will the old town still keep the dream address even though it doesn't exist? I feel like this is a dumb question and I should know the answer and I don't.

I've seen people post that they've been able to visit their deleted towns, so it should remain for a while. ^_^

people or you can still visit your dream town even its already deleted but the DA code is gone tho.

For a while as in temporary? Or is it forever?

I've read that if you go a certain time without updating your DA, that after a while, it will no longer be valid.
I don't know how long DA's remain without updating.

Nintendo clears DAs periodically. It has no particular pattern as to when it will happen.

So if you still get other people to visit your DA it should stay for awhile.

It?s not a perfect system but many people have reset and still visit their old town DA :)

well years ago i tried visiting my deleted town via dream address and it didn't work.

that was much before the welcome amiibo update so i'm sure it's completely gone now. ah well, at least i still have photos....

Back in 2015 my old town corrupted, but when I made my new town, I was able to visit my old town with it's dream address.

Of course, I can't visit it now since all the DA's were changed. RIP original Boston :,(

Back