• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

My amiibo query

Mayordaisy

hiatus
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
Christmas Candy
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
Silver Mailbox
Mailbox
Blue Candy
Hello!
I don't really understand the amiibo part of animal crossing. I have a few questions
Do you need a new 3ds to work the scanner thingy?
Is there an amiibo card of every villager?
Will this one work?
2017-12-11-21-27-20-1763684355.jpeg
Thanks! ^-^

You don't, but a regular 3DS requires a physical scanner which is sold separately and is pretty expensive. There is indeed an amiibo card of every villager. Yes, Cole's amiibo card works but you need the actual thing and not just a picture. :p

Yep, you will need the 3DS NFC Reader/Writer accessory. ^_^

So if I scanned him in would he ask to move in?

If you have a new DS or the reader, and scan him in (using Wisp's lamp), there will be an option that says 'Move in'.
Select that.

If you already have 10 villagers, you will be asked to kick one out. ^_^

My new motto: 'Don't forget
To plot reset!'

Last edited:
To add to what others are saying, Wisp will ask you if you'd like to move out a particular villager if your town is full. if you don't want that villager to move out, he'll let you pick someone else. Go down the list until you find someone that you do want to kick out. The villager will be in boxes and gone the next day, and Cole, in this case, will have the roped off area somewhere, the day after that. Keep in mind that villagers moved in via amiibo card tend to really like to stick to the spot where the villager you kicked out was.

Keep in mind that villagers moved in via amiibo card tend to really like to stick to the spot where the villager you kicked out was.

A tip I read elsewhere on TBT: put path tiles around the house of the villager who is moving out. "They" said this deters the new move-in from plotting there. I have not tested this, so plot reset, too, is good advice.

A tip I read elsewhere on TBT: put path tiles around the house of the villager who is moving out. "They" said this deters the new move-in from plotting there. I have not tested this, so plot reset, too, is good advice.

(Just so you know, this isn't true. Amiibo move-ins tend to prefer the old villager's plot, and will generally plot the new center tile within 1-2 spaces of the old home's center tile. Surrounding the move-out's house with tiles ensures that if the new villager does plot there, it will be in the EXACT spot of the previous villager rather than being off by a square or two, which helps if you want to move someone out but keep the configuration of the town the same. But it doesn't guarantee a plot there, either; the move-in could still go somewhere completely different.)

(Just so you know, this isn't true. Amiibo move-ins tend to prefer the old villager's plot, and will generally plot the new center tile within 1-2 spaces of the old home's center tile. Surrounding the move-out's house with tiles ensures that if the new villager does plot there, it will be in the EXACT spot of the previous villager rather than being off by a square or two, which helps if you want to move someone out but keep the configuration of the town the same. But it doesn't guarantee a plot there, either; the move-in could still go somewhere completely different.)

True.
Mine plotted anywhere. Even though I had patterns everywhere, and had left plots open that were previously lived on.
Patterns did nothing.

Villagers can no longer place their houses on QR codes, so if you want to stop a new amiibo villager from moving into an old villager's spot, you will need to cover up the old villager's spot ENTIRELY. Surrounding it with QR codes will do nothing. It has to be completely covered.

Back