Red Rose
Yellow Rose
White Rose
Jingle Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
Tasty Cake
Happy Home Designer Token
Orange Mote of Flame
I figured each person has their own daily list of tasks and chores they do every day in new leaf. I never actually thought of writing down a list until now! it's good because sometimes I forget to do some tasks and maybe by reading other lists I could learn to do things I possibly overlooked? here we go

my to do list:
--------------
- shake your 3ds to get play coins (10 each day).
- check your mail if you had any.
- talk to Wisp and use an amiibo(card) to get 5 meow coupons each day.
- check your list of tasks that give you meow coupons.
- pick up your shovel, dig up anything you find buries and poke rocks for ore and bills, donate fossils and sell the rest, also check the museum shop while you're at it.
- pick up weeds.
- check re-tail's premium item of the day and ask for turnip prices if you bought turnips earlier (turnips to be bought each Sunday)
- visit Harvey's campground (and the van) after having at least 3(or 5) meow coupons.
- check the bulletin board for news, check the plaza for possible visitors and check the beach for Gulliver. that or use the megaphone to call special characters' names.
- talk to Isabelle to celebrate finished pwp and to start a new one.
- talk to Brewster and get coffee.
- pick up a fruit and give it to Dr. Shrunk for emotions.
- go to the salon and change your hairstyle.
- go to the rest of the shops and buy almost everything (Timmy and Tommy's, Leif, able sisters and Kicks).
- check the list of bugs, fish and deep sea creatures that you can find in the current month.
- speak to all of your villagers and fulfill their (stupid) needs, especially check if one of them is sick to treat them by giving them medicine (haven't had that yet) and if a villager is leaving soon avoid at all costs.
- go to the island (or Club Tortimer) and check for things you can buy there or if it's 7+pm catch bugs and large fish while you're at it.
- sell expensive bugs and fish and pay off your loans, then speak to Tom Nook for next expansion.
- redecorate/ add items to your house if desirable items were obtained.
- do (most of) these things for all 4 characters!!

not sure if I forgot anything. note that I already unlocked Cyrus, QR machine and Club Tortimer for all 4 characters.
I don't actually know if I should water flowers everyday, I'm not really concerned about hybrids atm. I'm planning to do that in the future after being done/unlocking other things first. oh and there's KK Slider at 8+pm, not sure if I actually have to speak to him and let him sing a song for me everyday, I've only done it once.

Last edited:
My routine's a bit odd, given that I'm roleplaying two separate player characters. It goes something like this:

Both Characters
- get the mail
- daily MEOW coupons
- Bell rock
- walk and talk/villager favors
- check special villagers
- check shops/work on unlock criteria
- loans

Optimus (Mayor)
- find fossils
- pick weeds/arrange flowers
- water hybrids
- PWP start/ceremony

Megatron
- work on fishing/catching/diving encyclopedia
- island hunting/island tours
- donate to PWPs

It's working well so far - will definitely have to add new entries to the list as I unlock further facilities.

Yikes, I have a list, too, but you have covered everything on my list and a whole lot more!

Btw, you don't have to water every day if you have Beautiful Town Ordinance. When I think of all the hours I spent needlessly watering...I never water now, except for the few flowers I am trying to spawn hybrids from. Also, about once a month I do the Grass Regrowth Trick. It works, I love it, but it does involve TT. Here is the link here on TBT for anyone who is interested:

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?426178-Grass-regrowth-trick-still-works!-)&highlight=grass+regrowth

