• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Critique my dream town!

squidpops

🌈🌴🍯
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4283-9990-2999
I just updated the DA for Honeydew and am seeking reviews/critique on it.
It's still a WIP but I want to know what you think of it so far, how I can improve or change anything!

Honeydew is currently a snowy, slightly-overgrown, forest town set during late autumn.

DA: 4C00-00B2-D1D7

I know I forgot to set out outfits in the plaza but I'll do that next time I update

I’m not very good at reviewing, but I just wanted to say your town is beautiful! I love the way the paths are laid out and the mix of different flowers, the town has a really nice feel to it :)

I really liked the town! I liked the pavement and the placement of it, it's not covering everywhere like I've seen in other towns. Since it seems more like a more wintery, are you gonna change that or keep it like that? The pwps seem really good for the town and where you have put them. I like the arrangement of the apple tress on the right side of town, are you gonna have more fruit and if so will you arrange it like the perfect apples? It doesn't have to be axactly like that but like in rows maybe? I like the flowers, there might be a bit too much, but I like it either way, and understandable that there will be random flowers since it's a forest but it would be nice to see some flowers arrange in some important places. Its really up to you though. I'm just giving some ideas XD Also noticed you had a huge private beach! Lucky :p It be cool to put a wetsuit by the edge where you can jump off to get to the private beach. Jumping into the water is fun XD I really like your scarecrow feild as well.

honey 1.jpg

honey 2.jpg

honey 3.jpg

I’m not very good at reviewing, but I just wanted to say your town is beautiful! I love the way the paths are laid out and the mix of different flowers, the town has a really nice feel to it :)

Thank you! I'm really glad you like it! :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I really liked the town! I liked the pavement and the placement of it, it's not covering everywhere like I've seen in other towns. Since it seems more like a more wintery, are you gonna change that or keep it like that? The pwps seem really good for the town and where you have put them. I like the arrangement of the apple tress on the right side of town, are you gonna have more fruit and if so will you arrange it like the perfect apples? It doesn't have to be axactly like that but like in rows maybe? I like the flowers, there might be a bit too much, but I like it either way, and understandable that there will be random flowers since it's a forest but it would be nice to see some flowers arrange in some important places. Its really up to you though. I'm just giving some ideas XD Also noticed you had a huge private beach! Lucky :p It be cool to put a wetsuit by the edge where you can jump off to get to the private beach. Jumping into the water is fun XD I really like your scarecrow feild as well.

View attachment 212470

View attachment 212471

View attachment 212472

Thank you so much for the review! :)
So I'm going to keep the paths wintery for the season but I do plan on updating my town throughout the seasons and ofc changing paths and whatnot~ I currently have all the types of fruit trees up by the train station in a line, not sure what I'll do with them yet, maybe move them to that big area of flowers below the perfect apples, to be in small rows like you suggested. I so agree with you on the flowers! I'm working on getting rid of them, I used to time travel alot in this town for cycling and as such a ton of them spawned, like I said it's still a wip so I'm still landscaping and everything. I do plan on rearranging them into less chaotic space haha Thanks for the wetsuit idea! It's currently down by the normal beach but I'll move it to the cliff instead! Love the pics you took btw c:

Back