• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

So sad that I deleted my old town! Tips wanted.

Lavochain

Emmie of Lle Hapus
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pavé
Jingle Christmas Doll
Timmy Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
I'm looking for some tips on how to make the game exciting for me again. I deleted my old town for reasons that I can't remember and now I'm stuck with a boring town at the begging of its game. No shampoodle or extras. I've just built my first PWP however I still have barely any fruits and don't know where to start. I'm trying not to time travel this time and desperately want to fall in love with the game again.

Well, I know this might not be what you want to hear, but I thoroughly enjoyed the slow beginning of the game. It felt just really fun and sort of adventurous to just wander around, doing some fishing or bug catching and slowly advancing in the game. Later on, once I have a lot of items, gardening supplies, etc. at my disposal, it's still really fun but also feels like a different kind of game - more customization/creation than simulation. And that's almost bound to happen even if you don't TT, if you still plan on doing trades for stuff.

hi! i'd be happy to give you a couple of every fruit for free, if you like!

Write to your villagers a lot!
This is how I got all the fruits, even bamboo before it was in the shops. ^_^

Just have fun, filling your museum and encyclopedia(s), earn badges, unlock PWP's and shops, upgrade your house, fish, catch bugs.

There's so much to do. Before you know it, your catalogue will be filling up, you'll get all the fruits, and have unlocked everything.

I know it's frustrating and time consuming, but it's a challenge, and some challenges are fun. ^_^

Well, I know this might not be what you want to hear, but I thoroughly enjoyed the slow beginning of the game. It felt just really fun and sort of adventurous to just wander around, doing some fishing or bug catching and slowly advancing in the game. Later on, once I have a lot of items, gardening supplies, etc. at my disposal, it's still really fun but also feels like a different kind of game - more customization/creation than simulation. And that's almost bound to happen even if you don't TT, if you still plan on doing trades for stuff.

my thoughts exactly! honestly starting from scratch and wandering around is the most enjoyable part of the game for me. just take it at your own pace :>

Start growing your perfect fruit trees and check each day for the money rock and fossil digging!

hi! i'd be happy to give you a couple of every fruit for free, if you like!

That would be so unbelievably kind of you. One of my favourite things to do is plan my town and I'd love to get started on he orchard.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I'm getting back into things now and working towards some goals. I agree the beginning can be fun, I'm impatient though so not being able to change my hair is a pain!

Ive had the same village for 3 legit years (2014) and I never restarted before...but I too want to because I have so many ideas I want to do now. I'm just so hesitant because I am literally losing years of progress and all the shops and creatures/badges I've obtained :(
But when I go in my town I just dont like it lol. So conflicted!

Only tip I have for motivation is check out towns on Tumblr or Youtube and look at their town and come up with new ideas like that to mold the town you want and just have fun with it!
This community helps a lot too : )

Back