my to do list:
--------------
- check your mail if you had any.
- talk to Wisp and use an amiibo(card) to get 5 meow coupons each day, or move someone new in/someone else out
- pick up your shovel, dig up anything you find buries and poke rocks for ore, donate fossils and sell the rest, also check the museum shop while you're at it.
-water hybrids
- pick up weeds.
- check re-tail's premium item of the day
- check the bulletin board for news, check the plaza for possible visitors and check the beach for Gulliver. that or use the megaphone to call special characters' names. Usually 2nd or 3rdthing I do
- talk to Isabelle to celebrate finished pwp and to start a new one.
- Work at Roost
- go to the salon and change your hairstyle.
- go to the rest of the shops and buy almost everything (Timmy and Tommy's, Leif, able sisters and Kicks).
- check the list of bugs, fish and deep sea creatures that you can find in the current month.
- speak to all of your villagers and fulfill their (stupid) needs, especially check if one of them is sick to treat them by giving them medicine (haven't had that yet) and if a villager is leaving soon avoid at all costs.
-Go visit other ppl
- go to the island (or Cub Tortimer) and check for things you can buy there or if it's 7+pm catch bugs and large fish while you're at it.
- sell expensive bugs and fish
- redecorate/ add items to your house if desirable items were obtained.

Copied what you wrote but added and removed some things

Last edited:
First thing I do, is scan an amiibo figure (I keep Rover handy on the table next to the sofa!) or card to get 5 meow coupons, as I keep Wisp's lamp just inside the front door.

I use the Lovely Phone to check my lucky item.

I then pull any weeds (hardly any with Beautiful Town Ordinance), and dig up the crapload of flowers the villagers have dropped.

I hit the money rock, using the silver shovel so there's the chance of getting 8 pieces of ore instead of bells, with it.

I talk to whoever is awake.
Chelsea and/or Etoile, as I get up when the normal villagers do.

Check Harvey's campground.
I feed the birds sometimes.

Depending on what they are, I do the daily tasks for meow coupons.

If it's still too early for the shops to open, I save and load it back up when they are open.

I go to Main Street at 10.00 AM, hit all the shops, then go to the island for at least 15 minutes to tan. ^_^

Sometimes after I've done all of the above, I set the time back to 6.00 AM so I have a couple of hours on the island, to catch beetles and sharks, etc.

Last edited:
Wake up at 6 AM (yes I'm crazy)
Check Mail
Dig up fossils, check the plaza, bulletin board, campground, campsite, pull up weeds, talk to villagers and check turnip prices
Since I have early bird ordinance, go to main street to check shops
Don't check the money rock because I have really bad rock placement and all of them are surrounded by either flowers or patterns
Stop playing because of school
Start playing because school ended
Check mail
Talk to the rest of the villagers
Don't give a fruit to Dr Shrunk because I have all the emotions
Check turnip prices
Wait till 5 PM for more mail
Then I'm bored. BTW ever since Welcome Amiibo, villagers don't get sick.

Last edited:
For me:

1- Check Mail
2- Grab shovel, dig up all 4 fossil, (3 gyroids If after snow/rain), and maybe pitfall seed.
3- Find fake rock, and money rock
4- Go to street, and shops (get medicine), and check campground with RV
5- Have Blathers assesses fossils and donate (if any)
6- Sell gem and any undonatable fossils
7- Pay towards loan and make deposit.
8- Shake all trees (there is always 2 pieces of furniture)
9- Talk to villagers (can be done at any time)
10- Sell unwanted furniture
11- Go To Island At night 1 to 3 times and Sell bugs back in Village.

Sometimes I do 7 before I shop. Don?t have any amiibo cards yet. But once I do and have my new nfc reader I may use it more.

Last edited:
for me it's:

- check mail
- check hybrid growing area
- find all 4 fossils in my town
- find money rock
- find ore rock
- get fossils assessed
- sell the ones I don't need, along with the ore
- check out shops + put stuff away
- talk to villagers
- check campsite

:)

Looking at all these lists, I get the impression I play rather more freestyle than I thought. I check the mail because it's right there beeping at me and check the campsite and police station. Everything else is up in the air, though I try to talk to my villagers at least once during my play time. Right now I'm focusing my energy on farming for pwps, but other times I'll focus on going to the island to make bells or play the tours to farm for medals. There's a lot of wandering around just planning what I want to do with my town and that's where I find fossils, the gem rock and whatever villager pings about miscellaneous things. Seems a bit organic, I guess, since I don't go in with a set plan for the day. I'm playing only one town now and the others are on hiatus.

Back