• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

why are the snow-people so difficult

vvindows98

always down 2 clown
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
i was trying to make a snowmam(?) and accidentally made a badly proportioned snowtyke and now i can't get any furniture :( is there a way to delete snowmen and start over, or do I have to wait until tomorrow for more?? why is this so hard ajfjghshdg lmao

In future, don't save, if you've made a mistake.

I had two goes this morning, making a snowMAM, because dung beetles kept stealing my snowballs and pushing them off the cliff. :-/ LOL

So I went to 9.00 AM, when there are no dung beetles, and made one right away. ^_^

Here's a guide in images, with the proportions -> SnowPeople.

I hope this helps. ^_^

Last edited:
In future, don't save, if you've made a mistake.

I had two goes this morning, making a snowMAM, because dung beetles kept stealing my snowballs and pushing them off the cliff. :-/ LOL

So I went to 9.00 AM, when there are no dung beetles, and made one right away. ^_^

Here's a guide in images, with the proportions -> SnowPeople.

I hope this helps. ^_^

ahh yeah I meant to save first so I could go back if it went wrong :/
thank you so much for the guide!! i'll def use it in future <3

I just kept smashing my snowballs. Trying to get them to more open spots (I swear, they spawn in the middle of the forest on purpose!), I was going past a stump with one. I ended up sitting on the stump, then when I jumped down, it was right on the snowball.

This is going to take some practice.

OMG, me too! It was such a paaiinn! I even saved before putting the two balls together, but as I pushed them they became a snow boy. So I closed the game and when I loaded it again... the balls were gone!?? So I had to chase the little ones all over again and ugghh...
I feel this should be way easier at an empty town with no paths or flowers or trees... it's just torture at this point... x)
(I gave up and did whatever and ended up with a badly proportioned snow whatever that won't give me anything. Sigh....)

When I started my town in January, Snow People weren't too hard to make. But today in my heavily developed town, with lots of dirt under my path patterns everywhere... It took close to 45 minutes just to get a proper Snowman done. >.>

So yeah, the way you built your town determines how hard/easy they are to make. I may just go to other towns for Bingo.

Snowmam is not easy too :( I always keep getting snowboy and sometimes snowman.

I can never get the snow boy right. I ended up cataloging his furniture from a friend. The snow tyke is easy though. Even if you mess up the other snowmen he will still give you a gift for making his family. He just says something stupid like "Big brother looks a little odd, but everyone is all here." lol

this is a dumb question, but if you were to go to someone else's town and THEY had a snowmam, would you be able to get the ice furniture series so long as you had snowflakes?? hmm
ive been playing acnl since 2015 and i have NO idea how this all works ngjsjdhgsdg

Last edited:
When I started my town in January, Snow People weren't too hard to make. But today in my heavily developed town, with lots of dirt under my path patterns everywhere... It took close to 45 minutes just to get a proper Snowman done. >.>

So yeah, the way you built your town determines how hard/easy they are to make. I may just go to other towns for Bingo.

That was my problem, though I have dirt paths, it was hard to manoeuvre the snowballs.

It's like an obstacle course! ^_^

- - - Post Merge - - -

this is a dumb question, but if you were to go to someone else's town and THEY had a snowmam, would you be able to get the ice furniture series so long as you had snowflakes?? hmm
ive been playing acnl since 2015 and i have NO idea how this all works ngjsjdhgsdg

I think you can!
I saw a topic around here somewhere, where someone wanted a town with a snowMAM to trade their snowflakes.

I'm know you can visit towns and get your bingo card filled using other peoples snowmen. ^_^

the snowpeople are so hard for me because it's IMPOSSIBLE to find my second snowball!! :mad:

the snowpeople are so hard for me because it's IMPOSSIBLE to find my second snowball!! :mad:

ugh I have the same problem! I can't find it any second one no matter how many times I quit and load back in. :(

Right? I looked on Bidoof Crossing at the snow ball size for the snowboy and was off just by an inch and got a snow ma'am. You don't even know mad I was lol

I tried making another snowMAM this morning, and ended up with a snowtyke! o_O

LOL

I made a Snowman today and apparently I got the proportions correct. Based on the trouble all of y'all are having, I am not looking forward to messing with the smaller ones lmao.

i made a snowboy instead of a snowmam today and ;;; my poor inventory is filled with snowflakes i refuse to give up

UGH, tell me about it! I was really excited to get my bingo card this morning and instead just ended up with an unhappy snowboy :/

I finally got a snowman yesterday and built another today. Going for those bingos.

Apparently, they cannot be right next to each other, because the one I built today has disappeared. Gah!

Back